Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Should I...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 01:09 AM

Post Should I...?

I'm needing something else to do to my car, and I have played with the idea of racing stripes before, so I decided to photoshop it before I spend $135. Going by this picture and what you've seen before, do you think I should do it. Also, I know after a while if I wanted to take thm off that the car would need to be repainted, but how long could I keep them on without that problem.

www.geocities.com/splitfire414/stripes.jpg
*copy and paste*

------------------
1995 3.4L Camaro, FlowMaster Exhaust 3" tips, TailBlazers, 2 12" RFosgate He2 Subs, 500 watt RF amp, Kenwood KDC-515 Player, Polk rear and Xplodes front speakers, GTS Headlight covers (smoke), Chevy emblem side markers, Clear Bumper lenses, Painted Camaro on steering wheel, K&N FIPK
My page

[This message has been edited by SplitFire (edited July 28, 2002).]
Old 07-28-2002, 01:26 AM

I think you should. I think it's always good to have your car a little different then the one's around it.

BTW, your car is on my background with the lightning strike.

------------------
Dustin Wray and the Lounge's sexiest Second Gen.
AIM: Kamaro350Z
CamaroZ28.com's official user.
Old 07-28-2002, 10:28 AM

I would definately be the only Camaro with stripes. Right now, I am the most modified Camaro in my town. I've never seen anyone else's car in person that has more stuff than my car, and I really don't have much at all.

By the way, good choice on your wallpaper

[This message has been edited by SplitFire (edited July 28, 2002).]
Old 07-28-2002, 10:46 AM

I'm not a big fan of those heritage stripes, but I LOVE the more traditional rally or "viper" stripes, think "Viper GTSR" or "Gone in 60 Seconds" etc... etc..
My reasoning is because I think the heritage ones look incomplete, they just stop at the end of the hood... and to me that's tacky. No offense to anyone that has that package... jus my $.02, ( cha ching )

------------------
~ Black 95 Z A4 Convert~
P t ' s w e b p a g e
Custom PCM, ASR PCM mod, 1st gear mod, short shifter, 3" CUTOUT, TB Bypass, ported/polished MAF, Vortech/K&N CAI, LT4KM, JET IAT, BMR STB, BMR SB, BMR SFC's, TPIS Fuel Pump, Ground-Control/Eibach ERS Coilovers, (BMR APHR, 160 stat, Ignition Booster waiting to be installed !)
Old 07-29-2002, 09:20 AM

I'd like to make that .04 cents. I agree. I like the idea and look of the stripes going all the way down to the GROUND!! Stopping at the hood gives it an incomplete look. Hopefully I'm doing the viper stripes in the future (by the end of the year!) Glad to know someone else already likes the same idea.

------------------
Steve-o
White Z 4 Show
Upgrades: Indiglo Gauges, 160 degree thermostat, tornado air foil, Altezza Tail Lights, 3rd Brake light Mod, complete stereo upgrade, 20% Window Tint (06/04), and W-type body kit (06/13 received)

Future Mods: W-type body kit Installation, Underbody red neons, HVAC, Headlight, & transmission overlays, CAMARO inserts (red), and interior neons (blue).