Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Racking my brain - name of company that makes custom car "boards" for car shows?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 11:28 AM
Admin Emeritus

Angry Racking my brain - name of company that makes custom car "boards" for car shows?

I am looking for the name of this company that uses pics and specs of your car and crates a pretty slick looking "board" or large "plaque" that your place in front of your car at car shows. If I am not mistaken they are sorta pricey but I want to take a look at what they do for reference.

I know I have seen flyers and brochures in goodie bags at car shows and events, but I cannot for the life of me find their web site.

Man...this is killing me. Searching Google does no good. It is a relatively popular company for this sort of thing, too. I think they also print custom trading cards of people's cars as well

I could swear they have to word "star" in the name, but I might be way off even in that regard. Does any have any idea what I am talking about?
Old 04-05-2004, 11:42 AM

I'm very interested in this topic, too!!
Old 04-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Admin Emeritus

Okay...I think I remember the name now.

I think it was called "Flash Cards". I am still having a hard time finding the site. I cannot seem to narrow it down with Google.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Admin Emeritus

Found it.

http://www.showboards.com
Old 04-05-2004, 06:41 PM

pricy is'nt the word. They are a nice idea though. I was going to have someone airbrush a 4x2 piece of mirror or plexiglass with a list of mods etc... I think this will be alot cheaper and keep with the theme of my car dislpay.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:29 AM

Originally posted by JasonD
Found it.

http://www.showboards.com
I'm glad you found it cause I want one.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:26 AM

Originally posted at Showboards.com
Will my Flash Board fade?
Our inks are guaranteed by the ink manufacturer not fade for up to one year continually outside.

How waterproof is the Flash Board?
It will resist light moisture to the front where you could wipe it with a soft cloth. Where to be concerned is the edges where moisture can seep in. Treat your Flash Boards as you do your car. If it looks like a downpour, bring in your board.

How do they stand up in the wind?
If you buy our stand, this will help a little. The boards are about 4 pounds and with the stand seem to stand up to most breezy days. If your at a show and it gets breezy keep your eye on your board. We do recommend not using them on windy or breezy days. The last thing you need is to scratch your neighbors car or worst of all your own.

Will my Flash Board warp?
Yes. It's plastic. In the hot sun every board will bend and bow a little no matter who makes it for you. We found that once they cool down they straighten up a little. Do not leave your boards in the interior of your car uncovered. Most cars in the sun will get you to 160 - 180 degrees which is enough to warp the heck out of this plastic. We had only one board owner warp his board and he wanted us to pass along the warning.

Will my Flash Board scratch?
Yes. They are made out of a laminant that is resistant to scratching to some point. If you treat the boards with the same care you treat your car's finish, you'll be fine. Use a duster or cotton cloth to wipe them down. Do not use a paper towel, that will scratch the finish for sure. You can use glass cleaner on the finish. Don't use waxes.

Can you fax or email a copy before you print it?
Yes, we can but we discourage it. So we charge you $25 for this service. You see when we fax or email you a copy not only does it slow our production but it creates a problem about changes. Usually when you give someone a chance to move or change something, they will. At the point we fax it, all our work is over so any changes to your board sometimes requires us to start all over. All we can say is if there's a typo that's our fault, we do it over for free. If your concerned about the look of your board, then provide a sketch of what your looking for and we will do our best to design it that way. We always tell people we've done over 7500 boards and this is their first... we might be able to come up with something just a little bit better. So trust us, it should come out great looking.

What happens if I don't like it?
We can't make everyone happy and we understand that. All we can say is that out of the over 7500 orders that we've done, we have about 1 out of 1000 who calls us up with a complaint. We spend about 4 to5 hours on each board and create each board as if it were ours. We never send a board out that we wouldn't want to receive. That's why we take the time to call you up if your photos are less than good or we have some questions concerning your orders. We tell everyone that "our name is on our product as well as yours" and we only get business from happy customers. If you don't believe us, ask a Flash Board owner about our service and product.
There's a lot of things in that list that just don't look good to me. I think I would make my own...

There are plenty of places now that have vinyl printers that put pictures onto vinyl etc...I would just get my car printed out on it and then put my board together like that - it would be less expensive more than likely - plus it would probably last longer and would be weather resistant.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:50 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by 94BlackBowtie
There's a lot of things in that list that just don't look good to me. I think I would make my own...
FWIW...I have seen their products and they are very nice. For $200? I can do just as nice myself, which is what I was going to do.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:31 AM

Hey Jason

I was looking at the pic in your avatar. Was that your car in those f-body hideout videos? I think I saved every video on the site lol. If that was you and your buddies, you guys are sick!!!! Man I was amped up just looking at the fbodies tearing up that town. I need to make my own video too and upload it.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by stangkilla1
Hey Jason

I was looking at the pic in your avatar.
You can see a bigger one here:
http://www.phantomss.com/camaro/

Was that your car in those f-body hideout videos? I think I saved every video on the site lol. If that was you and your buddies, you guys are sick!!!!
Nope, wasn't me. I have some of those vids, I'll have to go through them and see whose car looks like mine. I can live vicariously through them.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:02 AM

Originally posted by stangkilla1
Hey Jason

I was looking at the pic in your avatar. Was that your car in those f-body hideout videos? If that was you, you guys are sick!!!! Man I was amped up just looking at the fbodies tearing up that town.
Hahahaha!!! Jason being rough on his Camaro!

Just kidding Jason - I have learned how ultra-conservative you are.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by 94BlackBowtie
Hahahaha!!! Jason being rough on his Camaro!
You should have seen how I dove my last Camaro. By compairson, I put it through hell and back.

Just kidding Jason - I have learned how ultra-conservative you are.
Heh...I didn't spend over 30 grand to beat the car into the ground, but I do stomp on it once in a while. Ask 95 Z/28 LT1, he is usually with me when I do it.

I think this stereotype of me is a bit inflated, thanks to certain people who pretend to know so much about my driving habits as if they are with me while I drive. You will notice that since they want to either be me or be with me so much, they cannot stop talking about it.

But anyway...
Old 04-06-2004, 11:24 AM

Jeez! Kinda pricey doesn't even begin to cover the costs!
Old 04-06-2004, 12:25 PM

Originally posted by JasonD
I think this stereotype of me is a bit inflated, thanks to certain people who pretend to know so much about my driving habits as if they are with me while I drive. You will notice that since they want to either be me or be with me so much, they cannot stop talking about it.

But anyway...
Ok, so I should say - I thought that I had learned how ultra-conservative your driving habits were by reading various posts - but maybe I have no clue.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:34 PM

Man Jay your car makes me want to go trade mine in, like right now lol. If you dont have it, they have a new compilation video with a lil skit. It should be the most recent uploaded file (5 mintues long) and I wathced it over and over. those guys make me proud!!!! I thought i like to act up on the city streets. One guy even tried to outrun the police in his green Z, got back in his car and was "sidewayz" lol.

On another note. i have been meaning to give you a thanks. I've been here for about 3 years and have leaned more about my camaros than any mechanic or car nut could have shown me, Met more friends than a lil bit, had some laughs and cussed out some haters lol. But really, what would we do without Cz28.com? I read the article from the message board review site and i guess you guys do it for the same reason we all do. For the love of F-bodies. there is no other website about camaros that even comes close. Dont think i'm gettin all sentimental (sniff,sniff..i love my camaro lol) but i have'nt seen anyone give thanks to their favorite "free" site. I'll be here another 3 years. Without Cz28.com Iwoulda still been trying to figure out how to take my door panels off lol.

Quick Reply: Racking my brain - name of company that makes custom car "boards" for car shows?