LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Advanced Auto Window Motors...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 03:00 PM

Question Advanced Auto Window Motors...

Anyone have any experience with these? They are $54.88 with a lifetime warranty...

Need some opinions before I buy....

Thanks,
Jason
Old 09-12-2003, 03:12 PM

I just bought one a few weeks back from AutoZone for about $70. It has been working fine for me. Install was not a problem. There is a link to install them somewhere on this site. Make sure you lube all the gears and slides while you have it all apart. Clean the electrical contacts too.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:59 PM

Thats what I needed to hear thanks Joe...
Old 09-12-2003, 04:13 PM

Re: Advanced Auto Window Motors...

Originally posted by jasonl57
Anyone have any experience with these? They are $54.88 with a lifetime warranty...

Need some opinions before I buy....

Thanks,
Jason
I do About a year and 2 mo and still going stong, although the car sits during the winter.

does the autozone one have warrenty?
Old 09-12-2003, 05:57 PM

Re: Re: Advanced Auto Window Motors...

Originally posted by 94formulabz
does the autozone one have warrenty?

Warranted for Life
Old 09-12-2003, 06:14 PM

thanks 94formulabz...Looks like I'm going to be picking up some window motors (yep 2 both went out now - for the 3rd time)...

Do they seem any faster rolling up/down than the originals?

Also, about that lifetime warranty...that kicks *** one of the main reason I want to get them...Hope they really mean "lifetime" and not "limited lifetime".

Thanks again all...
Old 09-12-2003, 06:19 PM

advance is usually pretty good with the lifetime stuff ..
Old 09-12-2003, 06:31 PM

Well, my drivers side takes about 2/3 of the time of my psg side. My passenger side never 'stalls', but i bet it is slower than a new GM one. I have a feeling i'll be doing that one within the next year.

Thats good to know that the autozone one has a warrenty too, although it is an extra 20 bucks. I remember calling pep boys, national, autozone, and the Advance. Advance was the cheapest and lifetime warrenty. Maybe the other guys didn't know what they were talkin about when i called but i'm sure i asked if they had warrenties.

I bet that there is a good chance the advance and autozone ones are both being rebuilt in the same shop somewhere in mexico, hahahah.

-brent
Old 09-12-2003, 07:10 PM

I've installed 3 power window motor(different cars) from Advance Auto never had a problem yet.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:55 PM

Originally posted by a_z28_vance
I've installed 3 power window motor(different cars) from Advance Auto never had a problem yet.
>cool I am there .
I haven't driven my car for so long (been driving my Silverado instead) that it seems like forever for the windows to roll up or down .
Old 09-12-2003, 08:12 PM

thanks 94formulabz...Looks like I'm going to be picking up some window motors (yep 2 both went out now - for the 3rd time)...

Are you putting a lot of grease on the window tracks and the gears??????????? That made a huge difference on how fast the windows went up and down; not as much noise coming from the motor either...........motor doesn't have to work so hard. I used some Mobil One grease out of my grease gun (ball joint grease) With the long flexible tube, you can get every slide, roller and gear.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:01 PM

I wont buy from advance auto AGIAN...there lifetime warrenty is NOT a lifetime....you get 1 then if u replace that ur warrenty is up...so u only have 1 replacement...I have had a problem with a clutch I bought from them for 300$..so I took it back and yes they exchanged it no problem...now my problem came in when i tried to return that 1 for the same reason I did the other...and they wouldNT exchange it...they said U have 1 replacement...thats it....so then I asked how it can be considered a lifetime warrenty if u only get 1 replacement???? So they gave me a number to the main office and they pretty much said...ur SOL...AUTOZONE is the place...they say lifetime...they mean it...NO QUESIONS ASKED...I will never go to advance auto AGIAN!!!

matt
Old 09-12-2003, 10:09 PM

I have a Advance unit on my drivers side. It's been fine for over 1 1/2 years. I'll go with an Autozone unit next time so I can get a new one more than once.
Old 09-13-2003, 02:24 AM

One comment. Their motors suck a$$! The driver side is one year old and the passanger side 10 months. Both are running extremely slow and I know for a fact I'll be replacing both motors within a few weeks.

I had the motors professionally installed at a very reputable shop too. So. I'm not a fan of their motors.

Schantin
1997 Camaro Z28
Old 09-13-2003, 03:28 AM

Joe...Nah, I had the dealership replace them both times as it was still under warranty...now thats gone though.

So here's a little insight that COULD be true from what I beleive to be a pretty reputable resource...My neighbor is the service manager for a local Chevy dealership in my area. He told me that their is a known problem with the window switches. He said that when you use the one touch roll-down for the drivers window that even though the window is down the switch can something in between can get screwy and make the motor where it trying to run down, thus burning up your motor eventually.

Take it or leave it but no matter I am going to start using the one-touch and hitting the switch back up a jolt. Can't hurt.

Thaks guys,
Jason

Quick Reply: Advanced Auto Window Motors...