Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

Racetronix Fuel Pump issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 12:59 PM

mine was an offset one and cracked the fuel bucket. racetronix confirmed it was a probelm
Old 12-12-2009, 01:12 PM
BTC

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY: Dalton, GA: Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
So you got an offset pump with the racetronix kit, and it caused a problem? When did you get your kit? Have your issues been resolved? If so, how?

I was about to order this kit on Friday, and stumbled upon this thread and decided to wait.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:34 PM

they glued my bucket back toegther... i guess it was resolved, they still owe me like 300.00 for mistakes and never refunded me money.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:38 PM

P.S. this whole deal took about 3 months... couldn't drive car in process
Old 12-12-2009, 03:50 PM
BTC

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY: Dalton, GA: Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Bummer. I haven't driven my car in 8 years. I need a fuel pump. My car is essentially stock, but I would like to install something better than the stock pump, if possible.

Did you buy your kit directly from Racetronix, or did you go through one of their vendors, like Thunder Racing?
Old 12-12-2009, 10:57 PM

directly from racetronix. they made me send my pump back and order another one to see if it would work...which it didnt fix the broken bucket... and then send my bucket back. and after 2 months they said they were having issues trying to fix it and about 3 months it took to have a fuel pump back in car.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:08 PM
BTC

A Racetronix vendor is telling me that the Walbro pump included with the kit has a centered inlet.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:20 PM

mine was off centered
Old 12-13-2009, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by BTC
A Racetronix vendor is telling me that the Walbro pump included with the kit has a centered inlet.
Please read our original post here:
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=23

After examining a couple of buckets way back we determined that the problem was due to the age of the factory buckets and in no part related to any manufacturing defects with our product. Some customers conveniently fail to mention this in their posts in order to make it sound as if we have done something wrong and irresponsible. Some people fail to realize the effect age has on some of the factory components. In this case we are dealing with plastic soaking in gas for many years. We do our best to keep up with these issues so we can adapt our products to better service our customers.

There have not been any re occurrences of this fitment issue since. Out of a few thousand pumps assemblies sold this year under 6 people reported any such problems. Of these people all who sent in their buckets for inspection had them repaired free of charge.

We hope this helps to clarify this issue once and for all.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:54 PM
BTC

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Please read our original post here:
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=23

After examining a couple of buckets way back we determined that the problem was due to the age of the factory buckets and in no part related to any manufacturing defects with our product. Some customers conveniently fail to mention this in their posts in order to make it sound as if we have done something wrong and irresponsible. Some people fail to realize the effect age has on some of the factory components. In this case we are dealing with plastic soaking in gas for many years. We do our best to keep up with these issues so we can adapt our products to better service our customers.

There have not been any re occurrences of this fitment issue since. Out of a few thousand pumps assemblies sold this year under 6 people reported any such problems. Of these people all who sent in their buckets for inspection had them repaired free of charge.

We hope this helps to clarify this issue once and for all.
Thanks for the input. It's appreciated.

I've read everything I can find, but somehow overlooked the remarks in your post regarding the F20000169 pump. I just assumed that pump would be preferable due to the offset design. I've got an aftermarket OEM pump in my tank now. It's only about 3 years old, but appears to have died prematurely. I hope the bucket design is the same. I'm not sure whether I kept the factory pump it replaced.

My car isn't currently being driven, just started occasionally to let it run. I've considered buying your kit, and the F20000169, and using whichever pump fits the bucket best. At worst, I would have a backup pump in the event of another failure.

Could you comment as to whether your intank wiring setup would also work with the F20000169 pump?
Old 12-14-2009, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by BTC
Thanks for the input. It's appreciated.

I've read everything I can find, but somehow overlooked the remarks in your post regarding the F20000169 pump. I just assumed that pump would be preferable due to the offset design. I've got an aftermarket OEM pump in my tank now. It's only about 3 years old, but appears to have died prematurely. I hope the bucket design is the same. I'm not sure whether I kept the factory pump it replaced.

My car isn't currently being driven, just started occasionally to let it run. I've considered buying your kit, and the F20000169, and using whichever pump fits the bucket best. At worst, I would have a backup pump in the event of another failure.

Could you comment as to whether your intank wiring setup would also work with the F20000169 pump?
The Racetronix FLT1 pump assembly is only available as a complete assembly.
Only the external upgrade harness is available as a separate item.
If you have a history of pump failures it would be best to find out why before investing in a new pump.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:57 PM
BTC

Originally Posted by Racetronix
The Racetronix FLT1 pump assembly is only available as a complete assembly.
Only the external upgrade harness is available as a separate item.
If you have a history of pump failures it would be best to find out why before investing in a new pump.
I wouldn't say I have a history of pump failures. The factory pump lasted from the time I bought the car in early 1994 until I put the car into storage in late 2000. When I got it out of storage a few years ago, the factory pump was seized up, along with the injectors, and most every other moving part. I didn't really prep the car for storage, and probably didn't intend to let it sit so long. I bought an aftermarket pump at Advance or Autozone, and have only the run the car sporadically over the last few years just for the sake of letting it run. My tank could probably use a cleaning.

I believe I'm going to order one of your kits. I'm hoping I can get something by Christmas. The two vendors I've spoken with were both out of stock, but said they could drop ship directly from you.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by BTC
I wouldn't say I have a history of pump failures. The factory pump lasted from the time I bought the car in early 1994 until I put the car into storage in late 2000. When I got it out of storage a few years ago, the factory pump was seized up, along with the injectors, and most every other moving part. I didn't really prep the car for storage, and probably didn't intend to let it sit so long. I bought an aftermarket pump at Advance or Autozone, and have only the run the car sporadically over the last few years just for the sake of letting it run. My tank could probably use a cleaning.

I believe I'm going to order one of your kits. I'm hoping I can get something by Christmas. The two vendors I've spoken with were both out of stock, but said they could drop ship directly from you.
Clean your tank. Check to make sure it is sealing properly as well as your gas cap. Always store your car with a full tank of gas containing Ethanol (not E85).