Automotive News / Industry / Future Vehicle Discussion Automotive news and discussion about upcoming vehicles

Tell me what can be changed about this to make it more "Camaro"

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 07:36 PM

Tell me what can be changed about this to make it more "Camaro"

After I saw guionM's post of my concept I thought I might change a few things about it, so I did. Truth be told it will be hard to please everybody whatever the new Camaro looks like, some want curves like the first gens and some want straight lines like the 3rd. It's not impossible to make a car that has a little of all those things but it's also not that easy. So lets take a look at the concept of mine that guionM put up before that I've now changed a little and tell me what you think should be changed about it to make it more suitable to be a Camaro. If you notice in one of the pictures you can see that it obviously has first gen fenders, especially in the back, you can see the grille is reminiscent of the 2nd gen and the headlights kinda look like and are in the same place as the 4th gens, and for the 3rd gen part it could have "Camaro" on it somewhere just like the 3rds had . I have a first gen so I always make my concepts curvy cuz thats what I like and since I used the SS concept it was already curvy, so there wasnt much chance for a third gen lookin car to emerge from me with this particular car. So can this car be changed to be more Camaro, tell me and I'll change it little by little when I can, right now I have a wisdom tooth giving me some problems and I'm having a hard time gettin through my days, one minute I feel like rippin my face off to get that tooth out of there and the next minute I feel like I'm in heaven from the medicine I'm taken, and I'm not sure when I'll get to go to the dentist cuz I havent called yet for an appointment but it better be this week. Anyway, let me know, I hope this link works. Click here.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:25 PM

The car looks good in the passenger side profile shot, but too bubbly in the left front 3/4 shot.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:47 PM

Don’t go changing, to try and please gui
You never let me down before...

Old 10-18-2003, 10:11 PM

A shorter rear end, longer nose. The SS concept reminded me alot of the 2nd gen cars, and I think a second gen car's proportions would make it look more "Camaro"
Old 10-18-2003, 10:29 PM

Trying to make the SS Concept a Camaro is kinda wrong IMO because it won't be no matter what you do to it, unless you change the entire car. But just for fun I'll give a few suggestions.

- Take away quarter window.
- Add wrap around taillights and make the silver body colored.
- Add a 4" 3 piece spoiler.
- Make doors shaped more like this (-----) and longer.
- Make side of body have this shape <, a line in the middle in other words.
- More noticable fender flares.
- Take those huge fenders away and slope the angle of the entire front end more. Make the hood and fender area more flat and matching. Add some creases in hood or some design.
- Take away huge 2nd Gen grill, angle the bumper where the Camaro emblem goes in a V shape, and add black around the inside of the headlights. Also make them bigger and more sharply angled while your're at it.

That's all I can think of now but if you did all that I bet you'd have something more "Camaro" there, but like i said it's alot. That car was never meant to be a Camaro and it shows.

Last edited by IZ28; 10-18-2003 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:36 PM
cmc

Reduce the rear overhang and flatten out the hood/front fender stick-ups. (Where it bulges up.)
Old 10-19-2003, 12:37 AM

I'm with IZ28 here. Trying to turn the SS concept into a Camaro is really trying to push alot of water uphill.

Even lowered over what looks like 22" Torque Thrusts, isn't enough to get me going. Maybe a different car should be used as a starting point.

It's just too bland and amorphous. I see next to no tension on the car's skin at all. It's not a Camaro I'd be happy with.

Hope your tooth feels better.

Last edited by Z284ever; 10-19-2003 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-19-2003, 03:58 PM

Ok, I will try some of those things, I dont know how that will end up lookin but I'll try anyhow. The only reason I asked what can be done to this car is becuz it turned up in the other thread so I figured maybe we could change it around a little bit.
I get my tooth cut out Tuesday, woohoo!
Old 10-19-2003, 06:13 PM

Hows this so far, I did a few of the things suggested, I wanna know if this is any better before I keep going. Check #3, #1 and #2 are the old ones,.
Hope the link works, link here. If #3 isnt there yet give it about 30 minutes for the page to update.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:42 PM

Hmmm, I like your #2 rendition better than the third . Do you think you can make the grille more "rounded" and less like the RX8's grille? You know, without the dip, more like the 98+ grille. Maybe throw in a Z28 or SS emblem in it too. That'd be great. Maybe another color? Hugger Orange? Silver? Personally, your #2 rendition is the best.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:43 PM

I don't think you can turn the SS into a Camaro.

Image #3 looks too cartoon-ish.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:44 PM

I like pic #1. I saw it earlier this week in guionM's post, but I was at work and didn't have time to post anything. I actually forgot about it until I saw it again today. The front needs some work, but other than that, I like it.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:17 PM

Still not a Camaro.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:48 PM

i think you're beating a dead horse here
i don't think that the ss concept could ever be changed into a camaro
jmho
Old 10-19-2003, 08:06 PM

Oh well then.

Quick Reply: Tell me what can be changed about this to make it more "Camaro"