Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Idea for a GTO tagline:)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 08:26 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IZ28:
You guys will settle for whatever.</font>
I like the way the Monaro/GTO looks. It looks tasteful and clean, not gaudy and overdone. GM did it smart, and left the scoops and spoilers to the aftermarket or the ricers.

Besides which, if you take out IZ28 and GOATCRAZY, there are hardly any negative comments about the new GTO. They're just compliaining louder than everyone is complimenting, and don't mind doing it over and over and over again.

------------------
Jason

<A HREF="http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/munche" TARGET=_blank>1997 A4 Z28 "Mongoose"
</A>

<A HREF="http://www.iz-us.com/images/cars/cougar/" TARGET=_blank>New Project: 1969 Mercury Cougar 351W
</A>
Old 06-28-2002, 10:13 PM

QUOTE FROM PROUD PONY:
"Well, I agree with you 100% here. All I can add is that for size, Ford is not exactly a back-yard shop making go-carts. Back in the 80's they weren't too good at listening to the buyers either. But things CAN change, and did in Ford's case. If enough people get heard by GM and the money flow is controlled right (i.e. selective purchases, etc.), I promise GM can change too."
So, are you saying that in the mid-80s Ford did not listen to it's customers and now it does? Dude, do you realize that is like 15 YEARS? I'm not gonna wait 15 years on the hopes that GM will make something that supposedly will be better than what we have now.

QUOTE FROM PROUD PONY:
"That's great, and I'm glad the car is here for you at this point, really. But be honest w/me, wouldn't you still love this car if it were called a Pontiac Monaro?"
I probably would, but I also know cars and research them quite extensively, especially GMs. But the average person has no idea what a Monaro is, and therefore, maybe wouldn't buy it. And calling it a GTO makes it all the sweeter.

QUOTE FROM PROUD PONY:
"BTW - would you have nads-e-nuf to go post technical stuff like this on a Ford/Mustang board?"
No. For two reasons. I really don't know the intimate details of Ford & Mustang as well as a regular poster does, so therefore I would be at a disadvantage there. And I really don't care too much for Fords. Other than a few of their cars from the 60s and early 70s, they don't do anything for me.
Old 06-29-2002, 02:01 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MunchE:
Besides which, if you take out IZ28 and GOATCRAZY, there are hardly any negative comments about the new GTO. They're just compliaining louder than everyone is complimenting, and don't mind doing it over and over and over again.</font>
Nope there are others. And every person I have shown the picture to has reacted the same or even more so.

Old 06-30-2002, 04:27 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MunchE:
Besides which, if you take out IZ28 and GOATCRAZY, there are hardly any negative comments about the new GTO. They're just compliaining louder than everyone is complimenting, and don't mind doing it over and over and over again.

</font>
To quote IZ28:
"I agree."

Old 06-30-2002, 05:10 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Burmite:
To quote IZ28:
"I agree."
</font>
I disagree.
Old 06-30-2002, 05:03 PM

Wink

I think we might all be well served to pick up the latest issue of "High Performance Pontiac" where a number of people, currently & previously associated with Pontiac performance or the original GTO voice their opinion on the new GTO. It might surprise or shock some of you.
Old 06-30-2002, 07:08 PM

For those of us who don't get that mag within the continent, can you post some exerpts(sp?)?