LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

93 LT1 Intake Vacuum Set Up. Can I Block them Off?, What are They?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:38 PM

93 LT1 Intake Vacuum Set Up. Can I Block them Off?, What are They?

Hey Im getting to the point of install on my stroker project and was wondering a couple things.. I did the egr delete and block off so can I just get a solit bolt and put in the spot of the nipple??I think the top port is vacuum for the breaks right? then I have a question about a loop in my intake. i believe one is supose to go to a valve cover idk i attached a pic.. also on the other side of the intake i know the bottom goes to my fuel rail, and i beleive the top one goes to hvac??

IDK if it matters but I did a egr delete, evap delete, cat delete, smog delete, oil heater/cooler delete and tons more..

I posted a pic but idk if it posted or not.. im also going to stick it in my photo album just incase it doesent post!!
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-16-2011, 10:45 PM

Re: 93 LT1 Intake Vacuum Set Up. Can I Block them Off?, What are They?

Originally Posted by Wicked94z28
Hey Im getting to the point of install on my stroker project and was wondering a couple things.. I did the egr delete and block off so can I just get a solit bolt and put in the spot of the nipple??I think the top port is vacuum for the breaks right? then I have a question about a loop in my intake. i believe one is supose to go to a valve cover idk i attached a pic.. also on the other side of the intake i know the bottom goes to my fuel rail, and i beleive the top one goes to hvac??

IDK if it matters but I did a egr delete, evap delete, cat delete, smog delete, oil heater/cooler delete and tons more..

I posted a pic but idk if it posted or not.. im also going to stick it in my photo album just incase it doesent post!!
You could use a pipe plug, or easier just slip on a vacuum cap (like $2 at the parts store). The top port is for the vacuum supply for the power brakes, but I don't see the fitting in your manifold for it. None of the lines go to the valve covers from the intake manifold. The only line that comes from the valve cover is on the passenger side and attaches to the throttle body.

The other side you are correct - one is for the HVAC and the other is for the FPR.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:49 PM

The brakes line is above and to the right of the nub in the pic.. I have chrome bolt that fits in the egr nipple spot but diddent know if i could just screw it in.. and do i just leave the hose alone then??
Old 02-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Administrator

I'm assuming by "loop" you mean the 180-degree bend. That connects the PCV valve (pushed into grommet on the front end of the bend) to the intake manifold plenum. That was a 93/94 hookup. 95-97 use a different arrangement.