General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

ram air hood, need intake hood

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 03:42 PM

ram air hood, need intake hood

ok i got a hood its posted in the appearence column under "new ebay hood", i was wondering what i can do to prevent water from getting sucked up from the motor since my filter will sit right at the hood where the hole is? I asked about one way valves but i was told that they won't do anything. So if anyone has something similer or knows something let me no. I am making the intake myself but space is a bitch under the camaro,lol as we all no
Old 05-24-2006, 04:02 PM

Re: ram air hood, need intake hood

You can put a water sock on the airbox, if you absolutely need to.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Administrator

After going to "Appearance" and looking at the hood, its sort of hard to figure out what you are doing for an airbox. Looks like it might need something like the stock SS airbox, with a lot of twisted ducting to get it to the front of the engine.

What do you have in mind for an airbox? Are there any "baffles" in the hood scoop, like there are on a stock SS or WS6 hood?

Finally, not really an "engine tech" issue.... so I'll move it to "General F-Body Tech".....
Old 05-25-2006, 08:16 PM

not the hood doesn't have baffles, its just an opening, i am making my own intake plate and mounting i am just concerned about the water really. The whole is about a few inches behind the tb so intake just has to wrap around and doesnt' have to go to the front. Also i have a k&n and i want an intake tat will sit up top like tat, wether it makes a difference or not cause i refuse to have a hood scoop that is not functional.. plus i travel on the highway usually at about 90 everyweekend or everyother weekend for a little over 300 miles home and back from school.