LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

149$ ebay opti review/teardown with pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 01:04 AM

Well mine blew apart again even after using loctite. I just got a new one from the partsladi. Gonna put it on this week. I hope it gives me alot of trouble free miles. Guess I'm just out over $150 for the all ignition piece of junk.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:11 PM

Sorry to hear that all ignition did not work out for most of you.

I just ordered my 2nd vented opti from the PARTSLADI. While, I've yet to have anl opti problem with my cars. I installed a new opti from the PARTSLADI in my corvette a little more than two years ago (about 25K miles ago) during a head cam swap and the original 65K or so OPTI was still working fine it was just an OH BUY the Way. Like an idiot I sold it on ebay instead of keeping it.

On my Impala SS the 145K Opti is still kicking. It had an ignition issue when I bought it from the original owner but plugs and wires squared it away.

However, with all the counterfeit substandard crap out there; I decided to put a DELPHI OPTI on the shelf for if/when I need one.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by aboatguy
Sorry to hear that all ignition did not work out for most of you.

I just ordered my 2nd vented opti from the PARTSLADI. While, I've yet to have anl opti problem with my cars. I installed a new opti from the PARTSLADI in my corvette a little more than two years ago (about 25K miles ago) during a head cam swap and the original 65K or so OPTI was still working fine it was just an OH BUY the Way. Like an idiot I sold it on ebay instead of keeping it.

On my Impala SS the 145K Opti is still kicking. It had an ignition issue when I bought it from the original owner but plugs and wires squared it away.

However, with all the counterfeit substandard crap out there; I decided to put a DELPHI OPTI on the shelf for if/when I need one.
So thepartsladi opti is still running strong?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:26 PM

opti

turns out after taking mine off and disassembling it this time, my loctite held the screws in. The rotor button just shattered, im guessing the conductor fell off and caused this. My distributor from all ignition may be ok might have got by with putting a good cap and rotor button on. I didnt chance it, but the part number on it and the new partsladi distributor are both the same.

I opened up my new delphi from the partsladi to check the screws on the rotor, and was able to remove them with just the torx bit and no ratchet. I'm going to put loctite on them going back in. Also I'm going to do the rivet mod to hold the conductor on. I might even use rtv on the cap to seal it. I really dont wanna be messing with opti's again for awhile.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by mitchntx
I returned mine as well, after an e-mail from the vendor. I have documentation that it was recieved and signed for.

I'll let it sit for a week or so and then ask WTF?
Just to close my chapter in this drama ... It took a couple weeks, but I did get a refund.

My partsladi opti with the MSD cap and rotor have been flawless during a full season of road racing ...
Old 08-07-2008, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by mitchntx
Just to close my chapter in this drama ... It took a couple weeks, but I did get a refund.

My partsladi opti with the MSD cap and rotor have been flawless during a full season of road racing ...
That's pretty good. It took almost a year and a bunch of letters to get my refund from All Ignition. But I still lost on the shipping costs.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:28 PM

Any updates on these optis from All-Ignition? I hear they have a new model out called dragonfire. I just recommended to someone to stay the hell away.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:32 AM

Do you guys know you can just buy a new optical sensor, cap, and rotor, and your stock one will be fine?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:23 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jclark311
Do you guys know you can just buy a new optical sensor, cap, and rotor, and your stock one will be fine?
No, this is news to me! I know you can get several Opti re-build "kits" that just include a new cap and rotor, but .......... I've never seen one of these "kits" that had the optical sensor too.

Take me to school on this ...... where can we get Optispark optical sensors from?