Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 04:55 PM

ya id love to see it, and hey now.... not to cheap to get an ls1... i have had my camaro since it was built april 06/97.... right when it came off the production lot hahahah so i quite enjoy my SS, altho i flipping hate the opti ****!!!

so bring on the pics, and as for the lights, DOT or not... 700 bucks is more then enough as is.... and as i said before, 10 year plus old car.... not many ppl want to drop 1000 on parts, hell let alone maintaining the cars for 1000 here or there.... 700 i think is toping the scale of where the market will permit these to be.....
Old 10-28-2007, 05:15 PM

haha but LS1= touched by hand of god. i got my lt1 2 years ago cause i cant stand the look of the fishmouth ls1 camaros and couldnt find a reasonable priced ls1 trans am but cant complain one bit about the car. i have been through this before with my 99 subaru legacy, a lack of aftermarket stuff so it has to be custom fabbed at top dollar prices for questionable work, so i said **** it and im getting a wrx engine (cant beat OEM) swapped in after getting sick of dealing with my ****ty turbo kit that burned my wire harness from sitting to close to it but back to lt1 lights.
i think 700 really is the tops, i mean look at what happened to Rytek, they were like 550 or so if i remember correctly and were dropped due lack of interest for being so damn expensive. though i think we need to let up a bit on focuztech until they offically release anything before we tar and feather them.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:18 PM

hhaha ya i agree lets hold off till then
Old 10-29-2007, 06:07 AM

FocuzTech has already said the headlamps will have multiple options such as Angel Eyes, Halo, HIDs, different colored body of the lens, ect. to choose from. I am glad there will be options personally, as I will enjoy not only picking out the specific ones I want for my car, but it will make mine them more unique, so you won't see the same exact ones on every Camaro with them on. Back when FocuzTech brought this up, most everyone was excited about it, since most of us couldn't agree entirely on how we wanted the headlamps to turn out. There were some that wanted the Halo's (like myself), and others that didn't, some that wanted the body color clear, some who wanted them colored, some who wanted carbon fiber. Options are good IMO. The Impalla SS headlamps I believe had similar amount of options for theirs.

We'll have to wait to see what the end price is on them. Personally I have dumped tens of thousands of dollars in my 12 year old LT1, and when it comes to fixing the one appearance thing left on the car that I deam ugly (the stock headlamps), price will not make that much of a difference to me. I'm sure for some that are hoping to get these for $50 will be upset, as I can't see them being that cheep, as the parts invested alone are top quality parts such as Hella. But when you look at the vast amount of people that own these cars (tens of thousands of people), vs other cars where just not that many where made, let alone the percentage of owners who want to modify them. Even if the end price scares away some, the market is large enough that FocuzTech will be successfull with these even if some deem them as "too expensive". It doesn't really matter at this point though. We don't know what the final price will be (nor does FocuzTech, as they are still in the production phase), so its all speculation at this point. When they do come out though, I will be more excited at the product, more than I am going to worry about how much they cost.

Last edited by CALL911; 10-29-2007 at 06:22 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by CALL911
But when you look at the vast amount of people that own these cars (tens of thousands of people), vs other cars where just not that many where made, let alone the percentage of owners who want to modify them. Even if the end price scares away some, the market is large enough that FocuzTech will be successfull with these even if some deem them as "too expensive".
To support your claim. How many of you have actually SEEN a '90s Impala lately? I haven't seen one in over 6 months as far as I know, and Focuztech carries nearly exclusively Impala stuff.

I'm pretty sure there is a market for these headlamps, whether CamaroZ28.com forum members are buyers or not.

$700 is a bit excessive though. They'd have to look PERFECT to get that amount.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:29 AM

ya and thats saying 700 and perfect in the same mouthfull..... so with hid's and all the options at 700.....
Old 10-29-2007, 09:45 AM

also they are talking about not having a signal in the lights now.....

i like the look of these... have some marker style lights in LED in them etc.....

its funny how there is thousands of cars out there and almost a headlight for all of them, but ours....
Old 10-29-2007, 11:07 AM

Those are sweet
Old 10-29-2007, 11:16 AM

so there u go Focus..... thats what we want our lights to look like, mock that, copy it do w.e..... make it so we have led's a place for turn signals, and halo's with CCT not led angel eyes.....

projector low beam, reflective high beam....

those right there are a perfect idea for you guys to work off... i think at least
Old 10-29-2007, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by camarolt4ss
so there u go Focus..... thats what we want our lights to look like, mock that, copy it do w.e..... make it so we have led's a place for turn signals, and halo's with CCT not led angel eyes.....

projector low beam, reflective high beam....

those right there are a perfect idea for you guys to work off... i think at least
The turn signal idea would not work. Go look at your front end. The front bumper would cover anything to the side. You would have to have the headlights bulge out in order to have a side marker. That's why we have a separate lamp. I'm happy I have those anyway. Gave a great spot for the DRL, which look badass.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:13 PM

ya thats true... i didnt think to mention that... but ya i agree

this is what i just got from the shop

John-

That’s officially undecided at the moment but most of those were laid out on the Camaro forums.

They will have halogen and optional HID projectors from Hella. Different color backgrounds are in the works along with our own Devil EyeSS angel eye system. That’s about all I can offer at this point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 10:00 AM
To: Customer Service-FocuzTech
Subject: Re: FocuzTech Performance: User filled in Contact Us form!

how about a lil more detail?? i know they are not out yet..... but how about some details, whats going to be included, options, etc.....

----- Original Message -----

To: 2k3gixxer1000@gmail.com

Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 12:58 PM

Subject: RE: FocuzTech Performance: User filled in Contact Us form!

Hi John-

They are not available as of yet. I make it a point of keep the ETA open as things changes. Stay tuned we are working on them.

Thanks for your interest.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:03 PM

John-

I am not able to give an estimate of delivery at this time since we are so earlier into the project. I would like to have production going by June 08. Pricing is too tough to say given the changes in oil prices and fluctuations in the exchange rates between the US and germany. I hope they are under the $700 mark.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:07 PM

Uh oh. Get ready for everyone to start griping!
Old 10-29-2007, 01:13 PM

They'll be ready when they're ready. I'll still have my car then, so I'd rather have a PERMANENT upgrade, not something that wont last or be outdated in a couple years.

Last edited by snorkelface; 11-02-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:36 PM

Wow, this thread is over a year old. There has been talk for forever (well before this thread) about a new headlight assembly for LT1 cars. Is it really going to happen this time? I didn't read all 40 pages, obviously.

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?