LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

2 thumbs and toes up for Bryan at PCMforless

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 12:12 PM

Wink 2 thumbs and toes up for Bryan at PCMforless

Met Bryan Friday at the hotel where he was staying here in Dallas for his dyno-and-tune day the following day. Awesome guy to deal with . We got in the car and off we went. He bumped my idle up by a 100 or so, had a little false knock so he knocked off 1 degree of timing to eliminate that. Fixed my shift-points and everything rides smooth and dandy!!!! I would refer him to anyone that needs tuning done. He is just a great guy to deal with and KNOWS what he is talking about. I cant tell ya what he charged me, but lets just say "GET YOUR TUNING FROM HIM!"

to Bryan

-Mike
Old 05-28-2003, 12:36 PM

i dont agree.

But i am glad you are happy with him.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:06 PM

I was very pleased with my programming as well.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:13 PM

EV, why dont you agree, what happened?
Old 05-28-2003, 01:41 PM

Not that I don’t want to answer, it's just that my hands are tired.
I don’t want a fight. All I want is to be able to voice my opinion. If you are pleased, good, I don’t want to walk on that. But just because you don’t think anything is wrong doesn’t mean that there isn’t!

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...hreadid=125471

In My opinion. There are two ways to do ANYTHING: The right way & the wrong way. Maybe for you, this was the right way. But for me, I think when I do my own tunes, it is the right way because that way. I know.

In the immortal words of a good friend: There are those KNOW, and those WHO DONT CARE!

No More True Words.

Last edited by EvlViln; 05-28-2003 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:49 PM

I do not in any way want a fight, I just asked what happened on your part? I guess I could of asked the pro's and con's of his tuning..... I just cant see Bryan not caring after all of these positive votes for him... but anyways... it's your opinion

-Mike
Old 05-28-2003, 01:59 PM

There are pro's & con's to everything in life. I am just one of those people who wants control over what the car is doing. And leaving that up to a guy most will never meet, and a guy who has never even seen 2% of the cars he's tuned? That's just no for me. Tuning your car is not as hard as it has been made out to be. I don’t seek to Flame, I seek to educate the masses of the true power & potential that lies under their hood. Tuning doesn’t create power; it releases power that is not properly being utilized. It's not about power it's about efficiency.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:01 PM
Banned

Originally posted by EvlViln
Not that I don’t want to answer, it's just that my hands are tired.
I don’t want a fight. All I want is to be able to voice my opinion. If you are pleased, good, I don’t want to walk on that. But just because you don’t think anything is wrong doesn’t mean that there isn’t!

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...hreadid=125471

In My opinion. There are two ways to do ANYTHING: The right way & the wrong way. Maybe for you, this was the right way. But for me, I think when I do my own tunes, it is the right way because that way. I know.

In the immortal words of a good friend: There are those KNOW, and those WHO DONT CARE!

No More True Words.
Here is a quote from one of your posts in that other thread.

Bryan Herder uses things that are (IMOP) seekey and wrong . (I really dont want to get into it, because there are some people on this board that are so in love with him that they would kill to keep his name clean, and that is a fight i really dont want to have)
So is there any info, besides the dynotune incident you mentioned in another post, that would go against Bryan?

If so, please post em up instead of avoiding it
Old 05-28-2003, 02:07 PM

I had my car street tuned by Bryan personally. I had him tune it on the conservative side so I can drive the car everyday till I up the boost and take the car to a dyno and have him dyno tune it with Wide Band O2 sensors so I can make more power but still be some what safe.

I have heard horror stories about guys having trouble tuning/idleing/and cruising with 50# injectors. After Bryan's Tune, you could hardly tell that I had anything done to my car (see sig for full details). Bryan took his time and addressed every issue that would possible come up, answered all of my questions and told me he would make any additional changes for free and send them on email to me. All this and he charged me well below under 200 bucks. The guy REALLY Does Know his stuff (In MY Opinion) and does take his time to correct any issues if they arise and does offer great support after you had done business with him. All for a rediculously cheap price.

I do agree with you on one thing though, On a car like mine with boost and 50# injectors, blower, bigger cubes..etc. I would never do mail order tuning but If I just had intake, exhaust and a popular cam, (For the price) I would Definetly give Bryan a call and at least try the mail order tuning.

My 2 Cents
Claude

Last edited by 95 Silver TA; 05-28-2003 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:24 PM

I think the mail-order is a great idea. The whole point for him to correct anything that you do not agree with after he did the tune in the first place. People are saying...... not every car will react or run the same... true, thats why you can get him to re-do it and send it to you. Anything can be fixed, right or wrong? I was lucky and caught him while he was in Dallas and was able to ride with me and tune it and correct anything that wasn't right

-Mike
Old 05-28-2003, 02:39 PM

I have said all that I feel I have to say about this topic. I do not require you to believe what I believe. And as long as we are quoting me:

I could be wrong (for all of those Nay Sayers that Inevitably Come around). THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!
And

(I really dont want to get into it, because there are some people on this board that are so in love with him that they would kill to keep his name clean, and that is a fight i really dont want to have) Tune the car yourself.
And in regards to the popular Mods & Mail order:

I have the exact same car as a friend of mine, and his has WAY different issues than mine. (IMOP) NO TWO cars a alike, regardless of the mods. They dont live the same life, and they dont die the same way.
Knowledge it Power! Take the Power Back!
Old 05-28-2003, 03:01 PM

Here's another 2 thumbs up.

Had Brian tune for hot cam, car has never run better.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:09 PM
Banned

Originally posted by EvlViln
I have said all that I feel I have to say about this topic. I do not require you to believe what I believe. And as long as we are quoting me:

And

And in regards to the popular Mods & Mail order:

Knowledge it Power! Take the Power Back!
Blowing smoke
Old 05-28-2003, 03:09 PM

I haven't seen anything posted about your tuning EV, so I am pretty sure that Bryan is at least doing the same as you if not better since SO many people give a thumbs up for him. Get some
positive results on here and maybe you will get some responses He must be doing pretty damn well to make this his fulll-time job. Imagine that
Old 05-28-2003, 03:44 PM

EvlViln-
I completely agree with you that tuning the ECM yourself is definitely better than a mail order tune, but not everyone can afford to buy a laptop, the cable, and programming and datalogging software when it's cheap and easy to get a file from Byran or someone who contributes to this board like madz28.
Rather than give reasons why you feel Bryan isn't a good tuner, you'd rather knock him and tell everyone that he isn't good at what he does.
And for the example that you gave of the people that flew him out to tune their car, Bryan shouldn't have to look under the hood for anything. If someone is willing to fly me out to tune their car while it's on the dyno, the last thing that I'm worried about is whether or not they took the time to make sure they didn't have any exhaust leaks and that a plug wire wasn't laying across a header. That's pretty weak.

I'm not arguing with you but I don't think it's right of you to flame someone who isn't here to defend himself. Have you talked about your issues with Bryan directly to him?

Quick Reply: 2 thumbs and toes up for Bryan at PCMforless