Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

Tunercat Customer Service :bs:

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 09:04 AM

Re: Tunercat Customer Service :bs:

Seriously send him another email so he gets it. I'm sure he's getting slammed with emails like yours on a daily basis so it probably got lost in the fray. **** happens..

Tails
Old 07-27-2005, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Alvin@pcmforless.com
John has exceptional customer service.. always had, always will.
John? I thought his name was Tuner Cat
Old 07-27-2005, 12:38 PM

The program is obviously proven.. His technical support is also quite awesome. I think the problem here is on your side.. you don' have a port configured right or something.. Theres only so much he can do before you need to actually poke around to figure out your problem.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:18 AM

Thumbs up Re: Tunercat Customer Service

Well we finally got it resolved. The obd2 problem was with vats, and he explained that to us over the phone (we sent an email, and just decided to call this morning), and the obd1 problem was with the type of laptop we were using (something to do with the usb port, and being to slow) so he sent us the software again, and this time we put it on an older laptop and it works fine now. I will say when we got a hold of him the technical advice was great. But I still wish we could have gotten it taken care of a little sooner. But all in all I am happy with everything now.

Thank You Jon
Old 07-29-2005, 02:41 PM

Hey guys,

I've just purchased tc after being a total noob with the paypal system, very helpful and prompt I could not say better things about them on the service side.

Tc kicks *** on lt1_edit, if not for the very feature of flashing new pcm's from gm.

See lt1_edit in an attempt to stop piracy of the software codes everything on vin, so if you lose your pcm your kinda screwed; well unless you have tunercat.

Tc made the software I needed to recover my pcm for a FREE 30 day trial!!

So i bought it, just because that kind of thinking is light years beyond the stupid caveman logic employed by carputing.

Upon buying tc and loading it up for the first time I was blown away by the table options compared to lt1_edit..

So in closing if you don't like Tc your screwed, it's the best option period.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by LWillmann
Since you're trying to run both OBDII and OBDI versions on the same notebook, is it possible that the two are conflicting?

The 96/97 version IS OBDII, btw.
No that is not the issue. I run all my tuning software on one laptop, that includes HP Tuners, LS1 edit, TC, the OE GM calibration software, MEFI (RamJet software) all runs well on one laptop. Not to include all sorts of other engineering controls system software for programming PLCs and other devices. It sounds like the guy having the problem may have a corrupted executable in the winflash portion of the tuner program. I would suggest reloading the software and trying it again. I have not had any issues with programming OBD1 PCMs either on board or off board. Certain truck PCMs I always peform programming offboard, this is even with the GM stuff. Corvettes I always use a GM Tools star pac isolator tool to isolate the PCM from all other serial communications.

I forgot to also mention, I haven't had any issues with TC as far as customer relations go. I get an answer usually within a couple hours depending when I email him. There has been an occassion when response time took a day or so but that usually happens on weekends, or if I send a message late in the day as he is three hours ahead of me.

Last edited by tjwong; 08-04-2005 at 12:48 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:31 PM

I have Tunercat for OBDI and LT1 Edit running on the same laptop, and have not had any problems. But not being familiar with how the two versions of Tunercat install (since I haven't seen the OBDII version yet), I didn't know if this was a possibility.