LS1 Based Engine Tech LS1 / LS6 / LS2 / LS3 / LS7 Engine Tech

GMMG

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 06:07 PM

Thumbs up GMMG

im not sure this is worth getting into again, but i was on vacation and missed the locked thread on the issue with GMMG that 2 people had. first off, i have set up 2 GP's for them and both were very successful, sold about 40 systems and had 1 problem, created by UPS, not GMMG. secondly they have no secretary there, the woman you spoke to is Laurie, and she handles much more then taking phone calls. thirdly, matt murphy, the owner of GMMG is an incredible guy. both he and laurie treated me and the GP guys perfectly. Yes, they are incredibly busy, and yes, they are very hard to get in touch with, and yes they arent set up for a lot of public sales (my invoice was #122 or something, not a lot of GMMG setups on non-GMMG cars out there), BUT they never did ANYTHING like ray66 and the other person were saying. i have had nothing but great experiences with them and will continue to set up GP's for them when the demand warrants. sorry about this thread administrators but it didnt fair for the thread to get locked before some us of GMMG supporters got to chime in.
brian
Old 09-02-2002, 06:42 PM

There's always two sides. Knowing Matt and Co. through business, I agree that he is a good guy. He really helped me out with some parts for my wrecked Firebird last week. These guys know their stuff and build awesome cars. Eventually GMMG could be an even bigger operation with an aftermarket side to the business. They just aren't there yet. And no matter what, no other exhaust screams like theirs.

------------------
Little red light on the highway; big green light on the speedway, hey,hey, hey!

2002 Formula, GMMG cat back /1983 Z28-sold
Old 09-02-2002, 07:17 PM

For those interested in the chambered exhaust. Let me ease your minds. GET IT. Everyone has an opinion but, there's no way you can go wrong w/ this exhaust. As for the company they are really nice people and try to go out of there way for everyone. The last GP everyone was complaning about was due to shipping problems,UPS related. Everyone got there exhaust and its definately worth it to wait to get the best.

------------------
Old 09-02-2002, 11:44 PM
Ray66

Arrow

I make no apologies for my post in another thread regarding GMMG. I have no reason to lie and I Personally don't enjoy speaking badly of anyone and frankly don't have the time. I was simply being honest regarding my experience in my phone calls to GMMG, no more no less. It was my opinion and take it as that. Matt Murphy is not a bad person nor is his employees or company but the way I was treated on the phone was bad service and not professional. GMMG is a very good, quality exhaust system and possibly the best on the market for the late model F-Bodies, however, polite interactive communication on the phone, a little more than a "yes" and "no" to my questions and a return phone call would be nice.

Old 09-02-2002, 11:54 PM

In May we were at the gathering in Atlanta, they had us there for a B-Q, they were some pretty cool people, probally caught them on a busy day.

------------------
Kurt, Sebring Silver mn6 2002 Z28,17"ZR-1 wheels,hurst billet shifterw/ Lou's short stick, clear corners, more to come, as does the cash
Old 09-03-2002, 05:51 AM

which is everyday......they are always overly busy....email seems to work best for me when i need to get in touch with them, that and patience, lol.
brian
Old 09-03-2002, 12:10 PM

I seem to have started an unfortunate difference of opinion in my GMMG topic and for that I do apologize. It was not my intent to stir up trouble, However, like Ray66, I do not apologize for what happens to be the truth. I was treated badly by them on the phone and there's just no excuse for that. I have worked in customer service for a good number of years and never, never been rude to even one customer. If I had talked over my customer, using the "f" word every other word and then put a long distance caller on hold and never returned to them I would not have had a job for long. I'm not saying they don't have a good product, I'm sure it's excellent, but quality customer service is a big part of the ball game. And if they don't wish to deal with a people on an individual basis then please let it be known on their website.

------------------
Rox

2001 Bright Rally Red SS Zaino-happy and would really like a Corsa sometime in this cosmic millennium
Old 09-03-2002, 04:16 PM

Arrow

Well besides someones obvious problems, I'll say this. I'll take the loudmouth at half the cost, that is the best system out there, can't beat the sound, no way, kicks ****...!

------------------
99 SS, Dark Metallic Blue, M6
SLP lid, KN, TBB, SLP Y-pipe, SLP loudmouth
ported MAFs, Nitto 315 DRs
Currently: 1/4 13.06@113.8 (gtech runs high in mph by about 4mph), 0-60 4.77 (w/passenger) Gtech'd
12.99@110.2, 2.06 60ft - Tazzo.
Also, 331 rwhp as measured on the Gtech
Old 09-03-2002, 04:54 PM

why do jealous loudmouth people always seem to chime in with unecessary comments like that? seems like every GMMG thread has a LM guy chiming in on how their system is superior, especially when it is far from it. enjoy your drone and rasp and try to stay on topic...im sorry you two guys had a bad experience with GMMG and all id ask is you give them another chance, they really are a great bunch of people.
brian
Old 09-03-2002, 08:52 PM

Question

PMJI, Brian, I'd be more impressed if one of the GMMG people were to come on here and address some of the concerns. As a lurker reading these posts, just the reported problems are enough to make me stay away from them. That is one of the uses I make of the entire web. Becoming a consumer strength community where we share experiences.
Yes, unfortunately, one bad experience reported on the web outweighs many good experiences. And multiple chiming in add exponentially. But isn't that the way it is in life. You may forgive one bad time in a store, twice makes you not want to go there and three consecutive bad experiences eliminate that store from the competition with your $$$. By being able to use other experiences, it allows me to see how the store/shop/company is performing today, not in last months sense.
If stress level has increased to the point where rudeness becomes the code of the day, customers being told that their needs come secondary to anything else, I start looking at signs of bankruptcy, or over work. Over work leads to shoddy performance by the workers. Both signs of business I want to avoid.

Just my $0.02.
Tony

------------------
2002 Z28 Onyx Black, A4, SLP Lid & K&N. More to come!
Old 09-04-2002, 05:53 AM

i agree tony. previous to these two people having complaints there were a couple guys i had on a 25 person GP i set up that had problems that both took it out on GMMG and not the real problem (UPS in this case), so i have seen people overreact and make snap judgements before. im just so surprised that they would be treated this way, as they've treated me perfectly, as well as others i talk to online. i have set up 2 GP's for them and would setup as many as they like as long as they keep asking, i wouldnt do this if i thought this was a bad operation or shoddy business.........
brian
brian
Old 09-04-2002, 08:20 AM

Arrow

Jealous..your kidding right..? I'm just amused at people who spend twice the money for a system that is nothing more than a glorified muffler. Whatever, everyone has their likes, still nothing can touch the LM for quality, price and performance.

------------------
99 SS, Dark Metallic Blue, M6
SLP lid, KN, TBB, SLP Y-pipe, SLP loudmouth
ported MAFs, Nitto 315 DRs
Currently: 1/4 13.06@113.8 (gtech runs high in mph by about 4mph), 0-60 4.77 (w/passenger) Gtech'd
12.99@110.2, 2.06 60ft - Tazzo.
Also, 331 rwhp as measured on the Gtech
Old 09-04-2002, 01:03 PM
Ray66

Thumbs up

GMMG made good with me and apologized.

I e-mailed GMMG and a "Laurie" responded promptly. I then spoke with her by phone and she was sincere in her apologies regarding my unfortunate phone conversations with GMMG. It appears I spoke with some mechanics when I called them.

[This message has been edited by Ray66 (edited September 04, 2002).]

Old 09-04-2002, 01:55 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Btchslp:
Jealous..your kidding right..? I'm just amused at people who spend twice the money for a system that is nothing more than a glorified muffler. Whatever, everyone has their likes, still nothing can touch the LM for quality, price and performance.

</font>

For those who like the sound of chambered exhuast, you can buy the LM and have the resonator replaced w/ a chambered muffler from here

http://www.sweet-thunder.com/chambered.htm#aluminum

and still save alot of money.

Old 09-04-2002, 08:02 PM
Admin Emeritus

Lightbulb

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LapeerZ28:
PMJI, Brian, I'd be more impressed if one of the GMMG people were to come on here and address some of the concerns.</font>
It is not their responsibility to have to go to a message board to defend themselves.

People who have a problem with them need to take it up with them instead of coming here to rip them up publicly. It takes just as long to e-mail them directly expressing the issues as it does to make a post here that might not be seen by them.

------------------
Jason Debler - Webmaster/Editor
CamaroZ28.Com * TurboBuick.Com * ChasingStanley.Com
2002 Camaro SS

[This message has been edited by JasonD (edited September 04, 2002).]

Quick Reply: GMMG