Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Dodge Magnum and Chrysler Crossfire review

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 11:37 AM

Thumbs up Dodge Magnum and Chrysler Crossfire review

my buddy was looking into a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee last week. while i was waiting i ventured to the showroom floor to check out the new models. noticed they had the new durango, new magnum and the crossfire (amongst others) available to sit in. first one i tried was the crossfire.

Crossfire:

Awesome looking car in person. stunning. i really really like it, from the inside to the outside. the little wing that comes up on the back really makes the back look finished. now on the inside, it looked VERY nice. nice controls. my biggest complaint was size. im about 6'3" and about 280. and i didnt fit at all. with the seat back as far as it would go, my knees were against the bottom of the dash and almost touched the steering wheel. from the controls that i could use i really liked it. the shifter was very nice with very nice short throws and the aluminum accents inside made the car look very nice,

Magnum:

what can i say about this. i didnt like it when i first saw pics of it. saw one at the track a couple weeks ago and then this one on the showroom floor. its AWESOME. the interior is SUPERB. quality looked very nice IMO, gauges very easyto read. the one i sat in had the in dash GPS and that was very easy to read. shifter in it was in easy reach and wasnt gaudy looking. the back seat was equally nice. i sat back there with my buddy (same height as me) in the driver seat with it in a comfrotable position for him and i had plenty of leg room.

Duragno:

terrible. i hated the interior. cheap plastic and ugly burshed trim. cup holders were in an odd position, dash was ok for usability. i hated it. i honestly liked the old durango interior MUCH more. they get a very big thumbsdown on that one.