Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

there goes another T-56

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 12:29 AM

there goes another T-56

Aight about a year and a half ago i took out all the teeth on second gear right before i left for basic so i had to pay someone to do all the work to get it fixed and that cost me $1600. I have been missing a few teeth on 3rd for about a year now, but tonight i was playing around and i hit 4th and it just wouldn't come out, i had to stop and shut off the car to FORCE it out of gear, now it shift into 1st and 2nd semi-normal but when i go into 3rd or 4th it just sticks there........i am thinking shift forks, my question is what do you guys and girls think it might be and what do you guys usually pay for a rebuild (assuming i pull the tranny)?
Old 03-19-2004, 07:10 AM
Advanced Member

You should be able to fix it yourself really...if they got an Auto shop were your at....(they should). If it's stuck It could be the Clutch fork like you said...or a bent shift rail... It may be possible for a key to have slipped out and jam you up a bit..if your really unlucky...But take it easy if your still dring the car...it's pretty easy to break the Z plate off...(trust me) by jaming the car in and out of a stuck gear. You can probably fix it for under $70.00 if you do it yourelf. T-56 is pretty straight foward tranny.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:07 PM

well i am willing to do anything to my car but the tranny is usually out of my league, but it seems no one in this city will work on it. So i would love some more information or a place where i could get some more info, like a service manuel or something.....i found all the parts i should need at gearbox.com does anyone know any other good tranny sites?