Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

What do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 06:14 PM

What do i need?

to get into the tuning scene.....have a laptop as well as a cable soon but was wondering which program to get (tunercat, freescan) and where to get them. are they hard to use? what are the basics i should know?
Old 08-04-2003, 10:35 PM

Glad to see others getting into the fun of tuning our cars.

There are a few data collecting software choices out there. Since I have only used Datamaster, that is the only one I can suggest. It does a great job for me.

As for tuning software, I like TunerCat because you can tune multiple VIN's and all upgrades are free. This works well when you have multiple PCMs on the shelf just in case. However, I think that there are just as many happy LT1_Edit users out there so I cannot knock them.

Basics, hmmm. Read this board and do a search on the internet. I did plenty of research before I started yet I am still learning. You eventually find what you need.

Is there something in particular you want to accomplish? Maybe start there.

Ben
Old 08-05-2003, 10:05 AM

just basically a scanning tool, like freescan or something. just want to be able to scan and download programs into the computer