General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

Can a Canadian find a low cost fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 09:22 PM

Can a Canadian find a low cost fuel pump

Mine has not gone out yet but I have over 110K (miles) so soon I expect issues. I already have a spare opti/water pump (still on originals too) on the shelf and would like to put a new fuel pump on the shelf as well.

Where are Canadians getting their fuel pumps from?? And how much $$ ??
Old 11-01-2006, 09:43 PM

I got the racetronix pump from the link below was around $300 CDN shipped
http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=4&pcid=166
Old 11-01-2006, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by 96flame
I got the racetronix pump from the link below was around $300 CDN shipped
http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=4&pcid=166

You bought the whole kit I assume.

If you buy just the pump does it install without modification, is it an easy install?
Old 11-01-2006, 09:52 PM

Granatelli Motorsports @ Summit Racing.com $100!!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:11 PM

yea I'm just going to get the racetronix one from thunder when mine goes.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:31 PM

Im in the neighborhood for a clutch right now, but everwhere is too exp. man i wished i lived in the states. I always wondered what it would be like to go somewhere and not have to pay an arm and a leg for something so common, or going to a part-store and them ACTUALLY having something in stock for our cars.What a world that would be

end rant * sorry for not having anything to do with topic *
Old 11-02-2006, 07:16 AM

We ship to Canada, so if you guys need anything, don't hesitate to contact us.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by pearlpurple
You bought the whole kit I assume.

If you buy just the pump does it install without modification, is it an easy install?
I didn't get the harness kit just the pump. The install is not bad just follow the directions they give you. Gotta decide whether to drop the rear end and tank or cut an acess hole in the trunk.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:49 PM

Putting the pump in the assembly and installing into the tank is the easy part. Dropping the fuel tank to do the install correctly is the real pain in the ***.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:54 AM

Contact Eric at Victory Racing there service is awesome

For the pump install, you dont need to drop the tank.

Follow this link:

http://www.geocities.com/formulapower2/fuelpump.html

Easy and really clean
Old 11-03-2006, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Eric@Victory Racing
We ship to Canada, so if you guys need anything, don't hesitate to contact us.

If I am breaking forum rules I apologize. PM me if we have to. How much for a fuel pump that is a direct factory relacement???

1993 Z28

shipped??

Thanks
Old 11-03-2006, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by always faster

For the pump install, you dont need to drop the tank.

Follow this link:

http://www.geocities.com/formulapower2/fuelpump.html

Easy and really clean
I should have said to do it right you need to drop the tank, but to each their own. I dropped the tank in mine, I really don't like cutting on my cars.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by FastZinTennessee
I should have said to do it right you need to drop the tank, but to each their own. I dropped the tank in mine, I really don't like cutting on my cars.
I am going to drop the tank in mine as well as it will give me a chance to clean it out, check under the body up above the tank. In another 15 years one of the things that will be good is that I didn't cut a trap door. The guys that don't pan to keep them for ever well it probably doesn't matter. As you have said yes to each his own.

Mine is a keeper as I won't be able to afford anything else as my three kids are all teenagers and college/university is expensive so I am trying to keep it unmolested as possible. Up here a 93 that has never seen salt, and with the mph for speedo and the pearl purple is not all that common.

Last edited by pearlpurple; 11-03-2006 at 06:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-03-2006, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by 96flame
I didn't get the harness kit just the pump. The install is not bad just follow the directions they give you. Gotta decide whether to drop the rear end and tank or cut an acess hole in the trunk.
$300CAN shipped for a $160US pump, was that back when the Canadian dollar was worthless???
Old 11-04-2006, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by FastZinTennessee
You can do it right with this method

Originally Posted by pearlpurple
I am going to drop the tank in mine as well as it will give me a chance to clean it out, check under the body up above the tank. In another 15 years one of the things that will be good is that I didn't cut a trap door. The guys that don't pan to keep them for ever well it probably doesn't matter. As you have said yes to each his own.

Mine is a keeper as I won't be able to afford anything else as my three kids are all teenagers and college/university is expensive so I am trying to keep it unmolested as possible. Up here a 93 that has never seen salt, and with the mph for speedo and the pearl purple is not all that common.
I also plan of keeping my car for long time you know,no winter driven,no rain driven.Look at mi sig, i spend a lot on that beauty When someone post a link you dont need to do it all exactly the same as it wrote and shown...But can give you some ideas.

In the link,i didnt like the way that he finished is trap(metal screw and scealler) so i begin to think on the how to improve the design...

I inspired myself from my last car(92 awd talon).From factory there was a trap in the trunk to reach the fuel pump assy(really bright idea from the injuneer).

I cut mine and use small hinges on one side and a lock on the other so it look like a small door.I put some rubber insulation all around the trap and it look like really clean and could nt tell if it was there from the power plant.Also just before mounting everything i apply some zcoat of zinc primer,primer and paint so it would be clean and rust free.

Thats the way i see it but at the end your the owner of the car and you do want you want

Quick Reply: Can a Canadian find a low cost fuel pump