Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

Took the Turbo LT1 out for another 'evaluation' drive :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 07:01 PM

Any update from today dave?
Old 06-29-2010, 08:22 PM

Bueller...
Old 06-29-2010, 08:55 PM

I went over to the local drag strip on Sunday morning (7 miles from home!) in hopes of making a pass or 2 but they were having a Pro event. No lowlifes like me were allowed. As I was leaving, a fox body coming in the other direction was ******* his car, trying to show off. I focused on him and dropped to 2nd gear and roared past him, chirping the tires on the shift to 3rd. I laughed as I looked in the rearview, letting off, enjoying the brief acceleration with full boost, I then looked ahead to see a state trooper with his lights on, slamming on his brakes. Ohhhh ****...
lol...
I immediately pulled over and got out my proof of insurance and pulled out my license whilst he made the u turn, pulled up behind me, got out and came walking up to the car. He looked at my documents, then said, "What? You couldn't wait to get on the track"? And he started laughing. I nervously smiled back, not very convincing in my enjoying his comedy. He then said, "You don't need a ticket do you"? Again, me with the feeble smile, "Uhm.. I'm thinking I don't sir...". He laughed again, gave me back my documents and walked back to his car, got in and drove off... Wheww..... PHOCK!
Lol..

Last edited by DirtyDaveW; 06-29-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:00 PM

You lucky summmmm beech. I'd have definitely gone for a car ride if that was me. NY has a lottery doesnt it? If so I'd be making my way to the nearest place that sells tickets
Old 06-29-2010, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by DirtyDaveW
I went over to the local drag strip on Sunday morning (7 miles from home!) in hopes of making a pass or 2 but they were having a Pro event. No lowlifes like me were allowed. As I was leaving, a fox body coming in the other direction was ******* his car, trying to show off. I focused on him and dropped to 2nd gear and roared past him, chirping the tires on the shift to 3rd. I laughed as I looked in the rearview, letting off, enjoying the brief acceleration with full boost, I then looked ahead to see a state troper with his lights on, slamming on his brakes. Ohhhh ****...
lol...
I immediately pulled over and got out my proof of insurance and pulled out my license whilst he made the u turn, pulled up behind me, got out and came walking up to the car. He looked at my documents, then said, "What? You couldn't wait to get on the track"? And he started laughing. I nervously smiled back, not very convincing in my enjoying his comedy. He then said, "You don't need a ticket do you"? Again, me with the feeble smile, "Uhm.. I'm thinking I don't sir...". He laughed again, gave me back my documents and walked back to his car, got in and drove off... Wheww..... PHOCK!
Lol..
HOLY SHAT! lol thats funny!

My buddy and I just got done with his back halfed 63 ss box nova. It has a gen 3 408 with a 88mm borg on it. We got pulled over for doing 41 in a 30 (damn speedo cable never gunna come).

Ileagal tires, not a mirror on the car. No License plate lights. absolutely nothing for exhaust but 4 foot of downpipe. No proof of insurance on us.

Cop took his license and inquired a little about the car. It was kinda funny cuz he asked my buddy "You take this thing to Douglas?? (local strip)" and my friend looks at him and says no (20" wide slicks under it lol). The cop asks "Then wtf do you do with it!?!?" my buddy said "Na, just kidding. We just got it running and out getting the little bugs worked out of it". After a short little conversation the officer hands back his license without ever going back to his car. "I am a traffic cop and ALWAYS give out tickets... but... just slow it down guys". We drove off!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:18 PM

Yeah. I've been dogged by some hardass cops on many occasions but I've had just as many be really cool like that.