Appearance Hoods, spoilers, custom mods, accessories, etc.

Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 02:13 PM

Re: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Hmm... I hate the idea of covering the little black triangle on our cars.

I would suppose that if I were to buy the headlights, I would prefer the triangles be cut and have the headlight fill the void.

I tried for hours to find pics of the Ferrari headlights at the proper angle to fit my picture of my car, but had no luck. That and the fact the Ferrari lights are very long and narrow and our buckets are short and wide (which made photoshopping hell).

I'll try the Viper headlights tonight.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:32 PM

Re: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?

Originally Posted by Ponykillr
Of course there would be the weatherstripping material running along the outside of the entire headlight assembly preventing any undue stress or fitment issues.

Also the shape itself is strong hence why the GTS covers are manufactured with no support structure. I have never seen a cover break....except the time I hit a car head on.
Ehh..oh well, I give up because I'm obviously still not explaining this correctly. Nothing you said makes a difference with what I'm referring to. If I figure out a better example, I'll post it.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:16 PM

Alright guys, I finished photoshopping. I did some Viper style ones on the passenger side (they were a pain in the butt to get to fit decent) and some Koenigsegg CCR style ones on the driver side. I am surprised, but I like the Koenig ones a lot. They don't need to be such fancy and expensive bulbs/whatever, but the layout is very good.

I liked them so much, that I made an angled pic as well. They look like winners. What do you guys think?

Is this about what everybody wants?

Oh, and one other thing. With the Koenig design, there's no reason whatsoever to cut the corners off.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:27 PM

The viper lights look too much like LS1 front end IMO for it to be worth the trouble...for that, might as well do the swap and I know alot of people don't like the LS1 front end. The Koenig design is nice...I Like it. Should be pretty simiple to make too now that I look at it. IMO, those are the winner for that style of a light. I like a more simple design too, but those are nice.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:15 PM

Brangeta, thanks for sending me the pics. I like the Koenig ones the best. In fact that is the look I was pretty much thinking about as well. The only reccomendation is possibly having the center most lights a little more forward, and having the outside lights a little more back. The offset I think would help improve the look. Thanks so much for posting these. I think we are really getting close here to a great design we can all agree on.

Any word from the good people at Focuz Tech? Brangeta, any luck with your people either?
Old 10-20-2006, 10:48 PM

Good thing i finally decided to check out this thread, definately interested if these new designs go through
Old 10-20-2006, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by CALL911
FocuzTech, we are looking for a whole new designed headlamp to fit into the entire "racoon eye" of the 93-97 Camaro's. I beleive I can say that most everyone is looking for an all new look here similar to these setups;

http://www.maxi-tuning.ru/post/10052/car_001_2.jpg
http://www.allfastcars.com/koenigseggccrfront.shtml
http://www.cartype.com/images/page/a..._headlight.jpg
http://www.cartype.com/images/page/d...e_top(out).jpg

Basically using some Hella 90mm or similar lighting would also be a must here. Is this something you can do? I am quite certain no one has done this, and if you were to devolop these you would find yourself making a very large profit here. Just make sure before you run out of them you get me one first .

We can do that easily. I am already looking for a stock headlamp for measurements. I may need a local in Seattle to provide their car just for some visuals.

Out of curiosity, why are you "CALL 911"?

Last edited by FocuzTech; 10-20-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by sbca96
FocuzTech,

Wow .. thats what I call service! How did you find out about this thread? I
have a friend who bought your Impala SS headlights, and they look NICE. I
would bet that a flush mounted lense, with dual headlights & your "devileye"
could be a big hit. They would need to mount to the headlight bracket behind
the rubber nose. I would bet that people wouldnt want to drill into the nose
to make attachment points, so possibly a rigid rear mount, and a gasket to
fill the gap for fitment issues. I would tend to bet that each nose will be a bit
different car to car, so some flexible gasket might be required. I think that a
dark background is a given here too.

Tom
Tom, we keep a close eye where our name appears on the net. We will need to look at a car and the stock headlamp...then make some design considerations.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by FocuzTech
We can do that easily. I am already looking for a stock headlamp for measurements. I may need a local in Seattle to provide their car just for some visuals.

Out of curiosity, why are you "CALL 911"?
Hey, I would give you my car, but I'm in NJ. Lets go somebody on here has to help out! This would be awesome!!! It would be the best thing that can be done to these cars because the stock headlights are horrible!!
Old 10-21-2006, 10:44 AM

Koenigsegg style Hands down. Good work Brangeta. The shape under the lights is perfect and you will not have to cut the black corners out. Not haven't to do major cutting will greatly improve the products buying demographic. I say go for that design and lets see where it takes us.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the board, FocuzTech!

The guys here have come up with some pretty good ideas that hopefull you'll find worthwhile to go forward with.

Just as a heads-up or reminder before any issues come up, I just need to mention that in order to use this board to promote a product or gather a customer list you have to be a supporting vendor. You can get ideas about an item to produce but can't post something like "If 20 people want this we'll build em" or post your product here for sale... unless you are a supporting vendor. We've had problems in the past where non supporting vendors end up selling their product using the board and then the supporting vendors say "Why am I paying for advertising if anybody can come here and sell their product???" Since the board uses money from the supporting vendors to keep it up and running, it is important to not make those who do pay not want to continue paying if you know what I mean So, please feel free to continue asking for ideas but if you do actually make something and then want to promote it to the members here, first get in contact with Chris ( chris@camaroz28.com ) or Jason ( jason@camaroz28.com ) and work out the details with one of them. Thanks much and good luck with the project!!!
Old 10-21-2006, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Brent94Z
Welcome to the board, FocuzTech!

The guys here have come up with some pretty good ideas that hopefull you'll find worthwhile to go forward with.

Just as a heads-up or reminder before any issues come up, I just need to mention that in order to use this board to promote a product or gather a customer list you have to be a supporting vendor. You can get ideas about an item to produce but can't post something like "If 20 people want this we'll build em" or post your product here for sale... unless you are a supporting vendor. We've had problems in the past where non supporting vendors end up selling their product using the board and then the supporting vendors say "Why am I paying for advertising if anybody can come here and sell their product???" Since the board uses money from the supporting vendors to keep it up and running, it is important to not make those who do pay not want to continue paying if you know what I mean So, please feel free to continue asking for ideas but if you do actually make something and then want to promote it to the members here, first get in contact with Chris ( chris@camaroz28.com ) or Jason ( jason@camaroz28.com ) and work out the details with one of them. Thanks much and good luck with the project!!!
Thanks...I am quite familiar with most advertising policies on forums and glad you took a proactive approach as we will want to become a supporting vendor ( I was already conteompating it). We have more than lamps to offer so it makes sense.

Thanks again-

Mike-
Old 10-21-2006, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by CALL911
Brangeta, thanks for sending me the pics. I like the Koenig ones the best. In fact that is the look I was pretty much thinking about as well. The only reccomendation is possibly having the center most lights a little more forward, and having the outside lights a little more back. The offset I think would help improve the look. Thanks so much for posting these. I think we are really getting close here to a great design we can all agree on.

Any word from the good people at Focuz Tech? Brangeta, any luck with your people either?
I'll work on the adjustments you mentioned when I get home from running some errands today.

I haven't talked to Callaway yet about them. I'm not on a very personal buddy-buddy relationship with Reeves or his company yet, but I have talked to them about things before. I figure once we come up with a final design, I can mention it to them.

Focuztech will probably come through for us though, so maybe I should just give Callaway a heads up on being a possible distributor of them?

If no one else can provide drawings, and Focustech needs them. I can do them. The only problem is, I would need the measurements of the headlight buckets as well as the stock mounting bracket. To cut costs, I am pretty sure we can all agree that if possible, we'd like to use the stock headlight mounting bracket.

Can anyone give me some measurements?
Old 10-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by FocuzTech
Thanks...I am quite familiar with most advertising policies on forums and glad you took a proactive approach as we will want to become a supporting vendor ( I was already conteompating it). We have more than lamps to offer so it makes sense.

Thanks again-

Mike-
Excellent! And thanks much for understanding! This is always touchy ground for moderators because we don't like to squash initiative (and I personally love seeing the developement of new products!) and want to give the members what they want but at the same time can't upset the people who pay for the site to continue to be up and running for all to enjoy. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2006, 09:16 PM

I just finished the photoshop files. Hopefully everybody will like them, I made the minor adjustments Call911 mentioned. (I will post them in about an hour; I first want to get feedback on what I am typing below...)

I just noticed... if we trade out our old headlamps, we need to trade out the old fog lights too. I've never had to replace one before, but if they are truly as expensive as someone said, then we should to go ahead and have focuztech create foglights for us that match the headlights if they can/will.

Some of you might not mind just removing the fogs alltogether, but I figure, if I have a switch for them in the car, I'm going to have them whether I use them or not.

How should the fogs look? I don't want them to be little circles like the headlights I don't thinka. I don't want my car to look like a spider with a bunch of little round eyes all over the front.

Maybe the foglights should fill the entire space of the the area they are in? The problem is... that foglight space is gigantic. If I put in gigantic fogs that fill the entire void, it looks goofy.

I need ideas, and pictures of ideas.

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a different headlight assembly for 93-97 Camaro's?