Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Blurb about last Camaro on Bob & Tom Show.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 07:49 AM

Post Blurb about last Camaro on Bob & Tom Show.

The Bob & Tom Radio show had a short news piece about the last Camaro selling for $71,500 on the air this morning...

Here's how it went:

(Christie Lee's replacement (she's out... just had a baby)) Read the headline "Last Camaro sold at Auction"

(Background , Chick McGee) *laughs*

I thought it was going to get ugly here...

but it didn't... they talked about the guy, and joked about the price... all fine and good.

Then either Bob or Tom asked if there were any muscle cars left. They talked a bit, someone said the TRANS AM was gone, Christie's replacement said "Yeah, the Trans Am's been gone a LONG TIME now"

Then someone said, "Well, at least they still make Mustangs!!"

In short, not a a lot, but I found it interesting that the general concensus of everyone on the show was that Trans Am's were LONG GONE (Many years implied), and they seemed kind of stunned that Camaros were just ending now, though they didn't come out and say it.

My point.... just another notch in the belt that says these cars were under-advertised.... a group of, what you would assume to be well-educated, up on the news people decide that Trans AM was killed off a long time ago.

Old 09-04-2002, 12:04 PM

Firebird sales have been about half of Corvette lately, making TransAm sales most likely LOWER than Corvette's Z06.

Hate to say it, but I can't blame them for thinking Trans Ams have been dead for some time. Not everyone's hobby is to keep up on cars.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:51 PM
Prominent Member

Thumbs down

The cast of Bob & Tom are a bunch of morons...just comedians....I live 40 miles south of Indy (where they're located) and have dealt with them.....bunch of monkeys...no more.
Old 09-04-2002, 12:56 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Doug Harden, Pres CICC:
The cast of Bob & Tom are a bunch of morons...just comedians....I live 40 miles south of Indy (where they're located) and have dealt with them.....bunch of monkeys...no more.</font>
LOL. I agree... but still, the fact that everyone on the show pretty much agreed that Trans Am has been dead for "a long time" just stuck in my head.

I think it's probably what the general public has believed for some time.