Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 09:09 PM

As long as these things put out more light than stock...so that I can actually see the road, then put me down for a set.
I was looking at getting some HIDs, but they are 350 for a pair and are in the stock housing.
Keep me updated
Old 07-26-2007, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by CALL911
It's been in the works since I came up with the idea some 9 months ago.
Starting from just an idea I had, to real life headlamps takes time.
Do you own Focuztech? Do they take orders from you? Do you have creative control over this project? Are you funding it? Are you the one R&D'ing it? Did you provide the donor car to R&D it? Will you be the one responsible for getting the lights DOT certified? The tooling to mass produce them? The ad campaign to market them?

If none of the above, then surely you must be talking about the concept of different headlights then, right?

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/94z/piaa.htm
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196726

Be patient with me as we all wait for FocuzTech's product to be finished.
I think you meant to say?:

Be patient with Focuztech as we all wait for their product to be finished.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:12 AM

Wow... did some people wake up on the wrong side of the bed? What's the use in rushing these headlights?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by thesoundandthefury
Do you own Focuztech? Do they take orders from you? Do you have creative control over this project? Are you funding it? Are you the one R&D'ing it? Did you provide the donor car to R&D it? Will you be the one responsible for getting the lights DOT certified? The tooling to mass produce them? The ad campaign to market them?

If you read this thread from the beggining, you should understand my stand point with this project and FocuzTech. This started from an idea I had in the fall of last year. After enough people were interested and it became known to enough people, FocuzTech joined in this thread and got in contact with me. Since then FocuzTech has kept in contact with me on a fairly consistant basis via phone calls and emails. Sometimes I get updated info from them I can share with this thread.

That is about it though. This is totally FocuzTech's project though in the sense that they will be the only ones making it, profiting from it, and selling it. I would like to think since I feel like a liason for the headlights and the idea started from me that I do have something to do with them though.

As for me promoting it, and trying to calm people down that are getting anxious or tired of waiting. I believe I have the right as others on this thread do as well to re-iterate the facts FocuzTech has given us on their headlamps, as in their expected completion date, their basic design, their options ect.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:41 PM

Building a car from parts is a lot different than having to make a completely new complex part that requires molds, fitment issues, as well as insuring that the lighting performance is where it needs to be. This isn't like coming out with a new LCA or something overtly simple.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:39 PM

Well i have been reading up on this project for a while but only as a guest. I'm a registered member over on Camarov6 but i thought id come here looking for some exterior parts and what not. BUT from my personal experience with having a Celica and trying to produce Sport M Headlamps (Very very RARE jdm headlight assembly costing between 3 and 4 grand, sadly enough i was one of 4 in the us to have a pair and then the engine blew and the celica was sold lol) It took almost over a year. You can knock there guys as much as u want but i don't see you putting in an effort to help the project at all except whine and make fun about it. It takes time and fit ment and ESPICALLY if you buying in large loads for mass production the companies will short hand ya alot. So just be patient and if you have nothing nice to say about them then just keep it to your self. HELL it took almost 2 years from the Celica boards to make a nice CF original hood. The more you rush the crappier it comes out. Put in alot of time and it will be a work of art. But hey thats my .02 and i cant wait to see the final design!
Old 07-29-2007, 09:05 PM

heat, as much as you kinda are being an *** about this whole thing...the johnny 5 remark had me rolling.

I would imagine that there would be quiet a bit of testing for something like this as far as longevity of materials is concerened as well. but im not designing these things so im not an expert.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:11 PM

A simple update from Focuztech would suffice.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
This just in folks... I just got off the phone with FocuzTech. They have been able to revive Thomas Edison, Benjamin Franklin, and Johnny 5 to help them work on making these headlights for you all. They should be done in about 3-4 years from now.
...Are you actually going to buy these and have them shipped to Iran, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, or whereever you live anyway? lol
Old 07-29-2007, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
This just in folks... I just got off the phone with FocuzTech. They have been able to revive Thomas Edison, Benjamin Franklin, and Johnny 5 to help them work on making these headlights for you all. They should be done in about 3-4 years from now.
Refer as well to post #496.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:05 PM

TTT, still hoping to see what the status is
Old 08-12-2007, 05:43 PM

I'd be looking into purchasing a completed set when it's ready can't wait to see the finished product. Thank you!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:02 PM

im with heat maker. but why when i asked where focuztech was a frickin admin came in here and spanked me for it?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:13 AM

i waited sooo long, i had to sell my baby. those lights would have been sexy...hope it goes through for the rest of you
Old 08-14-2007, 02:54 PM

As FocusTech has said before, these will take a while. Complaining about the wait wont make them come out any faster.

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?