Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Whats the point of clear corners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 06:53 PM

Whats the point of clear corners?

Why have clear corners if they come with amber bulbs ? They are on all the time when the car is running. Let me know. If you can talk me into them, i might be interested in a set for my Z in sig.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:56 PM

Really it all lies in preference, but the point is to just make the car look, I dunno, "cleaner." Having red and amber bulbs in them has to do with legal issues. The housings themselves can legally be clear, but the light they emit has to be amber in the front and red in the rear. (correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 10-30-2003, 06:58 PM

I thought you couldn't have clear rears with out somekind of red reflector over the lights inside. I dont know, some cars look ok with clear corners. Does kinda make for a clean look on the white and black cars.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:59 PM

How long does it take to install them? I see they are pretty cheap on ebay. Would they look right on my car?
Old 10-30-2003, 07:02 PM

Originally posted by My 97 Z28
How long does it take to install them? I see they are pretty cheap on ebay. Would they look right on my car?
On a white car, yes, they'd look good. I'm not too sure about Camaro's but I know with most cars it's usually 1 or 2 screws and out they pop (in the front)...rear corners are usually a little more complicated though.

But to answer your question...the fronts I bet would take less than 10 minutes.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:06 PM

thanks
Old 10-30-2003, 07:12 PM

Originally posted by Tatanko
On a white car, yes, they'd look good. I'm not too sure about Camaro's but I know with most cars it's usually 1 or 2 screws and out they pop (in the front)...rear corners are usually a little more complicated though.

But to answer your question...the fronts I bet would take less than 10 minutes.
Uhhh, not quite buddy. There is a little more than 2 screws, they don't "pop" out and it takes more than 10 mins, especially if its his first time. I have been under there more times than I can count and it takes me about 10-15 mins now.

Anyways, I think clear corners look good on any color car, thats just my personal preference though some people don't care for them at all. Anyways install is quite easy should take you about half hour or so for your first time. You have to go under the car and remove the panels from each side which are held in by like 8 10mm bolts. Once you remove the panel you can access the turn signal housing. Remove the 3 8mm bolts and pull the housing out and put the new clear housing in, reverse the process. I think I got the bolt sizes correct I just did this again a few weeks ago and I already forgot, lol. Anyways for the price I think it makes a huge difference in the way the front of the car looks. I love my clear corners. I actually had the regular clears for a while and just switched to the diamond clears. I got them on ebay for pretty cheap like 25-30 bucks something like that. Just buy them they are cheap and look sweet.

Last edited by bigdreamZ; 10-30-2003 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:22 PM

Sorry, I've never dealt with them on a Camaro before
Old 10-30-2003, 07:24 PM

I have diamond clear corners / hyperwhite bulbs/ DRL mod. I think it looks pretty sweet. I am working on a way to make my turn signals legal, by using the amber parking lights as a turn signal:

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...threadid=30252
Old 10-30-2003, 07:25 PM

I have clear corners on my car....I think with my white paint job the clears look awesome. I also bought the chrome bulbs that shine orange when they are on. I have had nothing but compliments from them
Old 10-30-2003, 07:29 PM

its preference.. like on mine, a silver SS, it looks a lot smoother I think than a huge ugly bright orange strip..

SILVER SS

now on a red or other dark car, you would notice a white stip more than the yellow, so its just what color you have and what you prefer.. I don't like the rainbow effect that the red and amber lights give to a car, they are there soley for legal purposes...

Last edited by sandmanusd; 10-30-2003 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:47 PM

Is there any particular brand I should look for / not look for? Thanks.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:01 PM

get the ones with the clear front, instead of the frosted. The ones that look like a window rather than the cloudy ones. They look much cleaner. After that you should try and turn off the daytime runners, then they will always be clear. I've got them on my ride if you want to look under my webshots. I just picked them up on ebay. One side went really quick but the other made me want to kill someone. Not all camaro's are the same, your blinkers could come out very easy or very hard.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:01 PM

I jsut read in another post that a guy bought clear corners and installed them and he didn not realize that he needed to buy 2 more amber bulbs because the front of this corners were amber, and the back half was red. This isn't my case is it? Or do I need 2 more amber bulbs?
Old 10-30-2003, 09:03 PM

I was looking at these ones on ebay. How can I disconnect daytime running lamps?

Quick Reply: Whats the point of clear corners?