Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 08:49 PM

It will be very interesting to see what these turn out like...if they ever come out.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:11 PM

pics, renderings? anything right now would help us believe these are ever going to be done
Old 10-27-2007, 01:48 AM

Lets keep the comments positive here. FocuzTech is busy with these. The have came through and updated us on the project. I'm sure they will post design pics, and more info when it becomes available.

Last edited by CALL911; 10-27-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:24 AM

dont get on my case i am not being rude like i am sure alot of ppl want to be i am asking for something to keep this positive for all of us
Old 10-27-2007, 02:33 PM

I don't mean to to get on your case, so I am sorry if it came accross that way. I just would rather discuss positive ideas, and thoughts on the project, rather than hearing people voice that they have no confidence in FocuzTech, or they believe these will never actually hit the market.

I am very anxious to see these eventually on my car, as well as other peoples. I really think these will really make the one ugly spot on our cars (the headlamps) look awesome! Not to mention, I have seen what Hella lights do on the road and it is amazing as far as quality and brightness of light.

Last edited by CALL911; 10-27-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:34 PM

oh i agree... but i bet 99% of the ppl in this thread would have liked to have these on the car before xmas

Last edited by camarolt4ss; 10-27-2007 at 03:39 PM. Reason: cause i cant bloody type lol
Old 10-27-2007, 03:58 PM

I would venture to say 100% of the people interested wanted them on before Christmas. But that is not up to us, and I would rather have them done right than done quickly.

If I had to pick a season to get them, it would be in the spring/summer anyways so I could get a full year of enjoying them rather than fall/winter when my car would be put away in winter storage.

Looking at all the info on the headlamps FocuzTech did for the LT1 Impalla SS's, they took a bit of time to do as well, but the outcome of the headlamps was stunning! And the quality was more than top notch. Having seen some other lighting products from other companies like the ones on ebay, I have also seen quickly made products that are cheeply built, and leak and or have condensation in not long down the road. My Altezza tailights are one example of a company who may not even be small, who made the tailamps cheep. After getting sick and tired of seeing condensation in them, I eventually had them sealed (and tinted for looks).

As hard as it is to wait for something I am totally pumped about, I am also content, because I know the waiting is just to make them at such a high standard of quality.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:03 PM

any idea on price? been following this for awhile and dont remember a price estimate being listed but after looking at the impala ss lights going for 700, i imagine the camaro lights will be around that or more.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:17 AM

They are not even fully finished with the design yet, so I doubt we see any prices until a bit further down the road when they are nearing completion.

They did say that these would have several options available though, (angel eyes, HID's, different colored bodies, ect.), so I am sure the price will vary depending on what your order will be.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:12 AM

ok this i need an answer to, what i want to know is..... will the headlights be the same base for the hid's as for the reg halogen bulbs, or is there going to be a diff base used all together.....

basically what im saying is if the price they ask with hid's is to expensive for some, can we get the non hid units and upgrade later??

as we all know, hid's work better in a projector style headlight, and from what i recall these were going to feature a projector low beam, and a reg style high beam....

may i suggest, h4 highbeam... so that way when the ones of us who want to do hid's later down the road, we can switch to a bi xenon h4 bulb and still retain the hid for the high beam as well as the halogen for distance.....
Old 10-28-2007, 12:08 PM

Lightbulb

thats a very good question, IMHO as long as it has a projector lense in it you can add HID's at anytime without any problems. i think a Bi xenon bulb would be a good option for the high beams but i doubt most people would want it. if they do a good job with alignment on the low beams then you will probably hardly or never use your high beams anyway. i put a sealed beam HID kit to replace my low beams on my 95 Z and the light output change using the crappy reflective lenses was so improved that i never use my highbeams anymore. i did spent quite a bit of time playing with the alignment but ive never gotten any complaints. hell, some people ask me if they were factory lol. i cant imagine what properly done projectors will do to improve it though.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:11 PM

im still saying at least make the bulb an h4 for the high beams, as i know there are ALOT of areas i drive where there are NO lights at all and high beams are very important, so high beam for sure needs to be h4 imho, as i know i will run with hid's and i want to have that option for bi xenon if i want it, and not have to retro fit something on a 700+ dollar set of headlights

besdies if ppl want hid's or not, the cheapest bulb is by far the h4, and there are tons and tons of aftermarket bulbs for the ones who dont go hid

also post a pic of your car, and your set up id love to see it
Old 10-28-2007, 03:15 PM

FocuzTech has stated that the HID's will be an option, and I'm sure with the other options the options will cost extra on top of the base model (that will not be HID). Past that, I think a lot of the details aren't figured out yet, as they are still not finished. Thats why FocuzTech will have many options to choose from, that way there will be options for those that want the basic models, all the way up to the fully loaded models with the HID's and angel eyes like I will order.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:31 PM

i dont think there should really be lots of options, being that the cars last year was 97 and this is a ten year late headlight, i think there should be 2 options.... with or with out hid's..... everything else i think should come with it.......

the more we talyor included options to the owners of the 93-97 owners.... the more they will sell....

hid and non hid.... that should be the only options, everything else, should and i would hope to see included
Old 10-28-2007, 04:45 PM

i think camarolt4ss defintely is hitting the nail on the head with as many included options as possible. it will be up to focuztech to see what it costs, what they include, and whats an upgrade but come on, who is going to pay damn near 2 grand for headlights.i mean hell, we bought a lt1 cause we were to cheap to get an LS1 *long live the opti* lol just look at the impala ss lights and add a few options on them, the price easily doubles. i think its good to have this forum because it gives feedback for focuztech to take into consideration when doing pricing, design and options. i also agree that its better to pay more for a quality part but on a 10 year old car, its hard enough to get 2 grand out of people for a rear end let alone headlights. if they are DOT approved i could start to see the price, but i kinda think they will sell only a few and die off or they will be ripped off and chinese knockoffs sold for 1/10 the price.
ill get some pics of my car this week to give yall an idea of what the sealed beam conversion looks like if your interested

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?