LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

11.4x or better all motor...who has done it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by Shon Herron
Russ, aka Greenbean, did it with his AI H/C car and it has some serious issues. 11.2@119.9ish, that could would have went close to 10s on a good day and no issues.

Do not know what the car will run after more work is completed.
Yeah, he has that low elevation track/good da advantage...plus track prep. Still the car is moving pretty good. What did he 60ft?
Old 05-04-2004, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by 1982z28with18s
Yeah, he has that low elevation track/good da advantage...plus track prep. Still the car is moving pretty good. What did he 60ft?
I do not know what the DA was on that trip but I think it went 1.5X 60'. And this was before the extra power CAM (Jeff C.) found in the tune.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:35 AM

I do not know what the DA was on that trip but I think it went 1.5X 60'. And this was before the extra power CAM (Jeff C.) found in the tune.
Yeah, I've heard soo many excuses about tuning/running bad from him before that I'm sick of it. Just get it running right and get some times.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:36 AM

I have to agree with that statement 1982.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:44 AM

Yeah, I've heard soo many excuses about tuning/running bad from him before that I'm sick of it. Just get it running right and get some times.
Not really excuses once you see what the problems are...about all the exhaust valves tapping the pistons and eventually a blown head gasket.

All that and still ran 119.5MPH, sounds stout to me.

Not sure how long the car will be down, what started out with replacing the bearings has become into.....
Old 05-04-2004, 10:50 AM

Not really excuses once you see what the problems are...about all the exhaust valves tapping the pistons and eventually a blown head gasket.

All that and still ran 119.5MPH, sounds stout to me.

Not sure how long the car will be down, what started out with replacing the bearings has become into.....
Thought it was 119.9, like state in your other post in this thread?

Anyway, its a stout car, but nothing spetacular like they try to make it seem. Clints car would've trapped 119+ with a 6 speed and he was running a pretty small cam compared to greenbean.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:56 AM

Times in the sig...car would run really low 11's high 10's with an NA converter and gears to run NA. Car pulled a 1.579 60ft off the t-brake cause the nitrous converter bogs it down on the motor. th400 trans
3650 raceweight

Matt
Old 05-04-2004, 11:04 AM

Originally posted by Nostang 96z
Times in the sig...car would run really low 11's high 10's with an NA converter and gears to run NA. Car pulled a 1.579 60ft off the t-brake cause the nitrous converter bogs it down on the motor. th400 trans
3650 raceweight

Matt
Nice times.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:07 AM

Thought it was 119.9, like state in your other post in this thread?

Anyway, its a stout car, but nothing spetacular like they try to make it seem. Clints car would've trapped 119+ with a 6 speed and he was running a pretty small cam compared to greenbean.
Sorry for the typo, I know it ran 119+, the comment was made that he ran more MPH than I did on 100shot, and I ran 119.5.

It may not be spectacular to you but I don't see too many N/A LT1s running that (low 11s with HRs and getting 25+MPG and able to drive anywhere). Granted, finally there are a few cars recently that have finally stepped up and made such runs (low 11s N/A).

And I give props to Clint but dont start this would have stuff. Clint runs what he does, so do I (just low 12s). I posted what Russ ran with issues. Not making excuses, just pointing out that the car was running very well for what was wrong with it.

Clint, I am not trying to pull you into this, 1982 pulled your name into the game.

It is about time these LTx motors started running good numbers. It just takes time, especially when all the R&D is going to LSx stuff. If the LTx market would have blown up like LSx stuff we could be much faster.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:18 AM

I agree with you Shon but alot of people talk like Russ's car is one of a kind but it's not. Sar2K's car ran 11.26@118.9mph auto with a loose converter. Tim's car ran 10.9X @125mph solid roller but if he swapped to HR it would run the same or better with newer technology. I seriously doubt any car that runs 11.50 or better gets 25+mpg but I really don't care either b/c isn't my DD and neither are any of the cars we are talking about b/c Russ and alot of others would stay in a Taxi cab or rental when the cars are broken. So when he runs 10's N/A HR and of a decent raceweight he will have a top notch 355" LT1 but until then hes still top ten at best.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:21 AM

Sorry to bring you into this Clint, and you also Shon Herron. I don't mean to start ****, I guess I'm just sick of him posting before about how his car running bad and still running this or that time/mph. I just don't see a reason to run a car over and over if its not running right. I remember him saying it would trap 120+mph next time out after fixing his problems and that was awhile ago. I just can't wait to see some of LE's heads/cam run very deep into the 11's or high 10's all motor. Nobody has run really ran a big custom cam from Lloyd with his heads yet. If all works out as planned, I'll be trying for 10's all motor with the LE3 package here soon, most likely with a 355 that'll be setup for nitrous.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:25 AM

Originally posted by T/A lt1
So when he runs 10's N/A HR and of a decent raceweight he will have a top notch 355" LT1 but until then hes still top ten at best.
So what is a decent race weight?

Top ten is still better than the rest of us wishing we were in the top 10.

And I will agree, Russ's car is not 'special' but it is more unique than most cars you see on here. As is yours and the others that are mentioned running lower 11s N/A.

What really impresses me is the mid 11s from a "210/220" cam that (is it?) Frank drives. (He is mentioned ealier.)
Old 05-04-2004, 11:33 AM

You are correct and Frank runs 11.40's with no headwork. That is my point Russ's engine isn't any better than any of the guys on here but he and a few others act like his head/cam setup is far superior but it has yet to run superior #'s. It's not just HP that makes cars quick. It's power, weight, gearing, traction, torque converter/clutch and combination. Thats my point not just one or two of the above either.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:36 AM

Sorry to bring you into this Clint, and you also Shon Herron. I don't mean to start ****, I guess I'm just sick of him posting before about how his car running bad and still running this or that time/mph. I just don't see a reason to run a car over and over if its not running right. I remember him saying it would trap 120+mph next time out after fixing his problems and that was awhile ago. I just can't wait to see some of LE's heads/cam run very deep into the 11's or high 10's all motor. Nobody has run really ran a big custom cam from Lloyd with his heads yet. If all works out as planned, I'll be trying for 10's all motor with the LE3 package here soon, most likely with a 355 that'll be setup for nitrous.
I agree, I want to see more set ups in the 11/10s, and LE right now is about the only other place I know that is trying. Joe O might would have had a chance but this board pissed him off (from what I can tell and there may be more to the story...). All the BIG shops that have the capability to due the testing have jumped ship from us LTx users. Yeah, Thunder put SAR's car together and I am glad, just wish there were others. And maybe there are some in the works, i just wish they would get out and run!!

I will say Russ can run the mouth, he always has but his car backed up the number and the reason he kept running it was b/c we were trying to find the problem. He did some things and kept trying and testing the car at the track is the best place in my opinion. We had all intentions of running 120+ Feb 28th but I get a call from him that AM while waiting on him that the car has overheated and the head gasket is gone. He had preplaced the springs which I thought was the problem but never got to test it. And I can say that it probably would have run the number that day b/c mine was running 12.0s and went an 11.96, the DA was
-550 to -250, good air helps alot!!

The places/people reading this that can produce cam designs and heads to get us 355s into the 10s N/A, lets hear from you!!

And I do think LE has a good chance, I have been waiting to see it!!
Old 05-04-2004, 11:39 AM

Originally posted by T/A lt1
You are correct and Frank runs 11.40's with no headwork. That is my point Russ's engine isn't any better than any of the guys on here but he and a few others act like his head/cam setup is far superior but it has yet to run superior #'s. It's not just HP that makes cars quick. It's power, weight, gearing, traction, torque converter/clutch and combination. Thats my point not just one or two of the above either.
He cant run the number yet. Motor is down.
Some one step up and show me and others they have a bad *** car. I have tried to tell people locally that Russ's car is not that special but it does flat out run very well. There is always someone faster. That is a given.

Quick Reply: 11.4x or better all motor...who has done it?