Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

OK I Painted it!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 06:08 PM

OK I Painted it!

ok what do you think, dont be too harsh now.................................

Old 10-20-2011, 07:22 PM

Re: OK I Painted it!

Looks good IMO! Where, what style, how does it fit, & how big is the cowl hood? That is the exact style hood that Im looking for. Thanks, Brian
Old 10-20-2011, 10:16 PM

Look's TIGHT man! I like yellow on CAMARO'S. BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW LOL
Old 10-20-2011, 10:47 PM

Ok you said not to be to harsh so I won't be. I love the color of the car, looks great! However I think the car would look better with a stock hood. That's not to harsh is it? I know most people like the hood, but for me it's a little big. GREAT JOB on the car.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by ZeeSNuttS
Look's TIGHT man! I like yellow on CAMARO'S. BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW LOL
I wonder why they did not make any 4th gen's in yellow. Well at least to my knowledge they didn't. I see alot of the 5th gen's in yellow and every now and then a yellow iroc-z. They always get my attention.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:08 AM

I like it!!! I love that hood it just look so beefy lol and on a side not tryin not to be harsh just an opinion but I think some black wheels would really set it off maybe even some chrome wheels would look good at the very least some tire shine might also help
Old 10-21-2011, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by cars3
Ok you said not to be to harsh so I won't be. I love the color of the car, looks great! However I think the car would look better with a stock hood. That's not to harsh is it? I know most people like the hood, but for me it's a little big. GREAT JOB on the car.
i think as far as size its perfect, what this car needs are some new wheels. the stock wheels make it look like a stock car and a stock car with a big cowl hood kind of raises a couple questions. i saw by his sig. that its not stock its got a fat nasty cam and longtubes and other stuff so my personal opinion is it looks real good....get some new wheels and that would complete the look.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:40 AM

I wonder why they did not make any 4th gen's in yellow. Well at least to my knowledge they didn't. I see alot of the 5th gen's in yellow and every now and then a yellow iroc-z. They always get my attention.
your right they didnt, I would have got a yellow LS1 for sure. I might paint my car yellow some day.

Originally Posted by lymlyt96
I like it!!! I love that hood it just look so beefy lol and on a side not tryin not to be harsh just an opinion but I think some black wheels would really set it off maybe even some chrome wheels would look good at the very least some tire shine might also help
sup bro...you should post a pic of Cory's LT1 just to give this guy a idea. Cory has one of the cleanest LT1's in the BAY.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:50 AM

looks good man...wanted that hood for my car...but got a deal on an ss hood i just couldn't refuse lol...if i ever get rid of it im deff getting this one!
Old 10-21-2011, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by ZeeSNuttS
your right they didnt, I would have got a yellow LS1 for sure. I might paint my car yellow some day.

sup bro...you should post a pic of Cory's LT1 just to give this guy a idea. Cory has one of the cleanest LT1's in the BAY.
Umm I think Cory has one of the cleanest LT1's EVER lol...And to the op here's a pic what the black and yellow looks like.
Name:  corey.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  38.1 KB
Old 10-21-2011, 08:33 PM

Although I'm probably in the minority, I like these cars in yellow. The biggest problem with doing one is that they need a certain amount of black accents IMO. The pic lymlyt96 posted is one example of introducing some extra black. The first thing I would do in the OP's case is get some wheels, and maybe consider doing the sail panel in black to tie in with the t-tops. As for the lack of yellow 4th gens, I believe a couple of the Berger/GMMG cars were finished in Daytona yellow.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:28 AM

yes, black wheels are in my future.....just trying to save the money up for them.as for the hood , i,ll get the name and number off the sticker and post up soon for you guys that are interested.i personally feel it is too big of a cowl , it obstructs your view but i no longer have the LT-1 so it is necessary until i figure out how to get air without it.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:08 AM

Paint job looks great. The hood would look fine if it had an aggressive wheel/tire setup. Its kind of like putting a body kit on a car and not widening out the stance, jus doesnt quite fit yet. I see some fat 10inch black wheels on the rear with some 305's to set it off! Nice ride im jealous
Old 10-23-2011, 12:09 PM

here is the hood info....i do not know any more about it , i bout the car less engine and the hood was already on it..
Old 10-23-2011, 12:10 PM

check out this shot...

Quick Reply: OK I Painted it!