General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

A/C not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 05:38 PM

A/C not working

On my 1995 Z28 the compressor stopped working. Took it to friends shop for diagnosis. He said that freon is O.K., and compressor comes on at the relay. He thinks it could be the head unit (switches) or the computer. Said he is not an expert in A/C and did not have time to get into it. Wanted to keep for up to a week so he could check further as work load permits.

My question - How can I check for these things? Did several searches but could not find a similar thread. I like most have enough expierence to get into trouble with this but am afraid of A/C electrical shops. Will be reseting the computer when I get home to make sure.

Hoping for a simple fix I have overlooked.

Any help would be appreciated, Weja
Old 12-13-2005, 07:39 PM

Re: A/C not working

you say the compressor stopped working but the mechanic says it does come on... Is that correct? Also what are you symptoms, does it not blow air or the air it blows is not cold?
Old 12-13-2005, 08:25 PM

Re: A/C not working

It's working again... I pulled the ECM fuse for a few minutes and it came right back on..Cycled alot, so I added a little over a LB (all I had at home) and it's still drops below 25lbs pressure low side. I will get some more to fill it.

By what I read here, the low pressure situation could have tripped the ECM to shut off the compressor. Reset ECM and added freon and it works again. I know I still have a leak, but once a season aint to bad.

I know that the board did not have a chance to reply, but I was able to find the solution in my searches. Thanks to all on the board for the wealth of information I have been able to find.

Seems one garage cannot always know as much as everyone here...More minds to pick.

Weja