Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

TREperformance fuel pump - comments?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 05:29 AM

Location: cold nordic country where icebears are walking on the streets
Question TREperformance fuel pump - comments?

Any experiences? TREperformance sells them for $69.99 and say it is similar to Walbro. I know Racetronix pumps (walbro) and their LT1 kit costs $160.

I thought will go with racetronix kit until I saw this:
http://www.treperformance.com/FuelPu...FuelPumps.html

Decisions, decisions...
please advise...
Old 09-07-2006, 09:28 AM

Re: TREperformance fuel pump - comments?

The website lists the 82-92 F-bodies; I didn't see a pump listed for you 93.

The Racetronix pump is not a stock Walbro. The pump body is modified to fit properly in the stock plastic bucket. It's a good idea to retain the bucket to prevent the possibility of fuel starvation during cornering.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:54 AM

Location: cold nordic country where icebears are walking on the streets

Thank you, Im aware Racetronix pump is "plug_and_play". I heard stock Walbros and replicas need some slight modification to fit.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:59 AM

I installed a Walbro in my ride and spent hours modifying the bucket to make it fit and it came out "OK". I helped a friend install the Racetronix setup and it came out great. If I had to do mine again I would go the Racetronix route. Worth a few dollars to eliminate the headaches and get a better result.

Last edited by OBE1 95Z28; 05-13-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:24 PM

any other comments on the ebay model? I need a new pump myself
Old 02-03-2007, 08:28 PM

I've never heard of that model and for the price, I would be a little concerned if any corners have been cut or if it is going to be a direct fitting pump. I would stick with the tried and proven Racetronix unit.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by 2000GTP
I've never heard of that model and for the price, I would be a little concerned if any corners have been cut or if it is going to be a direct fitting pump. I would stick with the tried and proven Racetronix unit.
the one in the title claims to be very quiet compared to other high flow pumps. any other experiences?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by 1LESSZ28
the one in the title claims to be very quiet compared to other high flow pumps. any other experiences?
Whether it is quiet or not compared to other models is really of a lesser concern then if it can deliver its advertised flow specs.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by 2000GTP
Whether it is quiet or not compared to other models is really of a lesser concern then if it can deliver its advertised flow specs.

very true. However I am not worried about the flow all that much as my car will only be making ~400 rwhp. To my knowledge the stock pump is still adequate at this point-but 300 dollars (for a stocker) is a bit much and might as well upgrade even if it doesn't flow as well as a walbro (claims it does though).
Old 05-13-2007, 09:29 AM

I just installed my TRE pump in the stock bucket, with no mods. I left the rubber cup off the bottom of the pump, it fit better that way, but might be a little louder. Needed to use the stock inlet filter, since the TRE one fits the pump only, not the bucket.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:25 PM

They are GARBAGE! I ordered one trying to save a few bucks and whenever my car was below a half a tank, the car would just DIE! I would have to then wait about 10 min and then the pump would work again. But anything over a half a tank the pump would run fine. I was using the stock bucket and everything. I think it was some kinda heating issue with the pump not staying cool enough when there was a little amount of gas in the tank. I dunno but I got rid of it and bought a Walbro and I can run my tank down to the bottom and it runs fine
Old 06-29-2009, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by SiNfulSS
They are GARBAGE! I ordered one trying to save a few bucks and whenever my car was below a half a tank, the car would just DIE! I would have to then wait about 10 min and then the pump would work again. But anything over a half a tank the pump would run fine. I was using the stock bucket and everything. I think it was some kinda heating issue with the pump not staying cool enough when there was a little amount of gas in the tank. I dunno but I got rid of it and bought a Walbro and I can run my tank down to the bottom and it runs fine
Sorry to bring up a post from the dead, but if you guys are interested in the pumps, we have sold over 10000 of the 255 lph pumps, and rarely have problems with them. The failure rate is about the same as we experience with the Walbro pumps, and we are a direct dealer for Walbro and sell hundreds of Walbros each month as well. If anyone has a problem we take care if it right away, and without the $40 fee charged by Walbro for testing their pumps. Most customers who come to us with a defective Walbro end up ordering a TREperformance pump instead of replacing the Walbro.

If you want to check the website you can see the flow chart and see that it compares favorably to what the walbro pump flows, and we also have a new version designed for the GM applications, similar to the F20000169 pumps.

We also advertise on the Corral for our TRE pumps, and plan to start advertising here and on LS1tech as well. Along with producing the TRE fuel pumps we also are dealers for many performance companies including Walbro, AFR, TrickFlow, MAC, SPEC, Bassani, RC Engineering, C&L, Accufab, Canton, and others.

We cannot help when a customer does not contact us, so if you guys have any questions about the fuel pumps or anything else just check out the website TREperformance.com and if you need anything give us a call or send an email. Unlike a lot of companies we actually have a store front shop, AND we answer the phone!

We will likely become a paying advertiser here in the short future, just trying to balance expansion and costs during this economy before we start increasing advertising expenses.

Nick
TRE
760-586-5617