Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 11:58 AM

Please Help!

This is my first 6spd car, so the Manual world is new to me...
I took my car to the track last night(Went a 11.42 @ 93mph/1000ft).
Made 5 passes and I noticed something after the 4th pass... When shifting ONLY to 2nd & 3rd I hear a grind under the shifter AFTER letting off the clutch... DOES NOT DO IT ALL THE TIME.... And I dont really notice it when going INTO the gear...

Also, Its hard to put into reverse SOMETIMES...
AND, sometimes it pops out of 3rd when cruising(never at WOT)

Ive looked at the history and the clutch has just under 20k miles and it DOES NOT feel like it slips ever...
---------------------------
Now as of this morning it is grinding going into 1st(while still rolling, never from a stop), 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th gear... so 4th is the only gear that doesnt do it.....

IT ONLY GRIND WHEN IT IS ALL THE WAY IN GEAR AND IM LETTING OUT OF THE CLUTCH...

HELP!
Old 05-07-2008, 08:24 PM

Check the transfluid, heat after time can break it down so it may not be lubing very well. The reverse sounds like a Synchro. Thats my 5 cents
Old 05-07-2008, 11:35 PM

Completely off topic, but are you going to centerville this weekend? If you remember, I bought a hood and hatch off of you a year or so ago, since then i sold the v6 and got myself a z28. If the weather isn't bad (which it probably will be) I'll be going up to centerville with Kyle Hayden and a few others.