Buyer/Seller Feedback Please report dealings on this site accurately and fairly. Disputes/arguments should be handled by authorities and will be closed or deleted.

[Problem] beware of pm from new users asking to send money via Zella

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 01:45 AM

beware of pm from new users asking to send money via Zella

Just recently posted in the wanted parts section for a re-clocked LS steering shaft for lt1 .. I am no stranger to the scams out there but every once in a while you find an honest person these days if the person is legit people you have a way to verify who they are through social media (while not always 100% you can get an idea what your dealing with ) .... (that said these two clowns take the cake)

Got two messages from would-be sellers or what I call "give this guy a call he has what you want oh but text him and leave a message because he rarely picks up" red flag number 1

I took a chance to see if I can find someone honest it has been a long time since I have bought anything outside of eBay/amazon, or someone I know, etc but these two new members I guess are trolling the wanted parts section...

(red flag number2) It goes like this I get a pm from a user (note: I saw that he had no posts and just signed up on the site )
so I entertained myself last night trolling them back to see if this was legit or not...

Long story short spend the better half of the night going back and forth via text and email because this person claims to have no social media to contact with red flag number 3 ) lol lol and when trying to get a proper pay pal account to send money (only 40 bucks) he gave me 3 different emails to send money,, because nothing seemed to work, after all, that he suggested Zella money transfer..... red flag number 4.... beware to all if you do not know the person never send via Zelle way because this perfect scam unlike PayPal there is no recourse to get your money back once sent..... here is screen shots of the two clowns ...

Old 06-03-2021, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Re: beware of pm from new users asking to send money via Zella

Thanks for the update. I’m going to copy this to the parts wanted forum and lock it at the top. Normally I ban these new members, but the site went to a new 2-factor verification for Admin actions, and I'm struggling with it.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:24 AM

Re: beware of pm from new users asking to send money via Zella

no problem just thought i would spread the word