LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

93 LT1 Pulse Error - Dealership has 'no clue'

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 01:13 PM

Re: 93 LT1 Pulse Error - Dealership has 'no clue'

I just received an update from the dealership...I think they are getting a little irritated by me as I have been printing out all of your feedback thus far and faxed it to the service manager...

Anyhow...they inspected the wiring harness and have found 'gaps' in the connectors that may indicate bad connections. They are tooling around with it now; hopefully the harness is the issue as it is a more affordable solution.

In regards the the distributor unit that I had the previous mechanic put on last month, the part number was 10457702. According to a previous poster I am assuming that this included the cap, rotor, and Optispark (the mechanic says it did)...is this correct? If not...what is the part number for the Optispark unit?

Thanks again for all of your feedback...hopefully the Z will hit the pavement again this week.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:23 PM

That is the entire Optispark, and it is the correct one for your year. If that is the case, then I am almost positive it is your wiring harness.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:26 PM

I went through 3 new opti's before I got a good one, and I had the same error on 2, hi res failure, on the other 1 I got a high and low res failure(with both of the those the car will shut off, mine did in a curve at 50mph)

so just because it was new doesn't mean it's a good part,

but also check the wiring to the opti, that can go bad also.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:37 PM

Got the car back yesterday...they (dealersip) reported that several of the wiring harness connectors had "gaps" and could not possibly be making solid connections.

They replaced all the connectors on the PCM end and their 'Corvette mechanic' took it home and put 70 miles on it as a road test. I've put an additional 30 on today...seems like the problem is resolved.

Thanks for all of your help...I'm sure the dealership thanks you too as I constantly forwarded all your posts to them...probably drove them crazy.

Thanks again...this is a great forum with a good group of Z enthusiasts.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by guruerror
Got the car back yesterday...they (dealersip) reported that several of the wiring harness connectors had "gaps" and could not possibly be making solid connections.

They replaced all the connectors on the PCM end and their 'Corvette mechanic' took it home and put 70 miles on it as a road test. I've put an additional 30 on today...seems like the problem is resolved.

Thanks for all of your help...I'm sure the dealership thanks you too as I constantly forwarded all your posts to them...probably drove them crazy.

Thanks again...this is a great forum with a good group of Z enthusiasts.
I'm sure they enjoyed my comments.