Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member

Originally Posted by Ponykillr
can anyone post some pics of the Impala lights on the car?
I already did, look at Johnny 5's head, and there you ahve it.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:16 PM

Everyone has their own opinions. Some will like it some wont. I for one most definately will be interested in changing the crappy looking factory headlight! They are just way outdated! I would take Johnny 5's head in a second! Hey my Z is a 95, still is looking good! Its just when I look at the whole car its sweet, but then I look at those headlights and it just kills it. I love my car, but I wish it just had something with a nicer finish for the headlights. I hate the fact that you can see everything the holds the light together, the hole assemble. Heck I would even be happy if they came out with some sot of cover that hid all the hardware and just showed the lense...
Old 11-14-2006, 11:41 PM

Heck I would even be happy if they came out with some sot of cover that hid all the hardware and just showed the lense...
Now that's an interesting, and inexpensive idea!
Old 11-15-2006, 01:59 AM
Advanced Member

Then again I tossed those Tractor lamps years ago, and got the auto optiks kit. It replaces the complete bulb set, and looks original like, but the housing is cleaner looking, and you can use actual bulbs. It pulls it off for me. But it makes it looks the same only like 5% different. I also have clear housing covers, but they make the car look strange with them on. I should sell them. I'mm not a complainer about the head lamps, I however wish there was a ore modern dash cluster for the car though.

Last edited by Heatmaker; 11-15-2006 at 02:02 AM.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:16 AM

"Heatmaker" .. you certainly picked a fitting name for yourself........

"circular bulbs on an otherwise squared off car?" ... hummm ... BMW seens to
have been pulling it off for quite a few years now :

Even GM did this over and over and over :

Here is Focuztech's lights on the Impala :

Tom
Old 11-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

Instead of arguing with my why can't you accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you? BMW is the company that started the Halo light trend we're all aware of that. But hte problem where you failed is, all of those headlights are designed to fit the look of the car. Thier size, location, and even angle, are what makes it work for those cars. look how the BMW beams align with the air duct and fog light, they have design and symmetry, then look at the Impala beams... they are just there, out of no where, not connected to anything, which is why they look so akward they don't match the car. And t hose GM cars your talking about had Round bulbs, but with square housings. Those Square housings are what made it blen in with the sharpe cuts and angles of the car.

Last edited by Heatmaker; 11-15-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member

On another note, I met with Chip Foose Last night and we came up with the following rendering of 93-97 Headlamps.

That Circlular light is the Turn signal, and the blue are the Halo thingys.

Last edited by Heatmaker; 11-15-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:19 PM

dang chip must have had a bad seizure he seems to have lost his touch
Old 11-15-2006, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
On another note, I met with Chip Foose Last night and we came up with the following rendering of 93-97 Headlamps.

That Circlular light is the Turn signal, and the blue are the Halo thingys.
you sure are a whiny troublemaker on this topic, but your headlight design looks pretty good!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:05 PM

Heatmaker, you obviously came onto this thread to cause trouble, and start
an arguement. Your opinion, though you certainly have the right too, is not
exactly well thought out. Just look at the round headlights on the 09 Camaro
and see yet another square car with round headlights. Since you do not like
the topic of this thread, or the product that will come from it, I suggest that
you find another thread to make trouble in. Again, look at the topic heading,
it reads "who would be INTERESTED in a different headlight assembly for 93-97
Camaro's?" Notice it doesnt say, "those that love the stock headlights please
come into this thread and start trouble". Either give constructive input, or go
away. Thanks!

Tom
Old 11-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member

I am giving constructive critizm Tom, you justlike poking at a beehive by not respecting other people opinions. All I basicly said was square headlights look best on a car designed for square headlights. I never said round headlights couldn't be done on a square car, I said they don't look right on a car not designed for it. All the pictures you pulled up are cars that are designed to run that particular look, and it flows very well with those vehicles, but the aftermarket throw on conversions never look as good as what was designed for the cars. Those headlights don't do much for the impala, they don't complement the car at all (that's my opinion) you may say otherwise but the point is that's my opinion. If you want to see a car that has cirular lights designed tastefully into it look at the new Chargers Thier headlight desing stands out and complements the car. The angles they leveled the lights at etc only bring out the agles in the cars design. There's symmetry there, that's what I like to see when I look at car. I also see you've only been on this site for about a Month. I think you need to learn how Cz28 operates, before you go around criticizing other peoples opinions and tell them to leave posts, because they dissagree with you.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Admin Emeritus

sbca96 has a point, and from his post he does know how things on this site should operate.

Making MS Paint pictures and being on the edge of insulting is NOT "constructive criticism".

Whatever the case, the point has been made. Leave this thread to the people INTERESTED in it. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by dunkchamp55
dang chip must have had a bad seizure he seems to have lost his touch
LMAO!!!!
Old 11-16-2006, 02:08 PM

Thanks Mr. D for clearing things up.

I am more than confident that these will sell like hotcakes. I am also glad that my simple thread for this suggestion has taken enough interest here and has captured the eyes of the right people to get this done. Thanks to all here who have put their constructive critisizm in, and to those who photoshopped their ideas.

The ball is in FocuzTechs hands now. We will just have to wait and see what progress they come up with, and what the final product will be.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Banned

I'd like to see something witha more finished look than just putting the round projector lights in there. I don't really like it because you can see all the mess that the square lights would have covered up. Now there's a guy in the other headlight that that's kinda got it figured out with the ABS surrounding the round lights. I think another thing is that most people that do the projector lights get too small of a light and it just looks weird. The 90 mm (I think that's the size) are big enough to fill out the spot and look OK.

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?