Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Where can I get my wheel lip polished after powdercoating???

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 03:05 PM

Where can I get my wheel lip polished after powdercoating???

I am having a set of C5 wheels powdercoated either black or gunmetal gray for my Z28. I want black with a polished lip, but wil settle for gunmetal if I can't find a place to get the lip polished. Where, who, how much $$, etc? TIA, Shawn
Old 03-08-2003, 01:15 PM

I NEED to know this as well!!
Plus im located in the same area as you.

I went today to drop off my 17in 10 Spoke SS rims and they told me that the way the rims are made and the way the spokes are flush with the outer edge, that theres a good chance that when the powdercoat them and take of the masking tape that it'll mess up b/c the theres no stop to each of the 10 spokes, thus making it impossible. It just goes smooth into the out part of the rim, and i didnt even think about that prior. So.....i'm gonna have to get the whole rim done in black and i was wondering if there was anything i could do or please i can take it do to get back some of the silver on the edge of the rim , either by polishing or whatever.
Old 03-08-2003, 02:05 PM

Where did you take yours to be powdercoated, and how much $$$ did they quote you? Thanks, Shawn
Old 03-09-2003, 10:10 AM

I had investigated putting 35th Anniv. SS black and silver 10-spokes on my car. I bought a pair of silver 10-spokes and talked to a freind of mine that owns a body shop. He said the spokes and lip would have to be polished first and taped off for painting. He was going to then clear coat the whole wheel when done. I decided agianst it and left them silver.