Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Whats the point of clear corners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 12:29 AM

The ones I have are similar to those, not exactly the same though I don't think. Anyways those big bulbs they pictured will not work you will have to buy some different bulbs. Just FYI, 20 bucks is a good deal though.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:59 AM

It will take the average person who hasn't done this mod about 1 or 2 hours. It took me about 1 hour to complete mine.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:59 PM

I think they look awsome on any color car. I got mine from ebay and i have never had a problem with them. as for the amber bulbs, just get some hyper whites. I cant stand amber bulbs because you can see any f-body or corvette coming from a mile away. check out my pics in SIG.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:27 PM

just FYI, all clear corners are illegial.

the lights "must emit and reflect" teh appropriate color, red or amber, (back/front)

They look good on some colors. White and silver look good.

Me personally, i want a set of red camaro backs if anybody has a set for cheap (.. they fit the front of the firebirds )

Ryan <-- don't care if they are illegial.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:19 PM

Originally posted by My 97 Z28
How can I disconnect daytime running lamps?

Go Here:SS #670 Mods: Disable DRLs

As far as being legal - aren't there DOT approved clear corners?
Old 10-31-2003, 08:32 PM

i got mine off ebay from procarparts.com. They were only like 23 bucks i think and came with the bulbs too.
Old 11-01-2003, 12:52 AM

I've got clear corners on mine. For the first month, I did have the amber on there, but now I just use the clear bulbs on the turn and side marker lights. I like it better that way and "knock on wood" hadn't had any trouble with the cops. Now my friend w/ his clear did put red bulbs in his and was pulled over a few times...
Old 11-01-2003, 10:20 PM

I have clears on my car and it is white. They are clear and not frosted and look really good. The left side of mine was hard to put in but the right was really easy. Mine came with bulbs and I bought them off of ebay for 19.99 shipped, which is really cheap. Just look on their for a little bit and every once in a while someone will put a set on their really cheap. I would probably put orange bulbs in yours to match your stripes, which would look cool I think. If you have any questions just give me an email.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:59 PM

I have clear front and back marker lights (pics in sig) on a purple Peral Car. I could never go back to having the stockers again! i have hyper white bulbs in all the markers and i LOVE THEM! Front took me about 20 mins total to do both back took about 5 mins total
Old 11-02-2003, 11:02 PM

I've had my clear corners for over a year with clear bulbs and havent had any problems with cops.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:25 PM

they make the car look alot cleaner and i dont use amber bulbs jsut regular bulbs and it looks amazing and i've never had trouble with cops or nething . . . as for installation, there a pretty big pain in the ***. to get to the houseing you have to take off all the underbody panels in teh front, had to be at least 30 bolts and a pain on the back, its 3 bolts to take out the stock housing and for some reason its only 2 bolts on the clears to put in, they just dont use one hole. . . taking off underbody pieces was such a pain in the *** i didn't even bother putting them back on, they aren't seen, but i do believe they keep water out of the corners, i go through bulbs every week cuz of it . . . but i have a silver 97 camaro and they made my car look 10 times better from just that little piece. hope this helps
Old 11-02-2003, 11:31 PM

On the ls1 cars all you have to do is take the headlights out, you don't have to go underneath the car, much easier and way less bolts
Old 11-03-2003, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by slow
just FYI, all clear corners are illegial.

the lights "must emit and reflect" teh appropriate color, red or amber, (back/front)

They look good on some colors. White and silver look good.

Me personally, i want a set of red camaro backs if anybody has a set for cheap (.. they fit the front of the firebirds )

Ryan <-- don't care if they are illegial.
Untrue. Why, because they are car that come from the factory that have clear lenses for turn signals.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:07 PM

I've been wanting to do clear corners for the past year but just now bought them since the price fell dramatically on eBay. I bought the diamond clear ones for around $20.

I'll put them in day after Thanksgiving on my day off. I'll take some before and after pics. Oh yeah, and I'll be using the amber bulbs just in case.
Old 11-04-2003, 03:57 PM

Clear corners

On the clear corners, the forward lights can be white BUT the side lights MUST be yellow in order to stay legal...

Quick Reply: Whats the point of clear corners?