Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

whited out interior

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 07:53 AM

whited out interior

okay i want to white out my enterior and accent certain pieces with the red metallic color it is, i was wondering if i could just wrap my dash (tightly) with white leather and shrink it to the plastic or would that get messed up by the sun on hot summer days in direct sunlight?
Old 10-10-2005, 12:41 PM

Re: whited out interior

Might look better if you just painted and clearcoated everything.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:27 PM

Yes. They sell very find thin leather for this purpose. No need to shrink it. Just stretch it over the plastic peaces and glue to the back.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:19 PM

anyone know of any reputable dealers online, that sell this fine thin leather?
Old 10-11-2005, 12:45 PM

Well you can get all kinds of leather from places like this: http://tandyleather.com/

But until you've done this for a while, you might want to work with an upholstery shop. They can get you the correct weights and grades of leather, the right glues, and help with tips on doing it.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:04 PM

You might have problems with the pieces fitting back together after you wrap them. Fortunately our F-bodies have pretty poor fit in the interior panels, so it might actually stop some rattles and squeaks.

I wish I could stop my fuse panel by the driver's door from rattling and falling out...
Old 10-12-2005, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by CrabhartZ28
Might look better if you just painted and clearcoated everything.
Agreed

http://technologyorgasm.com/upload/interior2.jpg
Old 10-12-2005, 11:05 AM

hey hellbird ya know what Imma say. Paint it!!! it'll be easier and cleaner. Vinyl is not that hard to work with but in certain curves it can be a b$$$h. I'm almost there with my interior. Only thing that is'nt white in my 2000 camaro is the bottom console and rear side panels (doors are coming off today and gettin the glass treatment lol).

and now my new glass'd rear 5.6 monitor is gloss white too lol!!!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

PU12EN12G: Hey Paul howa been man!!!!! long time!! When you get a chance check out my latest threads and updates on the 2000 camaro page. I've been off the chain with customizing and glassing everything in site. I've already made a very good name for myself in Atlanta in the past year. All the shops from flea markets to Circuit city, Nopi, D&D, to Hi-Fi buys knows me, just because of the crazy glass work I've been pullin off lately. there is nothing I cant do to an interior or trunk or front end for that matter (glass'd Monte SS front clip!!!!). I really want your opinion on my work cause you (along with whisper, cassanova etc..) made me go for broke on mods and fabrication. Holla if ya hear me Paul. I got a thread in "Appearance" that I'm constantly updating.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by stangkilla1
hey hellbird ya know what Imma say. Paint it!!! it'll be easier and cleaner. Vinyl is not that hard to work with but in certain curves it can be a b$$$h. I'm almost there with my interior. Only thing that is'nt white in my 2000 camaro is the bottom console and rear side panels (doors are coming off today and gettin the glass treatment lol).

and now my new glass'd rear 5.6 monitor is gloss white too lol!!!

Holy crap! If that were my car I'm afraid the entire interior would look like your steering wheel cover.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:56 AM

As a "driver" I don't like shiny surfaces in the cockpit. So for paint it would have to be a semi-gloss. Leather does add a nice upscale look though.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:37 AM

Brent: Thanks alot man, your one of the CZ28.com Vets I wanted an opinion from also. I dont know whats pushing me to do all this stuff in the short amount of time I've been doin this, maybe a lil "Vendetta" I have agaianst some people that have been tellin me "I cant do it" or " They did'nt know I could accomplish show quality fabrication". Now I just sit back and laugh cause when they go buy somethin off the net or at a shop, they always come to me when those cheap flea market boxes start busting at the seams. Do you guys know how cheap those boxes are? They retail for around $40 for a 4-12" box and are so thin you can almost punch a hole in em with your hand lol!!! I sell mjy 3/4 MDF boxes at $150 with free color matched vinyl and am selling out!! But what really catches people is when they see my glass work. Brent you really need to see all my updates on my 2000 camaro page and in the message boards. People just simply cant believe that I did it until i start whipping out the install pics. I need to stop by your site and check out your new stuff I've been hearing about. BTW I saw a 2001 SS that made me love the Hockey stripes, it was all black with the full yellow stripes (to the back), a single yellow stripe down the center of the car and matching 19" yellow rims. Man that thing was serious!!!!

z28sorr: Yea I'm a driver too, a very serious street racer, but a shiny interior has never given me a problem, I just put on my shades and win!! your right though, leather does add a touch of class that the factory overlooked, thats why I have all that suede in mine.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:47 PM

Hey stangkilla, do you make housecalls? Just kidding.

Nice work though, very high quality looking. I really like the monitor for the people in the backseat. Did you fiberglass the floor in the front? That seems a bit excessive lol, but I guess your car would survive a little drive in and out of a lake .

Reminds me of the Camaro used on www.watercar.com
Old 10-14-2005, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Hey stangkilla, do you make housecalls? Just kidding.

Nice work though, very high quality looking. I really like the monitor for the people in the backseat. Did you fiberglass the floor in the front? That seems a bit excessive lol, but I guess your car would survive a little drive in and out of a lake .

Reminds me of the Camaro used on www.watercar.com
Actually i do make housecalls lol!!! but to Texas i dont know lol!!

I do make stuff for people over the net. PM me if ya need anything. The floors are actually "snow white" vinyl with clear plastic on top. i will be glassing the floor very soon cause it's getting cold and the colder it gets, the longer it takes glass to dry. I'm also glassing the floors in the Z (might as well considering 90% is fiberglassed already), but the floors in the 2000 are also getting suede inserts that will have an oval billet insert in the middle. I cant explain it but yall will love it.

I did the rear seat monitor in a day, so it's not that hard to do. You can view the TV from outside the car (for playin games later...Dub edition lol) and from the back seat it's perfect. I plan to add a suede armrest later on this week. If anybody needs one PM me. Ya know CZ28 brothers (and sisters) get a huge discount on glass items, so holla at cha boy. thanks for the comps btw it means alot.