Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 12:13 AM

Your losing me at the flushed and recessed part. Lamps like the Ferrari Superamerica, with the clear piece that goes flush with the front clip and hood, wrapping around over the little black painted piece. I really appreciate what FocuzTech is trying to do, great ideas from everyone and positive reinforcement and imput is what makes this hobby great. Either way, some people will love it and some people will hate it, its like art. People will like it, thats what will matter.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:56 AM

I like the recessed look. Flushed is too LS1'ish.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:53 AM

Another vote for a nice smoothe flush mounted headlight!!
Old 01-07-2007, 11:46 AM

i would like halos but i would also like to keep the recessed look
Old 01-07-2007, 12:42 PM

na has to be flushed, it will make the car look more agressive when its full

as well i just saw a set of lights today that would look amazing if they were done this way

check out the audi Q7.... they look sweet
Old 01-07-2007, 03:06 PM

another vote for flush. the hole idea was to get away from the sunked in lights. the camaro has a very aerodynamic, sleek, fast, sharp design. the head lights should match that. headlights sunk in dont. it was a great improvment for the new corvette also. it looks much more exotic now. just changing the headlight on the corvette made it look like its worth $10000 more over the old style when it was new. flush!!!!

Last edited by nick3; 01-07-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by nick3
another vote for flush. the hole idea was to get away from the sunked in lights. the camaro has a very aerodynamic, sleek, fast, sharp design. the head lights should match that. headlights sunk in dont. it was a great improvment for the new corvette also. it looks much more exotic now. just changing the headlight on the corvette made it look like its worth $10000 more over the old style when it was new. flush!!!!
I really couldn't agree more here. This whole idea is to give us a truely new and updated look for our 93-97 Camaro's. Pretty much all of the new cars on the market today, and most all of the cars we have posted up here that we want the headlamps to resemble, all are flush.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:49 PM

100% has to be flush, hence why back in the day headlight covers from GTO were such a huge seller, to give the car that nice flush, agressive look.... we MUST get away from the geo metro look
Old 01-07-2007, 05:02 PM

I don't want flush because flush ends up looking like crap. They either need to be recessed or just peeking out from under the hood in my opinion. I also like the look of a little bit of the bucket (see picture below of Fisker Tramonto with headlights turned on).

Flush might be ok if:
1) we don't see any wires or black plastic when looking at it from above
2) no chrome except where needed to refract/reflect the light beam properly
3) the lights can't be so flush that they are visible. I HATE most aftermarket headlights for this reason. I don't want to be able to see individual bulbs this clearly:

If they end up looking like any of the above, we'd be better off just installing clear plastic GTS covers.

4) They can't be so flush that the lamp housing ends up looking like bubbles. We want the lights to fill the void, but not stick out of the void. They can't look like any of these:

These are good/acceptable:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97...76716572QQrdZ1 these are good, but it needs to look less like we did it ourselves out of bulbs we could buy at autozone
just not yellow

Old 01-07-2007, 05:03 PM

More pics of good ones (couldn't post 12 pics in one message):

Everyone understand my point? Flush may not be a good idea at all. Look how awesome the Tramonto above looks.

Opinions?

Last edited by Brangeta; 01-07-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:27 PM

lets hope to god our headlights are not going to be anywhere near that expensive.........

for 1000 bucks id go with an 02 ss front conversion lol and get my self a carbon hood while im at it with some halo projectors......

few things i think is a MUST...

projectors for at least low beams.... like i said before, the ones from an Acura TL or TSX are the best on the market right now

leds for turn signals.... as im sure you all agree, changing bulbs if you dont need to is a waste of time... so might as well do it right from the get go

i would hope we get at least 3 lights in there...... give it a unique look

these are just the things i would want to see, as the space is huge.... so we want it to look full, and have taste
Old 01-07-2007, 05:43 PM

Thanks guys for the info.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:54 PM

I think I might understand the confusion over "flush" vs "recessed", correct me
if I am wrong .. what FocuzTech is asking is the lense cover itself, you want
it to be up flush with the opening, or set back a little like the LS1 cars. Those
are not truely "flush" with the nose, there is about a 1 inch setback. I think
that Brangeta is thinking you mean the lights themselves sticking out in what
is now the black "shelf" area. So to clarify, it looks like whats wanted is a lens
that is flush with the front fasia, but the lights inset deep into the bucket, and
no exposed edges on the light assemblies, with a black background.

Is that about right?

Tom
Old 01-07-2007, 06:22 PM

that sounds good. thats what i was tring to say. as long as the headlight unit dont pass the hood, you wont see it. and it would need the lens flush. brangeta, we have the same idea on what it should look like. i wouldnt want to see the unit itself either. when i say flush i mean the lense. those pics are exactly what i was thinking. not ls1 style. the new age exotic look like the pics brangeta put up. projectors right near the end of the hood, and a clear lense flush with the body.

Last edited by nick3; 01-07-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
just like this one

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?