Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

What aftermarket color for a 4th gen ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 05:15 PM

Question What aftermarket color for a 4th gen ?

I'm trying to decide on a different color to paint a forth gen Z28. The car is going to be a solid color so I'd like to have some input on everyone's opinion of a wild and cool color for it. The guy that is going to do the paint job is the lead painter in the dealership where I work so it will come out looking nice. I'm going to pull the motor so he can paint the engine bay along with the door jams and inside the trunk and whatever else needs to be painted to look like a factory job. Help me decide guys!!
Old 08-20-2004, 05:25 PM

Re: What aftermarket color for a 4th gen ?

Paint it metallic Admiral Blue, then get some black ZR1s or ZO6s all around, and you will have one good looking car This is what I plan to do with my other car.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:29 PM

You could paint it a metallic or metalflake blue. Mine has medium blue metalflake paint. It really looks good the way it glitters in the sunlight.

Last edited by camaro_chic17; 08-20-2004 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

I happen to like millennium yellow myself
Old 08-20-2004, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Brent94Z
I happen to like millennium yellow myself
Funny you mention that Brent, I was talking to a buddy about maybe painting the car that color.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:32 AM

Forgot to mention that I have Enkie "win" wheels just so you guys and gals know in case you were wondering for the color selection.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:16 AM

I'm a huge fan of Porsche's Atlas Grey.

Old 08-21-2004, 03:22 AM

well, blue is nice, i love the color, but medium quasar blue is in use on a lot of 4th gen maros anyways, so go with something more flashy i say, how about a true candy apple red? dont like the idea of "just another red camaro"? well then... how about an original "hugger orange". its not a flashy color, as far as glitter and sparkle.... but i think it would stand out in its own way. I plan to do my 95 Z with a medium gunmetal grey, and the hood scoop would be black (the big block hood on there how will look mean like this) along with a single stripe the color and width of the cowl going down the back. so basically, black and grey.... no im not a raider fan, i just think silver/grey looks good on 4th gen camaros. makes them look expensive.... rather than a red one, that to me looks cheap and "done". dont get me wrong, they look good red, but i am a person who doesnt give a damn if the stock paint job was worth $25k, as soon as i get the car, im changing the paint color, i dont like stock..... JMHO
Old 08-21-2004, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by 81z28kid
I'm a huge fan of Porsche's Atlas Grey.

Thats grey? looks like its black, or an EXTREMELY dark blue...... i wish i could see that in person, i saw a 69 camaro once, and it was silver/grey and it looked red, the paint was done so damn well, that the silver reflected like a mirror, and the car took on the color of its surroundings..... so nice...... lol
Old 08-21-2004, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by ZeeDub
Thats grey? looks like its black, or an EXTREMELY dark blue...... i wish i could see that in person, i saw a 69 camaro once, and it was silver/grey and it looked red, the paint was done so damn well, that the silver reflected like a mirror, and the car took on the color of its surroundings..... so nice...... lol
Thats what I love about black.. when it's all polished up, it reflects different colours.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:17 AM

i think a real dark black cherry red, i love that color
Old 08-22-2004, 05:39 AM

they have black cherry, and probably a black cherry red, i saw the black cherry, and i wouldnt get that if i were you.... the black cherry looks almost like a dark *** purple... black cherry red i dont know, but honestly, i do think the camaro has had its day in the sun as a red sports car, now its time to do something else with it... between the ralley red and the cheyenne metallic.... camaros are famous for being red in that year... i say do something wild.... orange, lime green, kiwi green, electric blue, gunmetal grey, sunfire yellow, candy tangerine metallic, white can be nice if you get the diamond white on the new cadillacs... ive seen it on a 96 Z... looks good... but he had a WS6 style hood on it... yuck... didnt suit that car at all, looks better on the bird lol... but seriously, do something crazy, and catchy... like i said even an old style hugger orange would do it nice..... i was thinking of doing mine up with an electric blue w/ arctic white stripes... because a lot of oldschool 69 camaros had that look, or the yellow with black stripes, a yenko classic... i love old style interpreted onto a new car... like the brand new stangs about to come out, i hate mustangs with a passion, but they made good use of their time/effort with the styling used on this new stang.... JMHO do what you like, but try to be unique... its what sport styling customization is all about!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2004, 03:09 PM

Look no further than SOM

That Atlas Grey looked freak'n awesome
Old 08-22-2004, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by RedHottG2
Forgot to mention that I have Enkie "win" wheels just so you guys and gals know in case you were wondering for the color selection.
no you don't
Old 08-22-2004, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by dmoor88
no you don't
Excuse me ?

Who ever you are you can contact solid 95 z (Scott Mazoch) here on the board. I just bought the wheels from him newb. So now if you don't have any suggestion on a color choice then you can stay out of my thread.

Quick Reply: What aftermarket color for a 4th gen ?