LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

700E Mega Raptor is on order :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 10:51 AM

700E Mega Raptor is on order :)

After reading the web page that www.transmissioncenter.net has I was confident they had a product the will hold up to the abuse that my 383 Stroker will throw at it. The customer service was top notch. He explained everything about the Tranny and what was needed or in my case not needed for my HP and TQ. He will not try and sell you the gold if all you need is the silver. I went aheah and got all the bells and whistles just to keep my options open for any power adders. The tranny comes with the cooler and a T-shirt and they will cover $110.00 of the freight. I couldn't ask for a better deal. I will post results when I install the Tranny and motor.
I like to give the shop an ata-boy for what I ave seen so far. Check it out of your in the market for a High Performance Tranny. James
Old 02-20-2003, 11:03 AM

sounds like a badass transmission setup!

prices seem fair also.

Last edited by got_hp?; 03-12-2003 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-20-2003, 11:41 AM

So how much did you end up paying?

How well is it holding up?
Old 02-20-2003, 01:22 PM

I paid $2495.00. That was with all the bells and whistles shipping and fluid. I got the T-shirt and the cooler "free."

Grip I may have a question or 2 for you in the near future.
Old 02-20-2003, 02:11 PM

Sure.

I'm on MSN and ICQ as well

DesiZ28@hotmail.com

Old 02-26-2003, 10:00 AM

The Transmision arrived yesterday as promised. I would of had it a day earlyer if they delivered on Monday but they had to call to make an appointment first.

So far I am more than pleased. The Tranny was shipped in a well built crate. It had the fluid a torque converter and the Hayden Tranny cooler. The tranny looks like the picture online. I looked it over and the order so far was correct. I asked about the locking dip stick since it was not in the box and they said it was overlooked but would get sent out ups. today. This place is all over it! The customer service is out standing. I really like dealing with them. It has always been a pleasure to call, unlike some shops.

I removed the tail housing off the old tranny and preped it to go on the new one. I also swaped the shifter lever that the cable connects to. I asked why the tail housing didn't come and they said it was to keep the gears the same by using your stock tail housing. Made sence to me.

Last but not least the T shirt was way cooler than it loks online. It is NOT a glued on picture or hot iron like others. This thing has the logo sewed on to the T shirt. It looks cool and I can't wait to wear it while driving my car.

I don't know weather to install the tranny now or wait for the motor. I still have exhaust to install and weld in some sub fram connectors and Torque arm relocation bracket. I can't wait to finish this project.

I was surprised to get a Torque converter with my order sime I told them I have a new Yank in the closet.

This was the Best $2495. I have spent so far. I'll let you all know if that ever changes.

Performance Automotive and transmision Center
1 888 877-1008 or 1 318 742 7754
www.partshp.com or www.transmissioncenter.net
700E Mega Raptor
Old 02-26-2003, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by supermo26
Last but not least the T shirt was way cooler than it loks online. It is NOT a glued on picture or hot iron like others. This thing has the logo sewed on to the T shirt. It looks cool and I can't wait to wear it while driving my car.

Ummm, that's cool if you really feel that way. I guess. But this sounds an awful lot like a commercial

Jason
Old 02-26-2003, 01:50 PM

Tell you the truth. I don't know these people personally. I don't kow if this tranny will hold up to what they say but I do feel it will do what they say. I am just trying to give people some options. I was lucky to find this set up so far and I'd like other to look into it if they need a Tranny.

As for the T- shirt I was thinking it would be a lame shirt that I'd toss in the backof the closet and never wear but I was dead wrong. I really like the shirt. Again I was letting people know what my experiances with this company has been like. I don't care if you spend your money here or there because it your money and I won't see a dime either way. I don't want you spend your money on a bad product because your options are limited. I want people to have some input and out put before they buy Because thats what I want to see before I buy a part.
I'm even asking now what a good radiator is because I don't have any experiances with either company.

I feel it is better for the board to post experiances with places to prevent other from dealing with lame shops. So far my experiance has been great with PATC. That's all I can say
Old 02-27-2003, 04:54 PM

Hey man you need to let me know how it works out. I am planning on building a naturally aspirated 383 and shooting for at least 400 rwhp. Maybe nitrous or supercharger after a while. I was thinking I was going to end up with changing to a th400 or th350. Right now I need the overdrive. Im a college boy and maybe going to get into the military so I can get more funds for my project and college or whatever. But if this transmission can take it I wouldnt mind it. Also why did u get another converter when you already had one? What is your setup on your 383? Id apreciate it if you would tell me how its doing after you get it in and run it at teh strip. Especially after some miles and a decent number of passes.

93 trans am
LT1 A4 3.73 gears
Moroso CAI, air foil
Soon to come........more bolt ons and wahoo hopefully a 383 if funds allow
Old 02-27-2003, 05:12 PM

Wow I'd get it just for the t-shirt jk thats not a bad price at all considering it includes the torque converter. Keep us posted on how it turns out.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:44 AM

I told them I had a converter and they said that was fine since it does NOT come with one anyways. Well they threw one in on me or I would of rather not pay the $230.00 for it.

I will post results.

What brance of the Military? I am USAF and I love it. If you need some honest truth about the service I can help you out. I have been in for 5 years now and worked with Army and Navy and Marines. We were all stuck on a small island of Okinawa Japan.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:26 PM

what branch?

Well honestly I dont know what branch. Im not sure what I wanna do right now. Im in my second semester of college and I have no earthly idea what I really wanna do for the rest of my life. So I am not sure if I wanna get a degree in somethign that I end up not doing.

Im thinking maybe starting out just part time in the like the reserves. So I can maybe do some more college for a lil bit. One of my friends gets back June from basics in air force reserves. Im not sure what I'd wanna do in the military. In a way I wanna maybe see some action of some kind. I know that sounds weird but I dont know why for sure. My dad is retired air force, and I have relatives retired from almost every branch, except for special units and the seals. Well maybe you might be able to help me. I would appreciate any help you can give.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:46 AM

Before I would buy from this company, I would suggest everyone check the Louisianna Better Business Bureau. You will know what I mean.

I do not mean ro rain down on your new investment, but they screwed me and two others of my friends out of $2000 EACH. Horrible company, horrible product.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:59 PM

What was your experiance with the company? What was the product? What all was wrong? Thanks
Old 03-12-2003, 01:06 PM

First you buy the trans and the 6 month warranty starts the minute they hang up the phone. It takes two weeks to get it.

I bought the 4l60e Raptor and my friend bought the 700R-4 Raptor. I was able to use mine for one month while my friends lasted two weeks. Mine was shipped back and forth to them four times (keep in mind it takes one week for them to get it, 3 days to rebuild it, and another week to get it back). So four times back and forth (shipping alone) adds up to 10 weeks of the warranty wasted. d they never got it right. They fixed the first time but when I got it back the damn thing clunked bad on the downshifts. So I sent it back. When I got it again, the clutches burnt up in a week. Sent it back to them, when I got it back the pump leaked extremely bad, sent it back again. Got it back and the damn thing would not upshift. Went to send it back again and they said the warranty was expired and there was nothing more they could help me on.

I took it to a local shop and they built it for me for another $1800.00. When I inspected the old parts, I had ordered the upgraded 13 vane pump, not in there, the HD sprags, not in there, the additional clutches, not in there.

They did not want to deal with me any further. I basically fell in to their advertising lure. They advertised something on their webpage and I bought it. What I was sold was something else. I put a max of 500 miles on this trans. I filed a complaint with a Louisianna BBB, come to find out that they have 40-50 complaints against them and not one was ever responded to. It has been 9 months and have come to the realization that thet stole money from me.

As far as my friends trans goes, his was sent back 8 times and with the same result.

This place sells an advertised built unit and they do not even have a trans dyno. They put it together and HOPE it works. They think that because they have a written warranty that they can get away with this. Build it, pray, wait six months, we just stole $2000.00.

I wish I could get more people who have had negative experience with them to come forward. The only way I can get my money back is by way of a class action suit.

Quick Reply: 700E Mega Raptor is on order :)