Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by subarubill96
and now posts are disappearing...
No, they got moved to their own thread:
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=553186
Old 11-06-2007, 06:23 PM

well.... i guess i got lol thanks for posting the link too
Old 11-24-2007, 12:49 PM

ok so has anyone else had any thoughts on this or who can maybe make something?? i remember posting about how its taken this long to make, and every other new car has em.... well it only took 3 months after my 07 avalanche was released, for there to be new headlights available...... so anyone got the time to start on something or is it just being left for them?
Old 11-24-2007, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by camarolt4ss
ok so has anyone else had any thoughts on this or who can maybe make something?? i remember posting about how its taken this long to make, and every other new car has em.... well it only took 3 months after my 07 avalanche was released, for there to be new headlights available...... so anyone got the time to start on something or is it just being left for them?
The Avalanche was/is a higher volume vehicle that was/is currently in production. These guys are making a product for a 10yr old car that will not have a lot of demand. Also, it looks as they are making these as permanent replacements. Not crappy-built units that'll last a year of two.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:27 PM

crappy-built? the ones they made for my 04 avy was fine till i traded it in with no problems, including the nasty winters i drive my trucks in, with salt and all that other garbage they put on my roads......

so crappy?? no

and modern vehicle ya.... but the point is i think they ones for our camaro's will be in high demand, what was there 200+ ppl on this forum alone who wanted some, and im sure when the word spreads ALOT of ppl will want them.... i just dont know why this seems like its so far on the back burner..... put w.e else is going on, a lil further back or equal them up, and make all the money these things promise to give
Old 11-24-2007, 06:35 PM

Hella FF75+OEM HONDA HIDs > FocusTech's junk
Old 12-07-2007, 04:11 PM

just something from the 98+ camaro's but this would look amazing in our cars.... and im sure it can be done...
Old 12-07-2007, 04:21 PM

or these
Old 12-07-2007, 05:24 PM

crappy-built? the ones they made for my 04 avy was fine till i traded it in with no problems, including the nasty winters i drive my trucks in, with salt and all that other garbage they put on my roads......

so crappy?? no

and modern vehicle ya.... but the point is i think they ones for our camaro's will be in high demand, what was there 200+ ppl on this forum alone who wanted some, and im sure when the word spreads ALOT of ppl will want them.... i just dont know why this seems like its so far on the back burner..... put w.e else is going on, a lil further back or equal them up, and make all the money these things promise to give
I didn't see this response. The Avalanche lights were direct replacements though. These LT1 models are a completely new mold, and I'm sure you can see by the shape that it could be a little difficult.

I like those lights above though.

Last edited by snorkelface; 12-07-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:36 PM

I don't follow this thread closely, I check in once in a while.
They are going to want $700 for a headlight kit?
I did my Hellas for a little over $200.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:38 PM

post up pics of your hella set up, so we can all see, i know you showed me back when.... but so there is another option for ppl
Old 12-07-2007, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bud M
I don't follow this thread closely, I check in once in a while.
They are going to want $700 for a headlight kit?
I did my Hellas for a little over $200.
That's cool that you have a setup that you like, but I'd gladly spend the extra money on the project they are working on. I'm sure you'd realize that a custom-molded replacement would cost a bit more to produce than a generic setup.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:34 AM

the ideas behind getting a fully flush setup for a headlight has us all wanting it, but the time restraints for some, or the lack of patience, or w.e it may be.... will hold alot of ppl back, and well the almost 1000 dollar price tag that will come with them, again if it is 250 bucks like the higher end ones on ebay for the 98+ camaro's then im sure they will sell hundreds of them, with say the complete hid upper range ones in the 400's again im sure lots will sell, but if a base model will run about 700.... im sure alot of ppl dont want to spend that, when a nice 12 bolt or moser or 9" will only cost a few hundred more....
Old 12-08-2007, 08:41 AM

post up pics of your hella set up, so we can all see, i know you showed me back when.... but so there is another option for ppl
If you check out the thread several pages back, I sent a link to this thread of how to do this, and there are numerous pics on peoples cars. No doubt it would be cheeper as all it is are the two new lights, not a new designed headlamp with everything incorporated.

Originally Posted by snorkelface
I didn't see this response. The Avalanche lights were direct replacements though. These LT1 models are a completely new mold, and I'm sure you can see by the shape that it could be a little difficult.

You hit the nail on the head. When the original headlamp to the 98-02 Camaro's is already the same as the aftermarket ones as far as the molding of it goes, I'm sure many companies can pump out different ones for only a few hundred bucks. After all, there isn't as much to be done since they are all all enclosed and the same shape as the factory ones. Nothing like the radical change we are talking about for the 93-97 Camaro's.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Banned

Guys, take a hint and give up

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?