Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

speedautomotive.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 01:12 AM

Unhappy speedautomotive.com

Okay i went to their web site to check out some used leather seats but theres is no way i can get a hold of them. There is no contact # or e-mail etc... does anyone know how can i order stuff from them. Please help me out.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:32 AM

BTW i did do a search and found a lot of stuff about them but none of the thread says anything about how to get a hold of them because their #'s always change etc...
Old 03-02-2004, 06:32 AM

I've read countless times that they are a very bad place to do business with. Thats why they've changed there name so many times, to try to shed their current reputation,and try to make people think its a new company i guess.

At least thats what i read, numerous times.

Probably better stay away from them, unless you live near 'em
Old 03-02-2004, 08:57 AM

They changed their name to Tennessee Auto Parts or something like that.They change their name once a year due to all the bad stuff that circulates about them.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by LanceJoker
They changed their name to Tennessee Auto Parts or something like that.They change their name once a year due to all the bad stuff that circulates about them.
I think this is pretty much true.

I only do business with them because they are about 35 miles north of me. I have been there a few times - its not that impressive, but he does have quite a few parts.

Anyhow, here is the site:
http://store.tnautoparts.com/info.html
If that number doesn't get you through to them eventually (expect to call SEVERAL times) then PM me - I have the local number for them as well - just not handy at the moment.

I would ask for actual pictures of the items you are wanting though - I have heard several horror stories about Scott's online dealings. He's not that great to deal with in person - but that's another story.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:26 PM

Yea i posted a thread about not buying from them
a while back and it got a whole lot of responses (bad
ones about them nontheless) but it seems someone
deleted my thread without me knowing
Old 03-02-2004, 07:41 PM

I bought a 2001 WS6 front clip from them for my 95 . There were VERY VERY VERY aggrivating to deal with . They were great on the phone till they got their money . From that point on it was nearly impossible to get a hold of them , shipping took FOREVER and to top it all off the Hood , which was stated to have a small area on the edge that needed repairing ( pics were sent ) had cracks at every mounting point and I had to spend ALOT of unexpected $$$ on labor for hood repair . I said I absolutely have to have all the mounting bolts ( my car was stolen and the entire front clip bolts and all were taken ) , they included that in the cost , but never shipped them . In calls back to them the idiot on the phone said I would have to purchase them even though I already did . I paid for a WS6 lower airbox I never got .

They made my front clip conversion absolute hell , because all the little stuff was supposed to be included and I kept hitting a wall due to those little things they left out and wouldnt own up to .

Total cost of the clip : $2000
Total cost after hood repair(19 hours ) and all the other crap they forgot to send : $1200 additional unexpected $$$

Avoid this place man !!!!!!!

There are plent of other F-body used parts businesses that are awesome to deal with . TA Creations is one of them .