LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

355 LE Dyno tune this Friday...Guess my numbers

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by mdacton
maybe, hard to say without knowing exactly what we are working with.....so thats why I say just get it from the horses mouth.

If the springs have been floating, chances are they are shot anyway.....But then again I have never really used beehives on my personnal stuff or anything I have worked on.
Lobe 3192 in comps lobe catalog.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Lobe **** in comps lobe catalog.

awwwww.thats top secret mista

Anyway, I don't know that much about it or how to deal with it so......I'm going to shut up
Old 03-30-2008, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by mdacton
awwwww.thats top secret mista

Anyway, I don't know that much about it or how to deal with it so......I'm going to shut up
No one ever told me I had to keep the cam specs secret when I bought the cam. The one above it is the lobe on the cc503, compare the difference from .050 to .200 to get an idea of how aggressive it is.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:13 PM

Damn this thread is on fire.
Thanks for all the help guys.

Would changing from 1.6 ratio RR's to 1.5 ratio RR's help any with valve control as it relates to the fast ramps?? I am thinking the answer is no. I plan on contacting Brett tomorrow.

Last edited by wrd1972; 03-30-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:27 PM

wasn't trying to ruin the thread. just making an observation. post has been deleted.

wanna race?
Old 03-30-2008, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by SS RRR
wasn't trying to ruin the thread. just making an observation. post has been deleted.

wanna race?
Troll much?
Old 03-30-2008, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by dangalla
i dont think that is him, and even if it was why do you want to ruin this thread with that childish crap. its like your not happy unless your ruining someones thread
It's pretty obvious its him, he only posts in le/bre threads, he has a NY email address, he couldn't resist responding to ssimpstr, ect. I'm sure if the mods wanted him gone he would be banned.

Anyway, back on topic, hopefully you can get the valvefloat figured out. I don't see the heavier 921's doing anything. I'de try to contact someone knowledgable at comp and ask what spring to use with the lobe I posted. Or maybe someone at cam motion or another high end cam company can help you out. Don't just randomly throw parts/springs at this and hope you fix it. And valvefloat will destroy parts so make sure you don't get up in that area until its fixed.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:04 PM

I'de try to contact someone knowledgable at comp and ask what spring to use with the lobe I posted.
The problem with that though is Comp will grind WHATEVER you want. They don't question anything. You want vertical ramps on a square nose? So be it. Therefore it may be a challenge for Comp to come up with a reasonable answer as to what spring to use on a "custom grind" camshaft. They might go with the default "behive" answer. Probably worth a shot. I'd be curious to see what they say...
Old 03-30-2008, 08:05 PM

The problem with that though is Comp will grind WHATEVER you want. They don't question anything. You want vertical ramps on a square nose? So be it. Therefore it may be a challenge for Comp to come up with a reasonable answer as to what spring to use on a "custom grind" camshaft. They might go with the default "behive" answer. Probably worth a shot. I'd be curious to see what they say...
+1, thats why I could try to contact someone at cam motion or some other big well known cam company. Just throwing parts at this problem will waste $$ and end up costing more in the longrun compared to fixing it right the first time.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:21 PM

not only that but from what i hear there technical assistance is horrible to say the least, i have read many threads on this lately. i would avoid them.

like speed demon said maybe call another cam company and maybe they will be nice enough to help you out with this
Old 03-30-2008, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by wrd1972
Still waiting for the tuner to email them to me, I am chomping at the bit to get them posted.

My chart looks near identical to this one (BLUE LINE) but mine drops at 6K::

Again this is NOT my chart but mine looks near identical to this guy who has the exact same problem.
My small Joe O. cam (slightly aggressive lobes) had the same problem with the Comp 987 springs. Like yours, the rpms fell sharply at 6k. I had the springs replaced with the older style 918s which had almost the same identical open and closed pressure and it solved the problem. The graph then looked like the smoother red line being shown. It still peaked at 6k, at the same HP but had that nice smooth drop in rpm to 6500.
If I were you, I would move to the next step up (spring pressure) with the beehives. Good luck and put a set off LTs on it, when you get the chance.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:16 PM

Lobe 3192 in comps lobe catalog.
I'm running a Comp Cams custom grind 3192/3194 224/230 605/622 (1.6) with an early set of 918's installed at 1.80", without a problem.

Bret did look at this camshaft in another thread and recommend 1.5 rockers on the exhaust side.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:26 PM

Well I did call Comp and gave they all the information on my cam and they said that the PAC Springs that I had was not strong enough for that Cam and they recommend some other spring that they has that had alot more pressure, I can not remember which one it was right not at all......
Old 03-30-2008, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by black96z28
Well I did call Comp and gave they all the information on my cam and they said that the PAC Springs that I had was not strong enough for that Cam and they recommend some other spring that they has that had alot more pressure, I can not remember which one it was right not at all......

again i would be carefull what information you take from them, your problem is obviously the fact that your pushrods are way to long, you should change that first before you switch springs. and you should keep your information in your thread so people dont get confused about what is going on here
Old 03-31-2008, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by dangalla
again i would be carefull what information you take from them, your problem is obviously the fact that your pushrods are way to long, you should change that first before you switch springs. and you should keep your information in your thread so people dont get confused about what is going on here
The sweep has been checked on the pushrods, my installer doesn't seem to think that is the problem.....

Bill and I are having the same problem and have discussed this on this board and on kyhorsepower, so this thread is ok, because I was letting him know that I was having the same problem, his car was tuned by the same guy that tuned mine and on the same dyno, out graphs are almost identical so we are trying to figure this out.........but when I install the new springs if my pushrods are indeed to long then they will be changed too, I have taken in out feedback from everyone and have taken notes, believe me we want this fixed.........

Quick Reply: 355 LE Dyno tune this Friday...Guess my numbers