Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles
View Poll Results: Pick one.....
I don't care what it's called...if I like it, I'm buying it.
44.93%
If it's not called "CAMARO"..you can count me out.
55.07%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Chevy Coupe poll.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 12:14 AM

Chevy Coupe poll.

Time for another poll.

Since it was brought up that the PHR story may have put the name of the "Chevy Coupe" at some risk, what would calling the Chevy coupe something other than Camaro, do to your buying habits?

Last edited by Z284ever; 07-24-2004 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:22 AM
NJSPEEDER24

Re: Chevy Coupe poll.

I'd rather it be labeled "Camaro", but I will be just as interested even if it's named the Chevy Crapstick because it serves the same purpose...

Old 07-24-2004, 01:27 AM

I voted for Camaro because it is that name that we have been fighting for for so long now.It would just be a shame to not have the name after all that. Also with the styling ques we have heard about, what else could it be called. they couldnt call a Chevelle something that looks like a Camaro could they? I would probably get a C5 Z06 instead (if there is no Camaro i mean)

EDIT: Actually i dont really know. I would obviously prefer "Camaro" But it is hard to decide what exactly I will want in 3 years. I may go for the 2+2 coupe or i may not.

Last edited by 0toinsanein5.4sec; 07-24-2004 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:55 AM

While being a Camaro die hard, if GM continues the legal mumbo-jumbo I'd be just as happy buying a 5.3 liter, RWD two door Chevelle, or whatever they decide to call it. As long as it has a V8, RWD and TWO doors and isn't styled by a two year old, I'm there.

Of course, for old times sake, I'd like it to bring the Camaro name back.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:00 AM

I'm pretty surprised at the results so far. As of right now, it is just about even. If it is not callled "Camaro" then I am not going to even bother, so that is what I voted for. Each day, a nice, used Corvette is looking better and better to me.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:23 AM

Thumbs up Re: Chevy Coupe poll.

While I'd like to see the Camaro name coming back (and it is ), if it is something I like and fits my purpose etc., I'll buy it.

TS
Old 07-24-2004, 07:46 AM

I think I would be less inclined to buy it if it weren't called Camaro. It would seem like they named it something else in spite of all of us pleading for a Camaro. Last time I checked, I didn't see thousands of people clamoring for a Chevelle.

Last edited by WERM; 07-24-2004 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:02 AM

I voted for Camaro.

It needs to be called Camaro.

HOWEVER, if it were called something else, and did not LOOK LIKE a "Camaro" , I honestly would not totally rule it out... not sure if I'd buy or not.

But, if it did look like a Camaro and was labelled something else, I definately would not buy it, that just seems wrong.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:15 AM

CAMARO or NOTHING.

They better not dare bring back a Camaro-like car with a different name. It would be insulting, and IMO that's really not how they need their potential customers to feel about them these days, especially when all the companies are set to come out with one seemingly good thing after another. But, say they brought back a Chevelle and it looked and fit the personality of a Chevelle, I still wouldn't buy it. Why? Because I'm a Camaro guy and while a nice Chevelle SS would be interesting, it still wouldn't be THE Chevrolet musclecar and the M*stang's real direct competitor. They'd have to be really crazy to even seriously consider this.

Last edited by IZ28; 07-24-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:58 AM

Chevys ponycar is CAMARO , like IZ28 said .....dont bring a camaro-like car back and not call it a camaro . I wanna say I just bought my new camaro , not a chevelle or whatever else they wanna call it . With all GM resources , they need to really make the legal issues go away so one of the top 5 most known car names can be used again .
Old 07-24-2004, 11:27 AM

A car that is obviously a Camaro replacement...but not called Camaro...would be....well...repulsive to me. I simply COULD NOT purchase it.

Sort of like, if the C6 couldn't be called Corvette anymore. What if instead of Corvette, it were called...oh, I don't know...Vega. The Z06 replacement could be called Vega GT.

Vega....sounds better than Chevy Crapstick, doesn't it....would anyone have a problem with that?

Last edited by Z284ever; 07-24-2004 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:40 AM

I'd be verrrrry disappointed if it were named something else, but come on, we know what the car really is
Old 07-24-2004, 01:44 PM

The car being designed has Camaro styling cues on it from what we've all heard so calling it something other than Camaro simply isnt acceptable in my book.

If they dont call it Camaro and redesign the whole thing so there isnt a shred of Camaro DNA in it, then I may consider it.

But most likely if the car comes back without the Camaro name on it then I'll be looking at used Corvettes around that time. With my position at the time, who knows maybe even new Corvettes. Hopefully I'll be shopping for new Z/28's though.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:28 PM

Honestly I would rather it not be called Camaro. I think the new c6 is a disgrace to the Corvette name so I don't want to see the Camaro name ruined also.

Like I have been saying all along give it a different name, making it affordable, rwd, 2 door, v8 and make it look cool.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:32 PM

I just wrote a new thread, and I still feel pretty fiesty (exactly why I didn't want to go on the internet while on vacation), so I wanted to add 2 cents worth here & then get back to San Diego's weekend of madness.

I said alot of this in my thread, but I would have to be the most egotistical nutcase in the world to believe that an article I put together from news archives (including GM's own press releases) would hurt the chances of Camaro's name returning, and only a retard would believe it.

I know that by posting a half statement, a certain GM representative has a few people believing that it hurt it's chances because GM was somehow trying to sneek a fast one past those "stupid" & "dumb" people of the Canadian Autoworkers Union, the Quebec Legislature & various government departments, and finally, the Canadian government and ministries of Labor and Finance.

Got a newflash for you guys: "Everybody knew about it".

Let's pretend our IQs are above room tempreature for just a moment:

1. The Popular Hot Rodding story was put together from news articles of things that already happened. This means actual GM dealings with the CAW, and the local, provencial, & national governments. This means these people were actually there when these things took place.

2. Since these people were there, and obviously were capable of operating without a nurse or legal gaurdian around, they were aware of what was going on.

3. These people make a career of knowing how things relate to their intrests. The CAW is looking after their best intrests, so they are aware of everything related to this. Ditto the Local government, the Provincial government, the National government, various ministries (departments in US-talk) and elected or appointed officials involved in this.

4. Since these people make a career knowing how everything relates, and probally has better resources at finding things out than any of us can imagine, it's probally an understatement to say that they are aware of anything that's possible and everything that's going on.

5. This means that anything in the PHR article is either "old news" to them (they were on scene when the events refered to in these articles I referenced were written about), or things they already covered and forgot about, making it a non-issue.

6. From this, it can be safely said that the article did no adverse action that would preclude the name Camaro from being used.

If the name isn't going to be used, the last reason on the planet (right next to "it isn't in the dictionary") would be because of the PHR article.

We can stop pretending now, and let our IQs return to normal levels.

Last edited by guionM; 07-24-2004 at 09:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Chevy Coupe poll.