Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

If i was going to S/C..

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 08:38 PM

If i was going to S/C..

If i was going to s/c my stock ss camaro.. what would you guys suggest as internal modifications to help it hold up? Would i be better off going with a supercharger or porting the heads and doing cam and all of that mess? My goal is high hp/tq I want power.. I was originally going to port the heads and do the cam and everything else but now i am considering a supercharger. What brands are the most efficient? How much money am i looking at to get a forged crank and maybe some low compression pistons along with a s/c?

thanks guys any help is appreciated
Old 08-30-2004, 09:41 PM

Re: If i was going to S/C..

Or would i be better off with a turbo?
Old 08-30-2004, 11:00 PM

Ok, money: Forced induction - not cheap, Heads/Cam - Cheap.

There are only a few turbo applications that are actually complete, anything else involving a turbo is a custom job.

First you need to think of what your power goals are, if your looking for 400hp, go heads and cam, far cheaper than forced induction. For FI, everything needs to be forged and your CR needs to be lowered quite a bit. So, if I were you, id figure out my power goals, and work from there.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:05 PM

How much more expensive would i be looking at going with a s/c or turbo setup than heads/cam.. if i do heads/cam i will be pushing the limits of alot of stuff just to get 400+rwhp i want to get 500rwhp or around there but i dont want to be pushing the limits too far or porting my heads to the max and everything else.. i also dont want to be winding up my motor real high