Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 12:04 AM

Re: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Originally Posted by CALL911
For those who are interested in just upgrading the headlights, you can do what Rebelphotog96 did. Or there is a huge good thread here; http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...ppy+headlights that has great details and info on some Hella 90mm beams.

What I am looking for here though is to create a whole new headlamp assembly, not just replace the bulbs with something different and put a cover over them.

I know what you are looking for...I worked on trying to develop a new assembly with LOTS of trial and error for over a year until I bought my 99. I was just showing those pictures so people would have somewhat of an idea what an assembly would look like if it were flush mount and fitted to the stock location. I did the conversion as a temporary thing and ended up buying another car and now that one just sits in the garage, undriven for 3 months. As bad as I hate to, I'm selling it so I'm no longer working on any of the lights I was trying to develop.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:10 AM
Banned

Re: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Originally Posted by Brangeta
For years I thought about covering my entire car in an inch thick of rubber just to protect it from door dings
I've thought about buying somebody's old Camaro with mismatched panels and what not for a car that I could cruise around in without worrying about gas and ripping off my ground effects and then getting it covered with Rhino Liner.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:31 AM

We need some more concepts so we can come up with at least a couple designs to decide from. The next step after that will be taking them to who can make the concepts into reality.

Does anyone else have photoshop here that can do some more concepts?
Old 10-17-2006, 02:23 PM

I'm too busy at the moment to do anymore. I'm a senior in college, working 2 jobs, so not much free time.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Bah! I can do better photoshopping than that! (Thanks for the effort though)

I'm tired of waiting, so here's my attempt

(BTW that 2007 Z06 looks like crap in that orange color...YUCK . I can't believe they changed from that other orange (that was at least decent looking) to that pale orange.)

Looks badass to me, I want them.
I love the look of these lights. They also have the appearance of being realitively easy to install.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:24 PM

Yes I would love a nice new headlight set-up! Those stock headlight are just crap!
Old 10-17-2006, 06:59 PM

Question Re: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

How about the GTO??? It doesnt wrap around the corner either.

http://mk23.image.pbase.com/v3/60/64...7.GTO2004b.jpg
Old 10-17-2006, 07:39 PM

GTO style headlights might be a great idea! I love GTO's headlights.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:16 PM

I had originally thought about GTO headlights as well. The problem is that you will need to either modify the GTO lights to fit our car, or modify our car to fit the GTO lights.

It would be worth it to find out how much modification it would take. Does anyone know?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:06 AM

Here is another photoshop with current PIAA headlight mods. I would think it would look better with larger lighs. This would eliminate the golf ball look of these lights.

I can not draw the moldings inside on photoshop < hasnt the skills. I could by hand though as I am good with art. I would need all the correct mesurments of the headlight area in a tchnical like drawing to get this going. However I have never been involved in any product development. I think we are going to need someone who has design experience to get this to happen.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:58 PM

Anybody friends with Kris Horton...?

I'm a graphic designer, so I can do the photoshopping stuff (weekends only however), but I can't do 3D design. My '95 has been at a bodyshop for 5 weeks getting wreck damage repaired and I have no access to it, so I can't measure the headlight buckets either.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:23 PM

The GTO headlights wouldnt be practical. Should look for models that are big
sellers and preferably inexpensive domestics. Something you can find used for
chump change. GTO headlights have to come from Australia, good luck doing
that inexpensively. I bet its cheaper to convert to the 98-02 front end, then
pay the shipping for a slow boat from Oz. I considered this for a while, but I
now faced with replacing body panels anyway - 98-02 I go!

Good luck with this project, I would be interested to see how it comes out. I
know that a guy on the Impala SS site just made new lights for the Impalas.
He might be the one to approach to make some Camaro lights.

http://www.focuztech.com/xcart/home.php

http://www.focuztech.com/xcart/produ...1&cat=0&page=1

Tom
Old 10-18-2006, 08:40 PM

Thanks Tom-

We would be interested in taking a look at this. We need to inspect the stock headlamp first and get some input to develop a requirements list and then see about demand. I will see about a used stock lamp.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:14 AM

FocuzTech, we are looking for a whole new designed headlamp to fit into the entire "racoon eye" of the 93-97 Camaro's. I beleive I can say that most everyone is looking for an all new look here similar to these setups;

http://www.maxi-tuning.ru/post/10052/car_001_2.jpg
http://www.allfastcars.com/koenigseggccrfront.shtml
http://www.cartype.com/images/page/a..._headlight.jpg
http://www.cartype.com/images/page/d...e_top(out).jpg

Basically using some Hella 90mm or similar lighting would also be a must here. Is this something you can do? I am quite certain no one has done this, and if you were to devolop these you would find yourself making a very large profit here. Just make sure before you run out of them you get me one first .

Last edited by CALL911; 10-19-2006 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:39 PM

FocuzTech,

Wow .. thats what I call service! How did you find out about this thread? I
have a friend who bought your Impala SS headlights, and they look NICE. I
would bet that a flush mounted lense, with dual headlights & your "devileye"
could be a big hit. They would need to mount to the headlight bracket behind
the rubber nose. I would bet that people wouldnt want to drill into the nose
to make attachment points, so possibly a rigid rear mount, and a gasket to
fill the gap for fitment issues. I would tend to bet that each nose will be a bit
different car to car, so some flexible gasket might be required. I think that a
dark background is a given here too.

Tom

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?