LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

AI200cc stock bottom end dyno results, 429rwhp with a miss

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by dangalla
and my question about combustion chamber size was also disregarded, without knowing that nobody can pass judgement

a little bigger cam and a little smaller chamber and you easily get the results shown here. i am in no way advocating anyone just think if everyone is gonna judge the facts should be straight
Fact are straight and your question was answered. Yes the chamber is smaller, and the cam is the same 'size' fwiw. Let's see what the car runs at the track

Let's not forget either that a stock intake went back on, and the package provided by the LE/BRE team was 'tailored' to his stock shortblock, (they all are, as they have repeatedly touted on this board). AI provided their product, advice and similar cam, and got better results. Call BS all you want.

Last edited by SS MPSTR; 01-02-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by T/A lt1
Nice numbers but the Canton oilpan you added is good for a few horsepower so if you made 10more rwhp with a little larger cam then you guys are the greatest thing since sliced bread huh?
Lol yes the canton pan is worth exactly 10-15rwhp on a 400rwhp car! My Canton pan is a piece of **** and the only decernable power it gave is the power to leak oil everywhere the car goes.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
Fact are straight and your question was answered. Yes the chamber is smaller, and the cam is the same 'size' fwiw. Let's see what the car runs at the track
ok so your admitting that any comparison must be skewed due to differences-correct, although i must have missed that info or confused it for intake runner size

its simple - smaller chamber = more compression = more hp

had both chambers been the same then it would be a fair comparason
Old 01-02-2008, 10:45 AM

ok so your admitting that any comparison must be skewed due to differences-correct, although i must have missed that info or confused it for intake runner size

its simple - smaller chamber = more compression = more hp

had both chambers been the same then it would be a fair comparason
Wasn't it obvoius that the smaller head made more power, or did I miss something? How much do you think it affected the compression? Say it was 0.2 points increase, how exactly does that translate into power, especially with an unported intake? If it is that simple of an explanation, why didn't LE do the same? Do they not want their customers to maximize their 'investment' or results? Their profit was maximized, why weren't the results?
Old 01-02-2008, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by T/A lt1
Nice numbers but the Canton oilpan you added is good for a few horsepower so if you made 10more rwhp with a little larger cam then you guys are the greatest thing since sliced bread huh?
I can garuntee you the oil pan is not worth 10rwhp, and lets not forget the little fact that I put in a new oil pump with a high pressure spring that's eating up more power than the old stock pump. I'm also running 40 weight oil now compared to 30 weight so I know that's eating up more power than before, but I don't want to post every little exscuse out there. Or the fact that I went from a ported intake manifold to a stock unported intake manifold. And the cam isn't larger than my old one. The cams are nothing alike but my new one isn't larger.

Last edited by speed_demon24; 01-02-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:19 AM

Well we dynoed 18+HP on an engine dyno so I know there is a difference now on the oil pressure spring i think you need to ask someone about that but do you now need a shortblock?
Old 01-02-2008, 12:25 PM

Wasn't it obvoius that the smaller head made more power, or did I miss something? How much do you think it affected the compression? Say it was 0.2 points increase, how exactly does that translate into power, especially with an unported intake? If it is that simple of an explanation, why didn't LE do the same? Do they not want their customers to maximize their 'investment' or results? Their profit was maximized, why weren't the results?
do me a favor, show me where in this thread it states the difference in size, you stated here that it was smaller, but how did you know that. if it is a nominal diff then i retract my previous statement

Fact are straight and your question was answered. Yes the chamber is smaller, and the cam is the same 'size' fwiw.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
lets not forget the little fact that I put in a new oil pump with a high pressure spring that's eating up more power than the old stock pump. I'm also running 40 weight oil now compared to 30 weight so I know that's eating up more power than before
your not gonna lose anything worth mentioning bumping the oil pressure a little, and straight 40 weight, thats what you run
Old 01-02-2008, 12:56 PM

do me a favor, show me where in this thread it states the difference in size, you stated here that it was smaller, but how did you know that. if it is a nominal diff then i retract my previous statement
https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=57

apology accepted
Old 01-02-2008, 01:07 PM

18cc is a pretty big diff. and that will bump compression a good bit, are you sure he was not refering to intake runner volume

and just to clear this up - i am not taking sides, i am not arguing just to argue, i am just wondering a few things before i make a decision as to weather or not this is a valuable comparason of company b vs c

and again great results speed good luck with it
Old 01-02-2008, 01:18 PM

are you sure he was not refering to intake runner volume
You know, that's a good point to note - I don't know. Maybe Robert can chime in on this. I'd have to figure that the AI set has got to be within 1cc or 2cc of the stock chamber size (and the LE offering) and it's the runner size that is smaller.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:31 PM

18cc is a pretty big diff. and that will bump compression a good bit, are you sure he was not refering to intake runner volume

and just to clear this up - i am not taking sides, i am not arguing just to argue, i am just wondering a few things before i make a decision as to weather or not this is a valuable comparason of company b vs c

18cc has to be intake runner volume. I don't think you could possibly mill a head enough to cut that much out. AFAIK, the difference is minimal at best. My heads came out to be right around 1 cc smaller. They milled the head for flatness and better gasket mating. Nothing substantial on my heads and I would assume the original posters heads are much the same way.

Even if he changed to thinner gaskets (which he didn't claim to have done) the change would be less than half a point. Probably closer to .1 or .2 without doing the math.

Last edited by tireburnin; 01-02-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:32 PM

Um its the runner size thats that much smaller. If the chamber was 18cc's smaller I'de be running 15:1 compression. The chambers should only be ~1cc smaller than my LE2 heads which is worth 2hp tops.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Um its the runner size thats that much smaller. If the chamber was 18cc's smaller I'de be running 15:1 compression. The chambers should only be ~1cc smaller than my LE2 heads which is worth 2hp tops.
thats what i figured, and why i was confused, so would i be correct to assume the intake runners were almost 13cc over the advertised volume(on the previous heads)
Old 01-02-2008, 01:44 PM

thats what i figured, and why i was confused, so would i be correct to assume the intake runners were almost 13cc over the advertised volume(on the previous heads)
Yep. My car had nothing below 3k with the old setup. I was bogging to a 1.9-2.0 60' at the track with a quick slip of the clutch at 4k on nittos.

Quick Reply: AI200cc stock bottom end dyno results, 429rwhp with a miss