Autocross and Road Racing Technique There is more to life than a straight line

Results from Suspension Mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 06:20 AM

Results from Suspension Mod

At last I have had the suspension job done. That inlcudes Eibach Pro Kit springs, Bilstein HD's (Strano style) and BMR STB, SFC's, LCA's and brackets, sway bars and APHR.

WOW - the Z is fantastic. Now she launches really well, no hesitation like before when the stock components were twisting. Gone has the body roll in corners and more importantly gone has that bobbing and boucing thansk to the shocks.

I am VERY happy with the mods and the components.

Thanks to BMR, Mike at Stealth Performance and Sam Strano for assitance.

The car also looks awesome
Before:
http://fbodyeurope.org/gallery/79_ba...the%20drop.jpg

After:
http://fbodyeurope.org/gallery/79_go...ont%20shot.jpg
http://fbodyeurope.org/gallery/79_after_drop.jpg

What do you guys think?

Any suggestions for the next mod to finish the suspension/chassis, e.g. torque arm, tunnel brace, front a arms, buchings?????

Last edited by jagsy; 10-11-2002 at 06:25 AM.
Old 10-17-2002, 04:13 PM

Get rid of those reflectors above the Z28 emblems! Please! And the bumper??? To each his own. But, the drop looks good and I'm glad you like how it drives. Turns out you can make these things handle. Later,

Brian
Old 10-17-2002, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by FRDEATR
Get rid of those reflectors above the Z28 emblems! Please! And the bumper??? To each his own. But, the drop looks good and I'm glad you like how it drives. Turns out you can make these things handle. Later,

Brian
Check his location. I'm pretty sure the sidemarkers and bumper are required to be steet legal in Europe (i.e. theyr'e stock).

Jagsy: Nice car Are there many Camaro's in England? You're the first person I've seen with one over there. Of course the British car mags do seem to hate it even more than the American press. Last year I think "Car" magazine actually declared the Camaro the worst car you could buy in England.

Oh well...
Old 10-17-2002, 06:26 PM

Originally posted by Soma07
Check his location. I'm pretty sure the sidemarkers and bumper are required to be steet legal in Europe (i.e. theyr'e stock).

I saw that and did think that it may be the reason . What happens if you change it?

Brian
Old 10-17-2002, 08:37 PM

hey, i just noticed..

i have small rectangular reflectors, built into the lower back side, on the side of the bumper piece, right behind my rear wheels. They are built into the side of my car, so they are flush with the body panel. I notice your car doesn't have em..

Anyone else have them?

I have a black 1999 Z28...
Old 10-17-2002, 09:10 PM

Hey Ken, the euro cars are different, especially the lighing huh.
I've got the same rear maker lighs as you do, I did change mine to a clearlens and use a red bulb. We need to get Bobbie and Lyle togeather for a beer some night. C ya
Old 10-18-2002, 02:40 AM

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

I love this US muscle beast here in the UK.

Soma07
US cars are quite rare, but accros the UK there is a dedicated follwoing. LS1 F-body's are very rare. At the biggest US Car show in England (over 2,000 cars) I only counted 6. Chevrolet was sold through Vauxhall for a couple of years, but GM didn't put much effort into sales.

People just stop and stare when they see the Z. You can see them mouth - what is it. A lot of kids who play on PS2 know the car becuase of Grand Turismo.

You are right the press did give the Z28 a bad name - but they didn't appreciate value for money and the options available to modify the cars. I mean, look at the LS1 engine - 300HP, I don't think so!!!! The Z28 did get the title "most HP for the £". Chevrolet should have worked on the suspension a little more and i think they would have got a better report.

Brian
The reflectors at the front above the Z28 emblems are side reflecting indicators. THEY ARE REQUIRED BY LAW. You can have clear covers, but the flash must be yellow.

Euro spec cars are slightly different - but only in cosmetics and the exhaust. The Z28 comes with the V6 muffler that robs 17HP. Glad to say thats gone - and who needs a muffler!!!! We also get the Firebird seats and Euro lighting (rear fog lamps in bumper and no side reflector on rear bumper). Oh and we have the licence plate on the front grill - damn I hate that.

Regards

Jagsy
Old 10-18-2002, 12:44 PM

Originally posted by jagsy
Chevrolet was sold through Vauxhall for a couple of years, but GM didn't put much effort into sales.
I'm not sure what they put much effort into, if anything.
Old 10-19-2002, 03:44 AM

Spohn torque arm and Vigilante torque converter. These will be my next mods also.
Old 10-24-2002, 09:08 AM
Disciple

Rear view mirrors are changed too.