LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Accel opti failure!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by jasonisdn
yes i didnt know it was a crappy part untill some people started to buy them and find out they suck.
You knew, how? You had inside info?
Again... you missed the point. You claim, "you get what you pay for..." When you pay that much money for a product you expect it to work. Do you understand yet? That is the only issue I was attempting to make you understand.
The Edelbrock intake promises a hp gain. Once again it's the same example you tried with the resister thing. There's a HUGE difference and it has no merit as a valid example of anything related to this thread. This has to do with quality rather than hp performance.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by ZL1modified
accel sucks...

what happened to your thread Stevo?
The body builder who likes to make threats and establish manliness on the internet stepped in trying to attempt to make some sort of point in a condescending manner.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by SS RRR
You knew, how? You had inside info?
Again... you missed the point. You claim, "you get what you pay for..." When you pay that much money for a product you expect it to work. Do you understand yet? That is the only issue I was attempting to make you understand.
The Edelbrock intake promises a hp gain. Once again it's the same example you tried with the resister thing. There's a HUGE difference and it has no merit as a valid example of anything related to this thread. This has to do with quality rather than hp performance.
how do you know a new product works ? you just buy something blindly. hp gain or just looking for a more dependable part, both have the same issue. how do you know its gonna work other than what the producer of said part has told you. thats why you let it get into use in the real world.

by saying that you are expecting that part to work due to its price, is nuts. i do belive you get what you pay for. pay 10,000 for a paint job , it better be flawless. on the other hand you are taking the man on his word and end up with a earl shive paint job. you can't take people or companies at their word. you need proof, from a source that isn't going to be bias. customers that are using the parts and have beat the crap out of them. i don't see why paying 300. for a brand new part , that has no real world trials, is a guarantee that it will function as stated.

steveo i removed other threads so the topic can be kept. sorry for this post but man i see his point but he doesn't see mine
Old 03-28-2007, 09:04 PM

steveo i removed other threads so the topic can be kept. sorry for this post but man i see his point but he doesn't see mine
I see your point just fine, but your point has NOTHING to do with the phrase, "You get what you pay for..." It's actually, "Buyer beware..."
Old 03-29-2007, 02:40 AM

yep definetly crap I am sending mine back and getting a refund. I thought I would try the MSD one now. Pricey but what the heck, whats putting on another opti. haha should be able to do it with my eyees closed.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:43 AM

Somebody has to buy the part and try it out. Who cares if he wanted to try something new. Now the rest of us know the problems with them and we can take a chance and buy it or go another route.

Anyways, I would like to hear if anybody has had a good experience with the accel opti.

how do you know a new product works ? you just buy something blindly. hp gain or just looking for a more dependable part, both have the same issue. how do you know its gonna work other than what the producer of said part has told you. thats why you let it get into use in the real world.

by saying that you are expecting that part to work due to its price, is nuts. i do belive you get what you pay for. pay 10,000 for a paint job , it better be flawless. on the other hand you are taking the man on his word and end up with a earl shive paint job. you can't take people or companies at their word. you need proof, from a source that isn't going to be bias. customers that are using the parts and have beat the crap out of them. i don't see why paying 300. for a brand new part , that has no real world trials, is a guarantee that it will function as stated.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:39 AM

Well it is too bad the accel opti appears to have problems,but it is great that everyone on here shares their experience because it helps us all make a better decision when it comes to buying parts for our cars.Now i have a dynaspark on my car and so far it works great but it has not been on there long enough for me to say that it is the best.When i bought it i did alot of research and it is the one i choose because there were not that many negetive things said about it but alot of positive things said.There is not alot on this web site that use it but i checked on some other forums and there are alot of corvette guys that have had them for a few years now and have had no problems so that is the one i choose and so far so good.I have also been in contact with the owners of the company and they seem very interested in customer satisfaction.Anyway it is another option,although very expensive i feel it is worth it in the long run i hope.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:26 AM

Thats a lot of money, not everyone has that kind of cash to blow when you can get a stock unit for $250.
Any Idea where I can find one for that? The best I could find is $368.00. I was going to get the Accel from JC Whit for $199.00, but not after reading this thread.

Last edited by 97venom; 05-15-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by 97venom
Any Idea where I can find one for that? The best I could find is $368.00. I was going to get the Accel from JC Whit for $199.00, but not after reading this thread.
http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#Dal_and_Jason
Old 05-15-2007, 05:19 PM

I guess I should have thought of Shoebox first thing (not thinking too well here, just panicing a little here). Thank You!