Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

what color bowtie with black/silver ss badges?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 01:36 PM

what color bowtie with black/silver ss badges?

i'm going to replace my red and black ss badges with silver and black but i think the red bowtie on the back will look ugly with silver and black badges...should i leave the bowtie red, paint it silver, paint it black, or take it off?
Old 08-12-2004, 03:08 PM

Re: what color bowtie with black/silver ss badges?

Originally Posted by blackbirdta
i'm going to replace my red and black ss badges with silver and black but i think the red bowtie on the back will look ugly with silver and black badges...should i leave the bowtie red, paint it silver, paint it black, or take it off?
Personally, I think the red bowtie on a black car without any other "colored" accents looks quite nice. It's kind of that one little stand out, but is tasteful.

I have no badges though except for my front nose bowtie (which is covered with a Brent Franker reflective red overlay), so I am sort of partial to the idea of a black bowtie as well. That way it is still there, but not so eye catching. Kind of sleek. With the SS badges still on there, that's the only reason I say don't take it off completely.

So I say red if you want just that little bit of flair, but not screaming "attention *****", and black if you want a sleek subtle look but also nice.