Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Tell me something...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 03:32 PM

Tell me something...

I had no idea where to post this, so I figured here would be best since it primarily relates to interiors.

Really, I want to know ANYTHING you dislike about your Camaro's. Specifically, 93-97's. By anything I mean anything...interior, engine, body, etc.

I'm thinking of ways to improve anything especially related to daily driving, but still, post anything. I'd like to know.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:45 PM

I want tweeter mounts for the side mirrors I was gonna make them myself but I'm lazy
Old 10-30-2003, 03:59 PM

i used to have a '95 camaro and the ONLY thing i didn't like about it was the body. the specific body parts i didn't like about it were the headlight assemblies, the hood, doors (trans ams have that big graphics line on it), the wheels and the spoiler. so i sold my camaro and bought a trans am and i LOVED the camaros interior A LOT better. but the trans am has t-tops and thats a definite plus.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:18 PM

Originally posted by AW/whiteZ-28
I want tweeter mounts for the side mirrors I was gonna make them myself but I'm lazy
Alrighty...

Originally posted by Wolf Warrior
i used to have a '95 camaro and the ONLY thing i didn't like about it was the body. the specific body parts i didn't like about it were the headlight assemblies, the hood, doors (trans ams have that big graphics line on it), the wheels and the spoiler. so i sold my camaro and bought a trans am and i LOVED the camaros interior A LOT better. but the trans am has t-tops and thats a definite plus.
Alright, so you're telling me you liked the Camaro's interior a lot? Wow, that's totally the opposite vibe than what I get from most people Most people I speak to about it say they think the seats are understuffed and just generally uncomfortable. Now were the seats in yours leather?
Old 10-30-2003, 04:19 PM

I dislike the headlights, I want a custom flush mount HID setup which resembles that of a 360 Modena. Also our cars need to be about 1000 pounds lighter that would be nice. Oh and do yourself a favor and get a Z28 you will regret it if you don't. They are not that much more.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by bigdreamZ
I dislike the headlights, I want a custom flush mount HID setup which resembles that of a 360 Modena. Also our cars need to be about 1000 punds lighter that would be nice. Oh and do yourself a favor and get a Z28 you will regret it if you don't. They are not that much more.
Hehehehe...notice, I just changed my sig. to say Z28, not RS anymore Yeah, I've now told myself I'm not settling for a V6 whatsoever...I just hope insurance won't be too bad...(it'll be my first car when I turn 16)

But yeah, about the headlights, that's exactly why when I get mine I'll be doing a 98+ front end conversion...I like it so much more.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by Tatanko
But yeah, about the headlights, that's exactly why when I get mine I'll be doing a 98+ front end conversion...I like it so much more.
Okay, here's how I feel. If you already do not have a camaro, then just get a 98+ and forget about converting a 93-97, why go through the hassle.
Old 10-30-2003, 04:38 PM

Originally posted by RENE95Z
Okay, here's how I feel. If you already do not have a camaro, then just get a 98+ and forget about converting a 93-97, why go through the hassle.
Cheaper...price of the car itself is cheaper, the conversion isn't very expensive (same as a body kit as far as price really)...I mean, c'mon, it's my first car. I also don't want to have to pay that kind of insurance.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:27 PM

Now that I think of it, I have replaced everything I didn't like.. but here is a quick list:

1. The stock headlights are downright dangerous

2. The stock audio system is inferior to that of the Pontiacs

3. The stock wheel offset is downright ugly (especially the rear wheels)

4. The stock wheels themselves are undersized. Should have been 17's stock 18's on the SS.

5. Stock shifter (M6 and A4) both stick up WAY to high.

6. Stock gears are bad gearing for a sports car

7. Stock exhaust is downright pitiful sounding

8. Stock speed limiter sucks

9. WAYYYY TOO HEAVY for a sports car.

10. Stock suspension leaves alot to be desired.

11. Stock rearend and tranny are relatively weak (considering the power the car puts out stock)
Old 10-30-2003, 05:46 PM

Ditto on everything Paul said, luckily most of those can be fixed with aftermarket parts Speaking of aftermarket parts wheres those 20x10.5 Z06 rims at, I wanna see some pics!
Old 10-30-2003, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by pu12en12g
Now that I think of it, I have replaced everything I didn't like.. but here is a quick list:

1. The stock headlights are downright dangerous

2. The stock audio system is inferior to that of the Pontiacs

3. The stock wheel offset is downright ugly (especially the rear wheels)

4. The stock wheels themselves are undersized. Should have been 17's stock 18's on the SS.

5. Stock shifter (M6 and A4) both stick up WAY to high.

6. Stock gears are bad gearing for a sports car

7. Stock exhaust is downright pitiful sounding

8. Stock speed limiter sucks

9. WAYYYY TOO HEAVY for a sports car.

10. Stock suspension leaves alot to be desired.

11. Stock rearend and tranny are relatively weak (considering the power the car puts out stock)

Thank you for the list

My next question is, how did you go about fixing all of these things? I know not many are thrilled with the headlights (mine will be replaced with 98+). The stock audio system to me isn't too bad if it's Bose (except I'd maybe put another sub in the back, the Bose, stock-looking kind)...wheels are an easy fix, obviously (C5 rims personally )...I know a friend of mine with a V6 had a shop change his gear ratios and it made a world of difference...exhaust is another easy fix, so is speed limiter (how do you fix that, actually?)...weight can't really be fixed without sacrificing interior comfort, but it's dealable...

What I want to know is, how did you fix the wheel offset, stick height, speed limiter, and tranny issues?

I know some Camaro's have rear drum brakes...which years/models were they? (or all?) Which I spose is fixable, just get some disc brakes...
Old 10-30-2003, 06:30 PM

I think the T56 and 4L60E are fine trannys.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:29 PM

Anybody?
Old 10-30-2003, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by Tatanko
Thank you for the list

My next question is, how did you go about fixing all of these things? I know not many are thrilled with the headlights (mine will be replaced with 98+). The stock audio system to me isn't too bad if it's Bose (except I'd maybe put another sub in the back, the Bose, stock-looking kind)...wheels are an easy fix, obviously (C5 rims personally )...I know a friend of mine with a V6 had a shop change his gear ratios and it made a world of difference...exhaust is another easy fix, so is speed limiter (how do you fix that, actually?)...weight can't really be fixed without sacrificing interior comfort, but it's dealable...

What I want to know is, how did you fix the wheel offset, stick height,
Try here for the shifter hieght:
http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/lousshortstick.html
Old 10-30-2003, 09:44 PM

The t56 is a very good transmission...far from weak. Its rated to take 400+ hp I believe.

Quick Reply: Tell me something...