LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

149$ ebay opti review/teardown with pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 05:12 AM

Still running mine. About 4+ months and 1500+ miles.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:01 PM

Mine just died with about 400 miles on it. Damn cheap ****.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:01 PM

two bad ones.

I got one (All Ignition) earlier this year and it left me stranded after 300 miles. Sent it back and they sent a replacement but my mechanic could not plug it in because the tabs in the connector were bent. He told me it was NOT a true AC/Delco unit. Sent it back again for a refund but haven't received it yet. My mechanic put in a stock GM unit and I've had no problems with it since, plus it cleared up a slight bog on takeoff.

It really taught me a lesson about going cheap on certain parts. The towing fee alone cost more than the savings from not going with the GM part, plus my time and effort.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:10 PM

people all thought I was full of **** when I told them he was a scammer. Glad it's all starting to come around.

He does advertise a lifetime warranty though contact him on that
Old 12-03-2007, 12:38 PM

Smile

Four(4) months and about 1200 miles on mine.....and it's still working well.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:47 PM

Mine is still going but i am getting a hickup at around 2500. It happens once every other time i drive it. But i don't know if that is the optis fault or a wire.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:12 PM

i GOT ONE ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO AND WITH ABOUT 300 MILES IT IS RUNNING GOOD.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:00 AM

I'm out of the game. Car is wrecked.

But... the opti did have around 2K miles on it and was ok.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:22 AM

i bought a opti from this all ignition company, put it on and the car drove like crap. i tried to drive it to work and it got so bad that i could not go any higher than 1500rpms without the car feeling like it was about to blow. i ended up having to get the car towed home. so i called the company and the guy tells me that i have to take it off and send it back so they can look at it. said for me to put my old one back on an see if it runs better (which i did and it did run better) and if it did, once they checked the old one they would send me a new one. at this point I'm wondering if he knows how much it sucks to changed this thing out!!

well i tell the guy i just want my $$$ back and he tells me that i cant get a refund once its installed.... HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW IF ITS BAD IF I DONT INSTALL IT!!?? so i send it back an they don't answer any of my emails or phone calls for a month. finally i send him an email saying something like "tried to contact with no response.... i know you got the package from tracking it... give me all my money back or I'm filling a lawsuit, calling the better business bureau, and filling complaints with ebay and paypal!!!

no joke i had a full refund within 2 hours of sending that email. rediculous at what you have to do to get your point across sometimes.

also the opti that was on my car before the all ignition one was from thepartsladie. that same opti is back on the car with the accell cap an rotor right now and is working fine.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:41 PM

Dang, I wished I would have searched this before I bought one. I put my on and didnt even get 20 miles out of it and its throwing code DTC 36. I am going to do the same thing and get ill and see if I can get my money back.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by scottso
I'm out of the game. Car is wrecked.

But... the opti did have around 2K miles on it and was ok.
dude that sucks.

happened to me twice.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:52 AM

God knows I'm not gonna defend the guy.

But the results here certainly don't reflect the same results in the seller's feedback. I would have thought there would have been a higher percentage of negative feedback over the last 3 months. But, there has been none in the last 3 months or so.

The number of failures as posted here does concern me. I have one of those distributors awaiting installation. I just thought it odd that similar feedback was not reflected through eBay.

I acknowledge that many eBay buyers probably leave feedback BEFORE actually using the item they purchase. But not all.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:27 AM

I have been running the allignition opti portion for 6months or so without a single problem, on a daily driven H/C LT1. It has seem quite a few miles already.

I am using the MSD cap/rotor w/ their distributer portion, not the OEM style that it comes with.

To those that had problems - were the vac lines hooked up? Installed correctly? Did the water pump leak on it during install?

I just have a hard time imagining that the same part from the same vendor can run for ages without a single problem while others say it was bad from day 1 or only lasted 300 miles. Leads me to think of installation/user error, but who am I to question anothers mechanical prowess

Seems as if I am in the minority, but I have not had a single problem yet *knocks on wood*.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:35 PM

No problems to report

I'm happy to report that the opti All Ignition sold me has been running strong for the last 7 months....no problems what so ever. Best part is...they gave me an OEM brown cap with the distributor not the aftermarket black cap. And i'm positive it is an original as it did have the GM part # stamped into the housing. Closest price i've found on the same OEM unit with the same OEM cap was at least 120.00 more...thier aces in my book.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by <Puck>
To those that had problems - were the vac lines hooked up? Installed correctly? Did the water pump leak on it during install?

I just have a hard time imagining that the same part from the same vendor can run for ages without a single problem while others say it was bad from day 1 or only lasted 300 miles. Leads me to think of installation/user error, but who am I to question anothers mechanical prowess

Seems as if I am in the minority, but I have not had a single problem yet *knocks on wood*.
FWIW, the first one I installed myself and it ran perfect at first then quit at almost 300 miles, most of which were straight freeway miles. Took it to the mechanic and he said I did a good job on the install, it was just the opti "went bad".

Second one was installed by a GOOD LT1 mechanic. Same thing. Again he warned about using a non-AC/Delco part. He put on a AC/Delco one and no probs since AND it ran better than the eBay one.

Originally Posted by mitchntx
I acknowledge that many eBay buyers probably leave feedback BEFORE actually using the item they purchase. But not all.
EXACTLY. As I stated above, I thought mine was fine - until it went out 300 miles later. They usually will last for a while, long enough for people to THINK it's fine. You can't retract a rating as far as I know.

Quick Reply: 149$ ebay opti review/teardown with pics