Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

My Ported Victor Jr vs. Ported LT1 Manifold results.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by RealQuick
I couldn't find the efi version either, just the carb'd version

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-2975/
I think that's the one he has it was converted over to use a fuel rail and the sheetmetal elbow made to use a TB instead of the carb. i know some N/A guys did that.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:24 PM

on manifolds such as this (Vortec or SBC in original designation), are there modifications that must be made to the actual angle of the intake to head facing? Or is it merely the bolt holes/angle of bolt holes and covering up the distributor hole? BTW, rather than cover that up, I'd be tempted to just put a cut off distributor in there so I could more easily replace the cam/pump drive gear w/o having to pull the intake off.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:09 PM

I guess the "Jr." part could have been mis spoken. Its not a converted vic jr. manifold though. It is a Victor EFI with their fuel rail kit. I'll get the number off the manifold when i get home to be sure. It's definitly not a super vic.

Ken
Old 11-20-2009, 04:40 PM

Ok. Department of corrections.... So the manifold is a Victor EFI. Part number 29785, not a Victor jr EFI. In escessence though, it's basically a vic jr. The super victor is a bit of a different animal as it is said to run in even the higher rpm range. I'd like to see a before and after with a super vic myself. Wondering if you'd see the same or more of an increase but starting at a higher rpm range. Hope that clears up any confusion. Sorry...

Ken R.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:20 PM

Thats a good test. The thing to remember is this is a 6 speed car and most of you are running a auto with a stall. So any torque power loss below your stall speed would never be noticed. If he was running a 3600 to 4000 stall, which is very streetable in a overdrive lock up tranny you would not see any loss on a chassis dyno.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:58 PM

nice thing about me having an LS motor now, they make one already for it! lol
Old 11-20-2009, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by roguedriver
Ok. Department of corrections.... So the manifold is a Victor EFI. Part number 29785, not a Victor jr EFI. In escessence though, it's basically a vic jr. The super victor is a bit of a different animal as it is said to run in even the higher rpm range. I'd like to see a before and after with a super vic myself. Wondering if you'd see the same or more of an increase but starting at a higher rpm range. Hope that clears up any confusion. Sorry...

Ken R.
Thanks for the clarification. Any chance you can detail exactly what you did to get it to bolt up?
Old 11-21-2009, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by jetjoe
Thanks for the clarification. Any chance you can detail exactly what you did to get it to bolt up?
you have to match the holes up, block the distributor hole, and get rid of the thermostat part

now, theres several ways to do these

distrubutor hole
a) weld it shut and have it smoothed out
b) put a freeze plug in it

bolt holes
a) weld up the old lt1 heads for the bolt holes and have them drilled/tapped for the SBC/vortec bolt holes -best idea so you can use any old school intake
b) weld up the current holes on the single plane, and drill for the lt1 holes, works ok, just atke the lt1 intake, hold it so everything is lined up with the single plane and clamp them together, drill the holes using the lt1 as a base.

thermostat coolant part
a) cap off the thermostat hole
b) machine it off

hope this helps some people out
Old 11-22-2009, 08:34 AM

this is interesting, you lost alot down low tho. i wounder how this would affect launching off a tbrake around 3500-4k?
Old 11-22-2009, 11:51 AM

Hey Rogue,

Can you tell a difference on the street in everyday driving?

Thanks,

Jerry
Old 11-22-2009, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by 4SFEDZ
this is interesting, you lost alot down low tho. i wounder how this would affect launching off a tbrake around 3500-4k?

You wouldn't notice any thing leaving on the transbrake.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:50 PM

You'd never notice it on the launch if your launching above 3500rpm anyway. I launch at around 4500. As far as on the street, the fact that it's a little down on power there is almost a plus if your getting on it. Why have a bunch of power there when your only gonna be in that range only from the get go. Give it a chance to hook. I shred the tires anyway, so it doesn't matter. Normally drivability is fine. The only reason power is down there though is because i have it tuned richer in those lower rpm's vs my old setup and also have a lot of timing pulled down low. If i ran the tune where it was in the lower rpms, it would probably be about matched up power wise below 4000rpm, maybe even a bit higher now.

Ken R.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:07 PM

Awesome post! Too bad I never got to use the intake
Old 12-04-2009, 12:21 PM

Where is the MAP sensor mounted?
Old 12-04-2009, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by bkrepindy
Where is the MAP sensor mounted?
I mounted it to the bottom side of the fuel rail on the passenger side and connected it to a vac port on the elbow.

Ken R.

Quick Reply: My Ported Victor Jr vs. Ported LT1 Manifold results.